+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
@LMBF : Medical Checks and Criminal Records will be requested separately.

If you followed the document checklist and submitted everything as required on that (and any supplemental information based on the country-specific requirements) you should be fine. From what I read, it looks like you've submitted a lot of evidence.

You mentioned that you live together, and that you are Canadian applying outland for your husband. Did you include specific evidence that you are making plans to return to Canada? That's something IRCC will want to see in your case.

Based on the medical results, he may have to re-do that exam but IRCC will send that request (and a date it must be completed by) through one of its channels.

Reactions: LMBF

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi, when you say it was received in the CIC mailroom: did you receive a text from CIC (if you'd registered for the CIC text message notification) or do you know this by other means of tracking? Thanks.
Note that they have stopped the text message service.

Christine M

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hi, when you say it was received in the CIC mailroom: did you receive a text from CIC (if you'd registered for the CIC text message notification) or do you know this by other means of tracking? Thanks.
Hi there, yes I've registered with the text message notification service of CIC.

Reactions: jdCanadian

LMBF

Oct 9, 2017
Azores-Portugal
Doc's Request.
Schedule A request Dec 28-2017
AOR Received.
Oct 30 - 2017
Med's Request
Dec 30 - 2017
Med's Done....
Jan
@LMBF : Medical Checks and Criminal Records will be requested separately.

If you followed the document checklist and submitted everything as required on that (and any supplemental information based on the country-specific requirements) you should be fine. From what I read, it looks like you've submitted a lot of evidence.

You mentioned that you live together, and that you are Canadian applying outland for your husband. Did you include specific evidence that you are making plans to return to Canada? That's something IRCC will want to see in your case.

Based on the medical results, he may have to re-do that exam but IRCC will send that request (and a date it must be completed by) through one of its channels.

IOn one of the forms, there was line asking me to explain the going back to canada and when...(which is kind of stupid, cause we'll only go when everything is approved) I wasn't aware that

LMBF

Oct 9, 2017
Azores-Portugal
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 30 - 2017
Med's Request
Dec 30 - 2017
Med's Done....
Jan
I wasn't aware that the requirements were different based on the country you live at...

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I wasn't aware that the requirements were different based on the country you live at...
There can be country-specific requirements. If you got the checklist from this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and you selected the country you live in, the site will have returned any additional documents. I see a Portuguese flag in your profile, if your husband currently lives in Portugal, he will have had to submit an additional form with the application:

LMBF

Oct 9, 2017
Azores-Portugal
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 30 - 2017
Med's Request
Dec 30 - 2017
Med's Done....
Jan
There can be country-specific requirements. If you got the checklist from this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and you selected the country you live in, the site will have returned any additional documents. I see a Portuguese flag in your profile, if your husband currently lives in Portugal, he will have had to submit an additional form with the application:
We both live in Portugal, and we have legal representative (immigration law firm) in Canada doing all our paper work, actually, it's all done, and we've just sent our signed forms and everything we were asked to send. They were the ones who asked for everything. Anyone else here using legal representatives?

HTD

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hello everyone , Its great to have October Spousal Applicants at one place . I submitted my spousal application on Oct 8th 2017 received on Oct 11th at CPC Mississauga. Waiting for the AOR and SA. Does anyone have received it yet?

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Hello everyone , Its great to have October Spousal Applicants at one place . I submitted my spousal application on Oct 8th 2017 received on Oct 11th at CPC Mississauga. Waiting for the AOR and SA. Does anyone have received it yet?
From what I gather, September applicants are still waiting for AOR and SA, so there may be a bit of a wait for October applicants.

Hope your application goes smoothly!

Reactions: HTD

HTD

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
From what I gather, September applicants are still waiting for AOR and SA, so there may be a bit of a wait for October applicants.

Hope your application goes smoothly!
Thanks evdm . Fingers crossed. Hope for the best for all of us.

djmiles

Sep 6, 2017
Hello all, I’m from the UK and my girlfriend is sponsoring me (common-law). Sent on 10th October, received 13th October. Let the waiting game commence!

Outland application as we both live in The UK.

aollivierre

Aug 12, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Canadian sponsoring my wife who is living in Jordan.
Application Sent: October 11,2017
Application Delivered (by Canadapost): October 12,2017