+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benk said:
Hi ar_fabrics,

Are there any updates on your application? Mine still waiting for test invite........ Do not know why its taking long.... I thought things will pick up speed after the full implementation of C-24 last June 11............. :(
Thanks for concern. Still waiting for test invitation today mississauga office cancelled all test between 22/06 to 03/07 reason is unknown as usual.

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello October Applicants,,

we started our journey together toward the citizenship,,, Yesterday we went through the ceremony at Scarborough office ,,, my family and I got the citizenship certificate ,,, it was different day,,, excited day when my kids did shake hands with the judge upon receiving the citizenship certificates and taking pictures with him,,,,

I hop that all of you get the citizenship soon ,,,, thanks for all of your help and support

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
imadiq said:
Hello October Applicants,,

we started our journey together toward the citizenship,,, Yesterday we went through the ceremony at Scarborough office ,,, my family and I got the citizenship certificate ,,, it was different day,,, excited day when my kids did shake hands with the judge upon receiving the citizenship certificates and taking pictures with him,,,,

I hop that all of you get the citizenship soon ,,,, thanks for all of your help and support
congratulations :)

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
Today, my ecas status changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made". No further details are available regarding an invitation for the oath ceremony. Hopefully soon!

RaphouG

Jan 17, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

A few days back (4-5), my ecas status changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made".
Several lines on my Ecas status desapeared and said that my file was transfered (back?) to Montreal.
Yesterday, on Friday, I have received my oath ceremony invitation, due to 07/07/2015.
Yes!!!! Excactly 4 years + 16 days after I landed here in MTL, I will be a proud Canadian ;-)
Best luck to you all !
Cheers!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
RaphouG said:
Hi all,

A few days back (4-5), my ecas status changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made".
Several lines on my Ecas status desapeared and said that my file was transfered (back?) to Montreal.
Yesterday, on Friday, I have received my oath ceremony invitation, due to 07/07/2015.
Yes!!!! Excactly 4 years + 16 days after I landed here in MTL, I will be a proud Canadian ;-)
Best luck to you all !
Cheers!
congratulations :)

icemwaahh

Nov 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am planning to contact my Mp and ask for his help. I am still waiting for my oath invitation. can somebody help me to formulate a letter. thanks.

khowe

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2012
LANDED..........
06-16-2012
icemwaahh said:
I am planning to contact my Mp and ask for his help. I am still waiting for my oath invitation. can somebody help me to formulate a letter. thanks.
I am curious to see if this helps, but you are still well within the timeline for receiving your oath. I took my test in March and have not heard anything yet and I know there are others who have taken the test before me that have not received an oath invite. I am not sure what your local office told you, but in Vancouver it could be up to 5 months from the test date and the agents on the phone say the same thing. Try and be patient and I am sure you will receive good news soon!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
khowe said:
I am curious to see if this helps, but you are still well within the timeline for receiving your oath. I took my test in March and have not heard anything yet and I know there are others who have taken the test before me that have not received an oath invite. I am not sure what your local office told you, but in Vancouver it could be up to 5 months from the test date and the agents on the phone say the same thing. Try and be patient and I am sure you will receive good news soon!
When I took test in April, all the test takers including me were given pamphlet stating that the oath will take 2-3 months.

Here are few stats:

User: Empirical-Scientist's partner
Test: March 17th
Oath: June 19th

User: RENANMATAYA's friend
Test: April 5th
Oath: June 26th

User: Empirical-Scientist's coworker
Test: March 23rd
Oath: June 23rd

User: veri
Test: March 30th
Oath 1st July 2015

User: guitarhero
Test: April 9th
Oath July 3rd.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Hello guys

The last line of my Ecas reappeared as

"We sent you a notice on June 19, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 8, 2015 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment callus"

I applied in Oct 2014, any idea what to take to the test, what documents I mean, good luck to every one including myself. I am Winnipeg candidate,

Cheers guys ,

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
thecoolguysam said:
When I took test in April, all the test takers including me were given pamphlet stating that the oath will take 2-3 months.

Here are few stats:

User: Empirical-Scientist's coworker
Test: March 23rd
Oath: June 23rd
My coworker's eCas reportedly changed to Decision Made from In Process, but no new line showing the oath date. I'll be attending his ceremony tomorrow at Expo Blvd. Will keep you posted on any weird updates.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
handsomeishere said:
Hello guys

The last line of my Ecas reappeared as

"We sent you a notice on June 19, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 8, 2015 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment callus"

I applied in Oct 2014, any idea what to take to the test, what documents I mean, good luck to every one including myself. I am Winnipeg candidate,

Cheers guys ,
Congratulations.

The test invite will outline what you need to bring during the test/interview.

Usually it would be all the originals of the copies those were submitted along with the application including all passports, pr card, landing paper, two pieces of ID, language proof etc.
Make sure you study the official "Discover Canada" book multiple times. Don't rely on online free tests as they are just to learn information however you can't rely on them to pass the test. Just consider the "Discover Canada" official book and ready it properly multiple times.

During the interview, the officer will verify your originals like pr card, passports, landing document, two pieces of ID and will match the stamps on the passport with the online residence calculator sheet. He will also check your english/french language abilities during the conversation.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks very much thecoolguysam, I really appreciate it , plus one for ya ,

Kind regards

thecoolguysam said:
Congratulations.

The test invite will outline what you need to bring during the test/interview.

Usually it would be all the originals of the copies those were submitted along with the application including all passports, pr card, landing paper, two pieces of ID, language proof etc.
Make sure you study the official "Discover Canada" book multiple times. Don't rely on online free tests as they are just to learn information however you can't rely on them to pass the test. Just consider the "Discover Canada" official book and ready it properly multiple times.

During the interview, the officer will verify your originals like pr card, passports, landing document, two pieces of ID and will match the stamps on the passport with the online residence calculator sheet. He will also check your english/french language abilities during the conversation.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
RaphouG said:
Hi all,

Best luck to you all !
Cheers!
Congratulations!! Just would like to know when did you take the exam? Im from Montreal too and did took an exam last MAY 15 and passed it but i was wondering i dont received any invitation letter and my ecas still showing In Process. You will have an oath taking on July 7 , hope i can receive mine too , im worried because its been 5 weeks since i took and passed the exam. Thank you and congrats again.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Any Oct applicant still waiting for a test? I received RQ and submitted all details to the Scarborough CIC office in early Feb. I haven't heard anything back yet. I am thinking of ordering ATIP but not sure if that will help. I guess I will just have to wait and watch :(