+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Hi,

No, I only had a correspondence saying I should make payment of extra $5.
I asked you because you need to have valid status (not implied one) in order for them to process your OWP application before Approval in Principle (AIP).

If they asked you to pay the remaining fee in February and you do not have status, you will want to call them to make sure if they are processing it now or will only do it next to the end.

Mark Robinson

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
I asked you because you need to have valid status (not implied one) in order for them to process your OWP application before Approval in Principle (AIP).

If they asked you to pay the remaining fee in February and you do not have status, you will want to call them to make sure if they are processing it now or will only do it next to the end.

This is the full story:
I was on an implied status (temporary visitor and extending my visitors application) when I submitted my PR Application with OWP. I submitted visitors extension in August, Submitted PR amd OWP in Oct, and I called CIC after making the $5 payment, I was told they waiting on decision on my temporary permit extension (that made me an implied status applicant). The question is, I am changing status, why should the previous temporary status matter (Visitor) as I am eligible for the PR owp. Am I expected to have two temporary permit or why should the extension matter to this particular application?

I am frustrated now!

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
This is the full story:
I was on an implied status (temporary visitor and extending my visitors application) when I submitted my PR Application with OWP. I submitted visitors extension in August, Submitted PR amd OWP in Oct, and I called CIC after making the $5 payment, I was told they waiting on decision on my temporary permit extension (that made me an implied status applicant). The question is, I am changing status, why should the previous temporary status matter (Visitor) as I am eligible for the PR owp. Am I expected to have two temporary permit or why should the extension matter to this particular application?

I am frustrated now!
That's very weird, you submitted your visitor visa extension in August and you still haven't heard back? It takes around 3- 4 months for a decision to be made on visitors visa extension, you should contact CIC in regards that extension because you crossed the normal processing times
I'm actually like you, though I applied for my visitor visa extension in the end of October (my visitor visa was valid until the 1st of November) and I applied for pr and OWP in mid November when I was on implied status
I still am on implied status, I haven't heard anything back about my visitor visa extension nor OWP
I was always worried that this might delay my OWP, my lawyer said that the extension will probably affect the OWP which is kind of unfortunate, however I'm hoping for the best since I'm still in the normal processing times
But you should definetly contact CIC regarding the status of your extension, Good luck to you! :)

Feb 7, 2019
We have the same timeline with the exception that I haven't received a medical request, what makes me nervous... Is it normal?? I don't think so... Everyone from october and also november got their MR... :(

Hi there, please do not lose hope; each applicant's process is unique.

These medicals are valid for a certain amount of time and if the process takes longer, CIC asks for new medicals, so you might have to take a second one along the way. Therefore I've heard/read numerous examples of medical requests arriving in 2-4 months to 7-9 months in, with no effect on the total timeline of the application.

However, I would still advise that you call CIC or ask for information about your application via the webform.

Good luck!

Cali14214

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Burlington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-10--2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
Any October applicants get OWP approval recently? We are Oct 30 applicants so watching to see where everyone else is at! Already done medicals.... Thanks

NidaR

Feb 11, 2019
Hi, I would like to have some advice on my case.
So I applied for my inland sponsorship along with OWP and upfront medical exam on oct 18th, 2018. On jan 3rd I received an email that I have to do my medical exam. I talked to the agent and they that they can see my upfront medical on my file and advised that via web form i should send them a message along with the receipt that I sent an upfront medical already which is valid, so i messaged them on same day. Also 2 of the agents via their system sent a message to them that upfront medical was received. Today I again called to know the status of my medical they said previously the officer indicated that we received it but today they are saying they did not, so they advised to send the message again via web form.
Can anyone please advise me what else I should other than sending them message via web form:(

Thanks

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi all,

Still waiting for my physical work permit to turn up in the mail. If I call IRCC can they tell me which address it was sent to, as I need to know if I need to go to my old apartment to get it. Thought I'd ask here before wasting my time being on hold with them.

Thanks

Jessica_D

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Winnipeg
Any October applicants get OWP approval recently? We are Oct 30 applicants so watching to see where everyone else is at! Already done medicals.... Thanks
CIC says they received our OWP app October 11 - we still haven't received OWP.

Ours was received October 18th and we are in the same boat - no word yet! Really hoping to hear something this week. Fingers crossed for all of us! :):rolleyes:

Reactions: Cali14214

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Ours was received October 18th and we are in the same boat - no word yet! Really hoping to hear something this week. Fingers crossed for all of us! :):rolleyes:
Make room on that boat... OWP application received a day after yours, but no word yet. I know we're well within the timeline, but I'm still getting a bit impatient, lol. Fingers crossed for all!

Jessica_D

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Winnipeg
Make room on that boat... OWP application received a day after yours, but no word yet. I know we're well within the timeline, but I'm still getting a bit impatient, lol. Fingers crossed for all!
Same! I was really expecting to hear something last week. I'm trying to remind myself that the timing is normal, but the worry is creeping in... :confused: Nice to know I'm not the only one. :D

Reactions: Jazzercise

Nasimj

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Something really weird happened. I was checking my husband's OWP file and when I logged in, it said file updated, when I clicked on it, there was no update! Has anyone else faced this before?

Hary123

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Something really weird happened. I was checking my husband's OWP file and when I logged in, it said file updated, when I clicked on it, there was no update! Has anyone else faced this before?
Check the application status,it should change or post your status here so we can comment whats going on.