+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2017 Citizenship Applications

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I received a response to my ATIP request today. A lengthy document, but mostly repetitive. For me, I was mostly interested in whether they have received my FP results from the RCMP and when it was received.

One of the interesting things in the report was that the various stages of eligibility assessments the application goes through have due dates. Almost all of them have October 27, 2018 as the due date. These are assessments for criminality, language, prohibitions, residence, knowledge, and security clearance. Most of them, for me, show as "Not Started", with criminality as being "In Progress". The primary office for my application is Scarborough, secondary is St. Clair.

The criminality check prompted the FP request, for which they received the report from RCMP on December 15th. The due date on this is actually February 4th, so it'll be interesting to see if anything changes after that date.

As it's clear this is a computer-generated and likely an automated process, I'm going to file another request. The strange thing is that this ATIP request was made on December 20th, the "report generation" date was December 21st, but I only received it today, meeting their 30-day requirement. Strange in that if it was generated a month ago, electronically, why wouldn't it have been sent to me sooner? Who knows.
Thanks for sharing! I think the 30 day stipulation in order to discourage applicants from submitting a request everyday or too frequently.

I've heard if you make multiple requests within the 30 day period, the latest one overrides the previous ... I could be wrong about this though.

piejack

Feb 2, 2018
I just saw that there is a forum like this! New member here!
Here is my update:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 26, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 2, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 19, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 1, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 15, 2018 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just saw that there is a forum like this! New member here!
Here is my update:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 26, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 2, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 19, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 1, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 15, 2018 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Welcome!! Added you to global spreadsheet. Give some time to reflect your updated in spreadsheet. Below is link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/edit#gid=2028181341

Can you share your the following:

location/visa office
application type (single/ family)
physical presence days
application sent date

jacZ

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hi ,i did my test today in montreal cic ,i passed the test,interview was quick about 5 min,the officer told me that everything is good ,that they asked for FP,i told him that i made it like a couple of weeks ago,he told me that they didnt receive it yet...I asked about the oath ,he told me to wait 3 months or so ,id receive it by then,.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi- kindly update my application status

Username: mdd2011
AOR: Nov 26, 2017
In process: Dec 1, 2017
Test Invite: Jan 15, 2018
Test interview date: Feb 5, 2018
Can you please advise what your visa office was for test? Was it Scarborough, Mississauga or any other visa office

sana123

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone update my info

IP - 13 Feb
Test invite : 23 March.