Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
Hello Sept15,

Actually, the last few sentences of the last speech of the throne were about the citizenship act, the conservative governement promised that this session will see a full review of the current citizenship act that didn't get a serious reform in 30 years. Nobody really knows what the new reform will look like, speculations are that the more we advance in time, the less permanent residency will have value and the harder it will get to become a citizen, all the signs we are seeing today tend to show that what is to come will not be pleasant for many immigrants who immigrated to Canada for a second chance of having a good life - sadly enough, too many hard line conservative canadians believe that the road to citizenship is too easy today and the current government is doing its best to show them that they are listening to them.

When will the new act become effective ? well the process will take some time before the minister drafts the law and submits it to the two chambers to debate it and to approve it and then it will have to get the Royal Assent before it becomes a law. The conservatives have an absolute majority today so the process can be relatively quick and straightforward, nothing and nobody will really be able to stop them unless someone with a winning case challenges the new law at the supreme court (chances are that nobody will...). Anyhow, my personal analysis is that nothing will happen before february or even march because the pareliement will shut down for the vacations and will only open again in mid january... Today, the government has other issues to tackle, like the disgusting senate scandal and some other issues...but one never knows what tomorrow hides with Harper and his team.

Personally, as a lawful law abiding immigrant, and as a person who loves Canada and who adopted it as his home country, when I will become a Canadian Citizen, I will never forget this government's ideology on immigration and immigrants, so they will never be getting my vote.

Cheers!
Thanks Ramsfe,

My wife is eligible for citizenship march 27, 2014... i hope things not change by then....

zzsfx

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 3, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 3, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 5, 2013.

Cheers!

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations !

October people, let's see if there is a tendancy here, keep your eyes open !

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
druid2010 said:
Applicant Receipt Date In Process App Type Days Local Office RQ Date Test Date Oath Date
(name) (date) family/single

zzsfx 01 Oct 2013 03 Dec 2013
druid2010 03 Oct 2013 North York
lilua 15 Oct 2013 Scarborough
ramsfe 15 Oct
Sept15 24 Oct 2013 Saskatoon
tran 24 Oct
mrbravo 31 Oct 2013 Newfoundland

sungeus

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
druid2010 said:
Applicant Receipt Date In Process App Type Days Local Office RQ Date Test Date Oath Date
(name) (date) family/single

zzsfx 01 Oct 2013
druid2010 03 Oct 2013 North York
lilua 15 Oct 2013 Scarborough
ramsfe 15 Oct
Sept15 24 Oct 2013 Saskatoon
tran 24 Oct
mrbravo 31 Oct 2013 Newfoundland
Can you add my application in the list, my application was received on Oct 11th and my local office is Mississauga..Thanks

singh84a

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO shifted to CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can one someone please add me to the list too. I applied with 1127 days.

I mailed my application on Oct 10, recieved Oct 14.

Not sure what would my local office me, I live in mississauga right now, however i put my mailing adddess of Scarborough.

Also, can I leave Canada now and come back for my citizenship test/oath ceremony and other requests that may come.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I knew that their info was not accurate !

I just called CIC and they told me that they are processing the applications received before the 25th of september... which is obviously partially wrong or partially right as one of the october forum members said that his october application showed on ECas as of last friday.

I am curious to know what their answer would be if other people called today... So if you have 5 minutes, give a call to CIC and check the status of your application and ask them what date they got to today:)

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
I knew that their info was not accurate !

I just called CIC and they told me that they are processing the applications received before the 25th of september... which is obviously partially wrong or partially right as one of the october forum members said that his october application showed on ECas as of last friday.

I am curious to know what their answer would be if other people called today... So if you have 5 minutes, give a call to CIC and check the status of your application and ask them what date they got to today:)
Calling CIC every other day will not help us and will only frustrate CIC employees. I believe a person should call CIC only if there's a problem with his/her application, processing times are longer than usual, etc. There are at least 5 people from September thread who haven't received any update on their applications yet, so why don't we just relax until Christmas, and let CIC do their job, like answering more serious inquiries.

Can also anyone add me to the list.
My application reached CIC on October 21, local office - Vancouver, family application

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, we have the right to get information, we have the right to know what is happening... I am not really concerned about pissing off the employees at CIC, there is a problem there and someone has to look into it, we have EVERY right to get the information we deserve about our applications, 3 months to say that an application is received is way too much. CIC's doesn't think twice before frustrating applicants with wait periods of over 2 -3 years to get an answer about their future...

Every inquiry about citizenship issues is SERIOUS ! We are talking about our futures here, come on !

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ramsfe,
Employees at call centres are just answering questions based on information they see in the system, they are neither decision makers, nor the ones screening applications. Why put pressure on them? The 2-3 years wait-time is not their fault.
You called CIC and found out which date applications they are opening. Why ask other people to call? Just because one October applicant received update on e-cas? Well, may be his application was super easy and it took the officer 20 minutes to review it, while the other officer needed 5-7 days to screen a more complicated application. They are not machines.
I'm not trying to say don't call them at all, but we have to be reasonable when placing a call.

We know that it takes on average 10 weeks to receive an e-cas update, so for us, middle October applicants, December 24-31 is the time for updates.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stork1 said:
Hi ramsfe,
Employees at call centres are just answering questions based on information they see in the system, they are neither decision makers, nor the ones screening applications. Why put pressure on them? The 2-3 years wait-time is not their fault.
You called CIC and found out which date applications they are opening. Why ask other people to call? Just because one October applicant received update on e-cas? Well, may be his application was super easy and it took the officer 20 minutes to review it, while the other officer needed 5-7 days to screen a more complicated application. They are not machines.
I'm not trying to say don't call them at all, but we have to be reasonable when placing a call.

We know that it takes on average 10 weeks to receive an e-cas update, so for us, middle October applicants, December 24-31 is the time for updates.
I have to agree with you. Based on the estimate, it takes about 10 weeks to get an Ecas update. With the holidays, I will give them 12 weeks and if I did not get anything by then, I might call them.. but not before 12 weeks since they received my application. My application was received Oct 24... I will call them mid January if nothing shows up....
Happy Holidays

Waiting21

Oct 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was received on 15 October.
Waiting for ecas / AOR