Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Yeah it is in a way a tricky period. Do know you can enter canada via land border without a PR card or Canadian passport.

I know one person entering Canada using their home passport and nexus card while they wait for their Canadian passport (he travels across the border multiple times a month.)

Those who are green card holders can enter canada using home country passport and green card.
@b00li
I could cross to the state by land, only with pic ID and Citizen certificate and return to Canada with Pic ID only ( I showed them the certificate but they returned it right away)

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
I am still waiting for the updates since AOR Jan 17 OCT 24 Online applicant. I requested GCMS notes as well. does assigned officer need to update the application before releasing the notes? any idea?

• Wow
Reactions: fulton1712

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
I am still waiting for the updates since AOR Jan 17 OCT 24 Online applicant. I requested GCMS notes as well. does assigned officer need to update the application before releasing the notes? any idea?
Have your tried calling IRCC customer care number once ?

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Yes I did multiple times, keep saying just wait for our correspondence and next steps could be test. nothing more than that.
I believe assigned officer didn’t reach to my application yet and webform regarding duplicate application - technical glitch was acknowledged in early june and it was mentioned my file will be reviewed shortly

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
I actually checked and you can have your passport within 2 business days if you pay $110 extra, or 2-9 business days if you pay $50. Otherwise, it's approx. 2 weeks.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/processing-times.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/urgent-emergency-passport.html
if you use weekend service fee $-335+160+other applicable fee you can get same day or next day

Reactions: GD.Iron.80

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hello All, I am an august 2020 applicant. I had my interview just back on July 5th. Haven’t heard anything since then. Nothing changed in my status as well. Any idea why ? Could there be an issue? Any advise would help!
August 2020 or August 2021? If it's 2020 then wow, that's a long time! Is your case non-routine? And what was your interview about?

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
August 2020 or August 2021? If it's 2020 then wow, that's a long time! Is your case non-routine? And what was your interview about?
August 2020 applicant.

not sure if I’m routine or not but the interview was quiet intense. My interviewer was very strict and didn’t show any emotions. I’ve had a lot of trips to the US but I’m not sure if that was the reason. So I’m just wondering what’sgoing on and if I need to do something

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
August 2020 applicant.

not sure if I’m routine or not but the interview was quiet intense. My interviewer was very strict and didn’t show any emotions. I’ve had a lot of trips to the US but I’m not sure if that was the reason. So I’m just wondering what’sgoing on and if I need to do something
I dont think there should be any reason for worrying, if you have done nothing wrong.

Try ordering GCMS notes.

When you say lot of trips ? how many ? assuming it may be because of your office work, so you can explain that it was requirement from your office.

What did interviewer asked ?

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
I dont think there should be any reason for worrying, if you have done nothing wrong.

Try ordering GCMS notes.

When you say lot of trips ? how many ? assuming it may be because of your office work, so you can explain that it was requirement from your office.

What did interviewer asked ?
Interviewer went a lot into depth. He did interview as if he didn’t do his homework prior to. As if he just pulled my file up at the time the interview was. It was very annoying. Not sure if I can go in depth here about what kind of questions that were asked. But I was pretty pissed by the end. Yeah, nothing is really wrong with my file, but still I’m just so irritated with the timings and there is still no update.

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Interviewer went a lot into depth. He did interview as if he didn’t do his homework prior to. As if he just pulled my file up at the time the interview was. It was very annoying. Not sure if I can go in depth here about what kind of questions that were asked. But I was pretty pissed by the end. Yeah, nothing is really wrong with my file, but still I’m just so irritated with the timings and there is still no update.
You have your test done ? or BG completed ?

Wishing you all the best.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Do you have any idea why your application could have been taking so long? Some unclear immigration history or something?