rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please update:
I did my test on March 22nd (Mississauga) - Passed
Ecas updated the very same day- Decision made

for those that still need to study; this is my personal opinion about study sources ;

v-soul (free versions) website was absolutely useful.. the paid version was useless over all 8/10
Apnatoronto website 7/10
Richmond library online tests 9/10

in my opinion, all the paid tests out there have inappropriate level of difficulty
Updated your DM date

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
It's insane. instead of prioritizing the application based on the number of eligible days, they treated everyone so unequally and unfairly. I knew someone who send her application on November and she is waiting for ceremony. And she just became eligible after the new 3/5 rule. I had almost 1600 days. The most stupid immigration system in the world
you got my vote my friend ,, even worst when you know someone who never work ,, living off social assistance ,, spent 3 years ,, and got her oath letter ,, and I still wait my oath letter ,,

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
Hi all,

I passed the test yesterday and my ECAS is "Decision Made." Please update the spreadsheet, and best of luck to everyone.

Cheers :)

Reactions: paritosh

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
TODAY IS A VERY GOOD DAY FOR ME GUYS:

1. We sent you a notice on March 23, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 20, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

OFFICE: MISSISSAUGA

Could someone update the sheet?

Sorry for CAPS, I am literally shivering and crying right now... Omg omg omg

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
It would be appreciated if you can confirm which form you received, the CIT 0171 or CIT 0520 or some other form. Thank you.
It's CIT 0520. I was going to post on your very useful thread today. It helped me a lot. I suggest everyone to prepare evidence docs. I did and saved me a lot of time.

Reactions: dpenabill

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
TODAY IS A VERY GOOD DAY FOR ME GUYS:

1. We sent you a notice on March 23, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 20, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

OFFICE: MISSISSAUGA

Could someone update the sheet?

Sorry for CAPS, I am literally shivering and crying right now... Omg omg omg
Congrats.

Reactions: ukulele

ersar

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
you got my vote my friend ,, even worst when you know someone who never work ,, living off social assistance ,, spent 3 years ,, and got her oath letter ,, and I still wait my oath letter ,,
they are busy giving PR and citizenship to hundreds of thousands of refugees. I worked with refugees for a long time. most of them after being here for awhile will go back to their counties because they can not live here because of customs etc. all the tax money we paid! On of them told me they would rather live in war than here. my friend has a PhD and a brilliant man with 10 patents in aerospace he and his family have not yet obtained any PR after 6 years and he is so afraid that he has to leave at the end.

Reactions: paulvoyer

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So - citizenship isn’t based on any of the stuff you’ve mentioned. Like, what is wrong with you? Do you think you’re in America? Loose the attitude.

One day you may be thankful that you *choose* to live in a country that allows you to pay into our systems and use them, if needed.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
they are busy giving PR and citizenship to hundreds of thousands of refugees. I worked with refugees for a long time. most of them after being here for awhile will go back to their counties because they can not live here because of customs etc. all the tax money we paid! On of them told me they would rather live in war than here. my friend has a PhD and a brilliant man with 10 patents in aerospace he and his family have not yet obtained any PR after 6 years and he is so afraid that he has to leave at the end.
I applied with the old law ,, stayed here in Canada for 2138 days in the last 6 years ,, because I left only for 3 vacation trips ,, working here since 2nd week I arrived and paying the tax and the parking tickets as well ,, I am August applicant ,, waiting the oath letter ,, my wife she knows a friend of her who came after us ,, and applied with the new law she never work even 1 single day ,, she got her citizenship already ,, it is really gross ,, believe me when I finish this process I wont be happy or excited ,,

Last edited:
Reactions: paritosh

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Again, another one who needs to loose the attitude. Who do you think you are, exactly?

If you don’t like the fact that the Canadian government and Canadians have chosen to allow refugees come to Canada - leave.

How dare you speak about refugees in this manner. Im disgusted to see this crap on this forum.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
So - citizenship isn’t based on any of the stuff you’ve mentioned. Like, what is wrong with you? Do you think you’re in America? Loose the attitude.

One day you may be thankful that you *choose* to live in a country that allows you to pay into our systems and use them, if needed.
I agree with that ,, my point is where is the justice ??? why someone applied after me got his or her citizenship and I am not ??? what is so different about him or her than me ??? these are the value that the society standing for ,, why I have to get the classic answer " you are within the 12 month process time " whereas other already done ???? why ??? and why ????

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
I applied with the old law ,, stayed here in Canada for 2138 days in the last 6 years ,, because I left only for 3 vacation trips ,, working here since 2nd week I arrived and paying the tax and the parking tickets as well ,, I am August applicant ,, waiting the oath letter ,, my wife she knows a friend of her who came after us ,, and applied with the new law she never work even 1 single day ,, she got her citizenship already ,, it is really gross ,, believe when I finish this process I wont be happy or excited ,,

Dude, it is not a BEST BUY or NO FRILLS line like you imagine... There are a lot of factors involved... Everyone has got a different name (some are common some are not), some are processed faster some are processed slower, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT YOU PAY TAXES OR HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN HERE... Just relax and wait for your letter, it will come... No need to get pissed over somebody getting it faster than you... Applications get mixed up cuz certain ones need more or less time for clearances etc.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with that ,, my point is where is the justice ??? why someone applied after me got his or her citizenship and I am not ??? what is so different about him or her than me ??? these are the value that the society standing for ,, why I have to get the classic answer " you are within the 12 month process time " whereas other already done ???? why ??? and why ????
You literally need to go have a mimosa. We applied in October - it’s march. I get it, we all want citizenship last week but the fact is, we need to wait. The process is based on a lot of moving parts - like it or not. And the result of that is some people are processed quicker than others.

The majority of us will have our applications processed within 12 months - that’s actually pretty amazing.

So instead of being inpatient and hateful towards others - let’s be a little more humble, humane, patient and thankful.

Have a great weekend.