+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

ersar

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Hey guys. I had my test last month but status still says “in process” why the status doesn’t turn to decision made? it’s such drag this cotinzeship process I always thought PR application process was slower and tougher but this one is whole different level

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
anybody here from Montreal still waiting for test. It's weird to be only one waiting lol. But it is not funny to have a longer process than everybody else when they don't ask you for any additional documents and any other requests and when you call they say everything is fine.
anybody here from Montreal still waiting for test. It's weird to be only one waiting lol. But it is not funny to have a longer process than everybody else when they don't ask you for any additional documents and any other requests and when you call they say everything is fine.

Not from Montreal, but still waiting for the test, not sure how many more here are still waiting for the test. I contacted IRCC for the past three weeks and it turned out that they just started opening my application after more than a year and now they are doing the background check which I'm not sure how long will take. Before that, every time (after the one year period) I called them they said everything is fine and nothing to worry about, but I learned that when they say that it basically means the file is put aside and not being worked on yet. Hope that's not the case for you, but it was for me unfortunately, hope your agent is not as sleepy as mine. Good luck.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Not from Montreal, but still waiting for the test, not sure how many more here are still waiting for the test. I contacted IRCC for the past three weeks and it turned out that they just started opening my application after more than a year and now they are doing the background check which I'm not sure how long will take. Before that, every time (after the one year period) I called them they said everything is fine and nothing to worry about, but I learned that when they say that it basically means the file is put aside and not being worked on yet. Hope that's not the case for you, but it was for me unfortunately, hope your agent is not as sleepy as mine. Good luck.
Sorry to hear that - I guess now we just have to accept that’s how IRCC works and keep the expectations really low

Reactions: Littup

Littup

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
Sorry to hear that, I guess they somehow forget some applications. They told me the same thing: everything is in order, just wait a couple of weeks. They said background check is done though . Not sure how long it's gonna take to be invited to write test. They never gave a specific timeline when I called after one year has passed.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to hear that - I guess now we just have to accept that’s how IRCC works and keep the expectations really low
Yeah, there are a few slow agents that either don't want to work or just lazy and if you are unlucky your case will go to them, but others seem to do their jobs fine. The biggest problem is that there is no transparency in IRCC and that can cause corruption - they can leave your file untouched for a year without holding anyone accountable and if you call them they will just give you the lousy answers that everyone knows. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to hear that, I guess they somehow forget some applications. They told me the same thing: everything is in order, just wait a couple of weeks. They said background check is done though . Not sure how long it's gonna take to be invited to write test. They never gave a specific timeline when I called after one year has passed.

What I learned was that when you call them and get that "everything is fine" answer it usually means your file is not being worked on currently and who knows for how long, so I suggest calling them frequently until you get a different response. There are a few agents in each office that need a kick to wake up and do their jobs. Good luck my friend and hopefully you will hear a better answer soon.

Littup

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
Yeah, there are a few slow agents that either don't want to work or just lazy and if you are unlucky your case will go to them, but others seem to do their jobs fine. The biggest problem is that there is no transparency in IRCC and that can cause corruption - they can leave your file untouched for a year without holding anyone accountable and if you call them they will just give you the lousy answers that everyone knows. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting.
I guess this is a bigger issue than the delay itself. I thought they're supposed to make internal inquiries and get things moving you wait more than a year. But that's not the case!

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I guess this is a bigger issue than the delay itself. I thought they're supposed to make internal inquiries and get things moving you wait more than a year. But that's not the case!
You are right! I thought the same, but unfortunately that's not the case. I can bet you when I hear for test and finish it I will then have to wait several months again probably for the DM to show or oath or something like that becuase mostl likely the same useless agent will be handling my case, but I hope I'll be wrong and that's not the case.

keltobgy

Apr 4, 2006
Hello Everyone,

Please add my timeline to the sheet. We are a family application of 4 applied in Mississauga and did our test in Scarborough. Today I sent a web inquiry about the status of our application. After passing the test and during the interview the officer asked for translated passport stamps for me and my wife and a police certificate from home country for my wife. All documents provided and received by them on July 31st 2018. The officer indicated during the interview that the oath will be scheduled once received we will schedule your oath ceremony. Application is still in process and we are still waiting.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 16, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 7, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 8, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 6, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment,
Thank you all,
Please update sheet DM today. (First day I check in a while)

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Hey guys. I had my test last month but status still says “in process” why the status doesn’t turn to decision made? it’s such drag this cotinzeship process I always thought PR application process was slower and tougher but this one is whole different level
hey where are you from? wanna check out this: (people who are waiting for oath)
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/join-if-your-application-is-still-ip-after-the-test.586909/page-7

Hasanmtl89

Aug 1, 2013
Hello all,
Its has been 13 months since i applied for my citizenship and didn't get test invite yet. I called the call center twice, they told me there is no comments on file and no clear reason for delay and they added two notes on my account to notify the Montreal office where my application is being processed, I also emailed my MP and did not get any answer.

In my ATIP that i ordered beginning of October 2018 there is a future due date which is 16 December 2018 but its not clear what for and last date that anyone worked on my application was the 21 June 2018. My application was transferred between three agents in the Montreal office.

I want to know what can a lawyer do in this case if any of you had an experience with that.

My timeline:

Application received: 20 October 2017
AOR: 21 December 2017
In process: 15 February 2018
Fingerprint request: 20 April 2018

Thank you

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello all,
Its has been 13 months since i applied for my citizenship and didn't get test invite yet. I called the call center twice, they told me there is no comments on file and no clear reason for delay and they added two notes on my account to notify the Montreal office where my application is being processed, I also emailed my MP and did not get any answer.

In my ATIP that i ordered beginning of October 2018 there is a future due date which is 16 December 2018 but its not clear what for and last date that anyone worked on my application was the 21 June 2018. My application was transferred between three agents in the Montreal office.

I want to know what can a lawyer do in this case if any of you had an experience with that.

My timeline:

Application received: 20 October 2017
AOR: 21 December 2017
In process: 15 February 2018
Fingerprint request: 20 April 2018

Thank you

I'm sorry to hear that. I don’t know if a lawyer can help, but based on what other people said here they could not do much because there is no transparency or accountability in IRCC and because of that their misconduct and irresponsibility cannot be questioned. The best tool might be media and your MP to voice this. It's hard to believe, but there are evidences of discrimination too. Check this link, you may find your answer there > https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/join-if-your-application-is-still-ip-after-the-test.586909/page-3.