+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
guys, finally receive test invite... no email received, but show in ecas...hope the strike of Canada Post won't affect receiving mail confirmation...

Reactions: kushari

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
I think they intentionally make people wait for at least a year. They can finish processing much faster if they want. After the first primary steps, they leave our files aside until we call them several times and wake them up. Then they look at the date and if it is more than a year, they may start the final steps.

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
I received the test invite too. I got a call yesterday from MP's office that CIC has notified them about my test invitation. So as I had mentioned earlier, CIC did respond within 10 business days (in 5-6 days) as the MP's office has mentioned. Those who are still waiting suggest you folks to reach out to your local MP if you haven't done so. It may or maynot help, but it doesn't hurt either. So goodluck to everyone waiting.

Test invite - yesterday 06 Nov
Test date - 27th Nov - scarborough 8.20 AM.

My ECAS is also updated, but no email from CIC. In ECAS, they have mentioned they have sent by mail, so seems like regular mail. will wait till next week.

Reactions: kushari

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
guys, finally receive test invite... no email received, but show in ecas...hope the strike of Canada Post won't affect receiving mail confirmation...
Great! Well the strike does affect your mail (I think it would), you could call and ask for the information, I think they can give it to you on the phone.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
I think they intentionally make people wait for at least a year. They can finish processing much faster if they want. After the first primary steps, they leave our files aside until we call them several times and wake them up. Then they look at the date and if it is more than a year, they may start the final steps.
That's absolutely false, unless you have proof, stop making such conspiracy level accusations.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I received the test invite too. I got a call yesterday from MP's office that CIC has notified them about my test invitation. So as I had mentioned earlier, CIC did respond within 10 business days (in 5-6 days) as the MP's office has mentioned. Those who are still waiting suggest you folks to reach out to your local MP if you haven't done so. It may or maynot help, but it doesn't hurt either. So goodluck to everyone waiting.

Test invite - yesterday 06 Nov
Test date - 27th Nov - scarborough 8.20 AM.

My ECAS is also updated, but no email from CIC. In ECAS, they have mentioned they have sent by mail, so seems like regular mail. will wait till next week.
My MP’s office called them after 12 months, then again after 2 weeks, nothing happened for me, and I am passing my 13-month mark in less than a week

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
My MP’s office called them after 12 months, then again after 2 weeks, nothing happened for me, and I am passing my 13-month mark in less than a week
I am in the same boat. I am waiting from 13 months completion and still waiting for Oath from last 8 months. I have called a few times and even they won't email the relevant department. They said it's not their policy to send email after 12 months and all I have to do is to wait.

I am not sure if MP will make a difference honestly. They will do it whenever they want to do it. (I gave up on calling or following it up..... how long further they wanna take? they are testing our patience :) so I am waiting )

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
I am in the same boat. I am waiting from 13 months completion and still waiting for Oath from last 8 months. I have called a few times and even they won't email the relevant department. They said it's not their policy to send email after 12 months and all I have to do is to wait.

I am not sure if MP will make a difference honestly. They will do it whenever they want to do it. (I gave up on calling or following it up..... how long further they wanna take? they are testing our patience :) so I am waiting )
that's crazy man... how long you've had DM in ECAS

NB61

Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012 RA only
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
(PER) 31-12-2014
Med's Request
31-01-2015
Med's Done....
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
23/03/2015
LANDED..........
14/04/2015

Hi All, i recently started to follow the forum. I applied in Oct 2017 and have been waiting to hear from IRCC since then.

I recently contacted the IRCC office. They clearly explained me that my application is only waiting for the background check. I assume this can be the main reason for some applications that are processed more slowly.

Just be paitent, guys. The journey will be over soon.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
That's absolutely false, unless you have proof, stop making such conspiracy level accusations.
Leave them alone they are allowed to voice their opinion especially since they been waiting longer than 12 months plus where else are they supposed to let out their frustration this is forum therapy.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017

With all the respect, if your application has gone well and you do not understand others' frustration and cannot say anything helpful then just do not say anything. Everyone has the right to voice their opinion and they should. It is very inconsiderate to ignore the pain of others and post insensitive comments just because your application is gone well and not much to worry about. There are people whose lives depend on this process and time is important to them!