+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Yeah, I’ve thought about this as a real possibility as well, confused identity.

Oh well. It’ll only be a week until they get the report from the RCMP, so I’m not going to lose sleep over it. More annoyed that I had to take the time to do it and spend the $70!
Hi, I see that you're located in Newmarket. If I may ask, where did you get the fingerprinting done ? I thought it costs around $50-$55 max. $70 seems more than what people reported on this forum.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi, I see that you're located in Newmarket. If I may ask, where did you get the fingerprinting done ? I thought it costs around $50-$55 max. $70 seems more than what people reported on this forum.
Went to a place in Richmond Hill. Didn’t check around much, TBH. The police services facility wanted $105, so $70 seemed good. I was just happy to get it done quickly.

Reactions: razerblade

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
If Newmarket has no dedicated office it could be one of CIC office in York Regional like Vaughn, Thornhill or Markham, but Markham has longest waiting list & proccess times due to hire number of new chinese & eastern european applicants and 1 in 3 people in Markham is new immigrants ariving in Canada after 1999 therefore has highest applicants number after Mississauga which also highest number of applications than even Toronto the only deffrence is Toronto has many CIC offices always prepared no matter what volumes on time.
I’m in Newmarket and mine is being processed in the St. Clair office.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Went to a place in Richmond Hill. Didn’t check around much, TBH. The police services facility wanted $105, so $70 seemed good. I was just happy to get it done quickly.
Thanks for sharing. There is an RCMP office in Newmarket on Harry Walker Pkwy. I wonder if they do fingerprinting, and whether it would be quicker than using 3rd parties. I, too, am expecting to get a FP request in a few weeks.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I’m in Newmarket and mine is being processed in the St. Clair office.
Wow, St. Clair ? That's a surprise. I thought it would be at the Scarborough office. I looked at some of the past months data on the tracker sheet, and saw Newmarket applications being processed in Scarborough. I suppose it depends on how overloaded they are.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Thanks for sharing. There is an RCMP office in Newmarket on Harry Walker Pkwy. I wonder if they do fingerprinting, and whether it would be quicker than using 3rd parties. I, too, am expecting to get a FP request in a few weeks.
It’ll save you money if they do because RCMP doesn’t charge for FP due to citizenship requests. The fees charges by third party places are just their own service fees.

Reactions: razerblade

nvkhanh

Oct 5, 2017
finally got my AOR on December 8 and the email didn't hit my inbox until 8:30pm, didn't know these guys worked that late

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
We should get a Newmarket meeting organized lol
lol not very many applicants from Newmarket sadly. Wish we had our own IRCC office nearby. St. Clair office is all the way in Etobicoke, seems like a pain. I hope it's faster than Scarborough though. DM to Oath times at Scarborough are crazy long (6 months+)

Wow, St. Clair ? That's a surprise. I thought it would be at the Scarborough office. I looked at some of the past months data on the tracker sheet, and saw Newmarket applications being processed in Scarborough. I suppose it depends on how overloaded they are.
I think it is random, some York Region applications are sent to Scarborough and some to St Clair. Good luck everyone.