+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Off-Campus Work Permit after First semester!! Why??

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Hello guys. I have a question regarding to off campus work permit. Why it is in Canada that during first semester the student can only work on campus. where as on the completion of first semester he will be awarded off campus work permit, if he/she shows satisfactory results during exam. Why is that? Can't a student work off campus during first semester without work permit?

I don't understand why work permit is required? Will employer provide job only one shows work permit? Please explain this problem to me. It's irritating me ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

xmaanix

May 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can find off campus desi jobs, these jobs are under the table cash jobs.. but if you caught working, you will be deported back.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Off campus work permit is a privilege not a right. Realistically your studies are your first priority not work. So the first semester is so that you can focus on your studies and make sure your grades are good before getting into work.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Nightrocker said:
Hello guys. I have a question regarding to off campus work permit. Why it is in Canada that during first semester the student can only work on campus. where as on the completion of first semester he will be awarded off campus work permit, if he/she shows satisfactory results during exam. Why is that? Can't a student work off campus during first semester without work permit?

I don't understand why work permit is required? Will employer provide job only one shows work permit? Please explain this problem to me. It's irritating me ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Your only intention over there is just to study and not to work :p and hence this law. BTW it is not after one semester, it is after 6months! And like newtone said, its a privilege so you cannot argue on that.

Onoff

Jun 1, 2011
Your only intention over there is just to study and not to work and hence this law. BTW it is not after one semester, it is after 6months! And like newtone said, its a privilege so you cannot argue on that.
its mean that ..if i landed today in canada ...from this date ..to after 6 months ..i can work on off campus work permit..

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Onoff said:
its mean that ..if i landed today in canada ...from this date ..to after 6 months ..i can work on off campus work permit..
As far as I know, you can apply for work permit after 6 months.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration does not want you to come as a student if your main purpose is to work. First you have to show that you are doing well in your studies, then you can apply for the off-campus work permit. You may not start working until you get it. During your semester, you may not work more than 20 hours a week.

Not all colleges are a party to the off-campus work permit program so you have to check into that too. If you quit your studies or your grades fall, your off-campus permit is no longer valid and you must return it.

Those are the rules and if you want to stay in Canada, you should follow them. You may not think that the rules are important but if you are caught working illegally, you will soon find yourself on a plane going back home.

Kaushik Roy

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Calcutta
Category........
Visa Office......
Calcutta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
IELTS Request
31-12-2010 || Overall 8.0
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2011
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon....
If its changes, in the current off-campus working system, that u'r referring to as 'news' then lemme tell u, there is none.

I hope u do not want to find urself on a plane back home prematurely.. right? so take it one at a time. study and after 6 months do off campus for the stipulated hours.

telugustudent

Jul 19, 2011
xmaanix said:
you can find off campus desi jobs, these jobs are under the table cash jobs.. but if you caught working, you will be deported back.
hey if we caught working illegally will they warn for the first time OR deport us back to india with out any excuse???and if we get off-campus work permit ,we need to work only 20 hour's a week OR can we do more than that...and will there be any chance will the offical's caught us redhanded????/

tnt4ever

Star Member
May 2, 2011
Lahore- Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All of a sudden every body is jst placing his own statement
i knew many students working there off campus with cash jobs
two of them are from Stoufvlle and one is from LSBF
well
as far as the past history is concerned, can any one dare to tell me a single named ever deported while caught working off campus

if u get caught, they will contact your institution first to get to know about your current educational history, if satisfactory with complete attendance, no reason to send u back, how ever its a law and must be abide by every single person
i knew so many fucking creepy shit head never applied (basically they are agents) on this forum and diverting students from their main attentions

i wont even pay sorry for my words cuz they mean it
and bhai log, koi itna chutia nhi k pakistan sy canada jaye aur sirf parhy, han jo nawab hain woh ja bhi sakty hain aur parh bhi rhy hain
reh gai bat ordinary students ki, so keep your spirit up and faith too, its not a big deal to work off campus, once you get into real situations, u will be the one to face them, so avoid using these kind of shit statements(even they exist) it will de motivate a student to pursue for further

best of luck to all of those who are waiting for medical calls and visa stamping

Nightrocker said:

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Getting caught breaking the rules (irrespective of being deported or not), is not likely to help your case if you want to apply for permanent resident status in Canada at a later date.

Just because other people break the rules/laws does not mean that every individual can or should get away with it.

Everyone should remember that students and visitors enter Canada under certain conditions, we all accept the terms, so why not follow the rules?

lonesoul

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-5-2011
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
Med's Request
06-7-2011
Med's Done....
11-7-2011
Passport Req..
18-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-7-2011 got on 4-8-2011
As far as i know the time limit to apply for work permit is after atleast 6 months.