+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
What about the ecas is it update it that they send you fingerprint request
Status is still IN PROCESS with the added note:

4. We sent you correspondence on December 5, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Just to add as a status update, I received a request for fingerprints in the mail today. That'll make for a nice delay... I just wonder what triggers this sort of thing.
Just in case anyone is interested in the info, I called CIC and asked what about my application triggered this request. The letter references requirements of sections 21 and 22 of the Citizenship Act. Section 21 states that time spent incarcerated or on probation does not count towards residency requirements. Since my only brush with the law since I've lived in Canada (about 15 years now) has been one minor speeding ticket, I was concerned that there was a mistake somewhere that flagged me as possibly having been incarcerated. Section 22 broadly states certain conditions could prohibit one to become a citizen. Since it's requiring a fingerprint search, I'm guessing that is referring to certain crimes being committed.

I was told by the agent that there wasn't anything specific, but rather just that random applications are selected for fingerprint verification. So, that'll be $70 and at least a week long delay in getting the results back. Fortunately I only need to send them back to the Toronto office.

ghadawinnipeg

Oct 13, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2017
We sent you correspondence on dec 4?
I haven't received anything any ideas what that could be? It was my husband application

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Please update my wife's info.
Username: ottawahd
In process: Dec 7.

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
I think this 4th line in ecas can mean anything. I got one but it's for the updated physical presence calculator. The only difference is I saw the 4th line in ecas after I have responded to the letter they sent.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Status is still IN PROCESS with the added note:

4. We sent you correspondence on December 5, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
i got IN PROCESS status today 8/December/2017.

My Note is only short Message: "We started processing your Application on December 7, 2017."

Maybe you attempted to send new stuff and made enquiries by phone or webform.

NEVER SEND STUFF THEY DONT ASK FOR, NEVER SAY WHAT U HAVENT BEEN ASKED BECAUSE IT CAN CAUSE CONFUSION TO OFFICERS AND CAUSE DELAYS AND MAYBE THEY WILL REQUEST STUFF THAT WILL CAUSE U NIGHTMARE

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Just in case anyone is interested in the info, I called CIC and asked what about my application triggered this request. The letter references requirements of sections 21 and 22 of the Citizenship Act. Section 21 states that time spent incarcerated or on probation does not count towards residency requirements. Since my only brush with the law since I've lived in Canada (about 15 years now) has been one minor speeding ticket, I was concerned that there was a mistake somewhere that flagged me as possibly having been incarcerated. Section 22 broadly states certain conditions could prohibit one to become a citizen. Since it's requiring a fingerprint search, I'm guessing that is referring to certain crimes being committed.

I was told by the agent that there wasn't anything specific, but rather just that random applications are selected for fingerprint verification. So, that'll be $70 and at least a week long delay in getting the results back. Fortunately I only need to send them back to the Toronto office.
maybe your name is confused with criminal immigrant running around town who have same around age.
ITS NOT TRUE they select random apps for fingerprint ITS JUST ROUTINE ANSWER to make u leave phone.

Get to bottom line of this issue to check if are on no fly list.

jims_89

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
October 16, 2017 Recieved
AOR Received.
Waiting
FINALLY RECEIVED AOR!!!
October 16th applicant here

App. Sent: Oct 13
App. Delivered: Oct 16th
AOR: December 8th

People who are waiting for AOR, you will get yours soon for sure. Good Luck!!!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
FINALLY RECEIVED AOR!!!
October 16th applicant here

App. Sent: Oct 13
App. Delivered: Oct 16th
AOR: December 8th

People who are waiting for AOR, you will get yours soon for sure. Good Luck!!!
Updated the sheet. Congrats and good luck!

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Maybe you attempted to send new stuff and made enquiries by phone or webform.

NEVER SEND STUFF THEY DONT ASK FOR, NEVER SAY WHAT U HAVENT BEEN ASKED BECAUSE IT CAN CAUSE CONFUSION TO OFFICERS AND CAUSE DELAYS AND MAYBE THEY WILL REQUEST STUFF THAT WILL CAUSE U NIGHTMARE
Didn’t do anything of the sort.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
maybe your name is confused with criminal immigrant running around town who have same around age.
ITS NOT TRUE they select random apps for fingerprint ITS JUST ROUTINE ANSWER to make u leave phone.

Get to bottom line of this issue to check if are on no fly list.
Yeah, I’ve thought about this as a real possibility as well, confused identity.

Oh well. It’ll only be a week until they get the report from the RCMP, so I’m not going to lose sleep over it. More annoyed that I had to take the time to do it and spend the $70!