+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
Hello abdicro,

My application was received at CIC Sydney on 6th October, 2014. I have not received yet any update from CIC at all. I have a friend who sent his application on exactly same day as me and it was received exactly same day as mine and he has received AOR email on 18th November, 2014.

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
Well, it's the same thing with me! Many of the people who got AOR or updated ECAS on this thread sent their applications the same day with me and our applications were received on October 6 th , same day! But i haven't received any AOR. And i haven't received my application back to me yet.

Only 3 case scenarios:

* They haven't opened our applications yet, which is unfair because some people whose application was received Oct 9 has gotten Ecas updated!

* They have started working on our applications but didn't update ECAS, which again is not fair

* The application is incomplete and they sent it back, but why haven't we received it yet? Absurd!

anyway, everything is just so weird and we have no choice but to wait.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Let's stay positive. I have good vibes. The ugly times at CIC were back in 2011-2012 or so when the RQ confusion and other communications gaps created major havoc.

I think - with the influx of $44 mill. and more hiring and tightening their act - things are way more streamlined (compared to before). It may still not be super fast like Australia or US. But hopefully it gets there.

Also, once the longer application time for Bill C-24 kicks in next summer, they will be churning out the assembly line at an even faster pace since the number of applicants who qualify would have fallen by a big chunk for a variety of reasons - not having 4 in 6 yrs, not fulfilling the 183 day rule in the application period (as I recall) etc. etc.

Its the Holiday Season...Stay Positive ! I think we are working with a comparatively better CIC system now...

Oh wait...its Santa knocking on the door...LOL :D :D

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great news just now my e-case is updated :D

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 22, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 27, 2014.

4.We received your payment, along with one or more citizenship applications.

October Applicants ,,,,,, ways to go :D :D :D :D :D

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imadiq said:
Great news just now my e-case is updated :D

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 22, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 27, 2014.

4.We received your payment, along with one or more citizenship applications.

October Applicants ,,,,,, ways to go :D :D :D :D :D
This is fast, guess the oct/2014 bath will be processed in a quick fashion.

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
This is fast, guess the oct/2014 bath will be processed in a quick fashion.
I hope That everything will be OK about our family application,,, ;D

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Mine was received on October 23 so I guess I am next ;) I will check my e-case tonight and this week as well. I wasn't expecting anything before January so...

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QUESTION ?

what does mean ( received line disappeared ) in the sheet for October applicants

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imadiq said:
QUESTION ?

what does mean ( received line disappeared ) in the sheet for October applicants
I join you to get an answer to the question.

stanka

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I find it amusing that all October applicants who can see their files being processed are from GTA.

imadiq

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skakeholder said:
I join you to get an answer to the question.
I found some answers from the below link but I am not sure if the answers are 100%

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-does-it-mean-if-received-line-disappears-pls-t230973.0.html

another link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/meaning-of-disappearance-of-receive-line-t216641.15.html

but in both links no one gave definite answer

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
It means that the line disappeared on the website, meaning your application has been sent to its regional bureau. It means that they are going to process your application. (Can take up to 18 months, it depends)

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
Hi Imadiq
Congratulation and all the best for you and your family in the application process
I already applied in the same day and i hope i will see updates soon in my ecas ;)

vsthakkar

Dec 7, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imadiq said:
QUESTION ?

Check this out
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_gra&lang=en&app=ecas