+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
v-soul (free versions) website was absolutely useful.. the paid version was useless over all 8/10
Apnatoronto website 7/10
Richmond library online tests 9/10
I didn't see any questions from the Richmond Library web site about names of Richmond local, provincial and federal elected officials on the actual exam. To issue an exam like that would require a different exam for each examinee according to what riding(s) they reside in. This was not the case at our exam.

genis

Oct 17, 2017
Hi there,
Update !!
Id : Genis
Oath Notice sent on : 23 Mar 2018
Oath date : 20 April 2018

Thanks and good luck to all.

Reactions: Quiches

mamood

Jan 5, 2018
Hi,

My wife and my daughter got decision made today.
They finished their test February 15 and we're asked to provide police certificate from UAE for my wife and one from Lebanon for my daughter aa they lived there for for than 183 days in the last 4 years. We sent colored copies of certficates last Friday March 16th and got the decision made today.

Reactions: jsm0085

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
I was asked to write 3 months when I wrote test on 14 March and now they are asking for 4 months. This means we will get Oath within this time or earlier.

Please Update Spreadsheet
Test passed March 22
Decision Made March 24
Location Calgary

About the test I definitely over prepared I read the book almost 3 times and listened to the audio book once and did lots of online questions. Reading the book twice would probably be enough but I’m glad I did over prepare because now I’m filled with all this knowledge about Canada.
Before the test started they asked everyone to write down any travel dates they have booked in the next 4 months so I assume no oath date will clash with applicants travel.

Good luck to the rest now I wait for my oath invite

gokeeper

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Just found out my son's online status still shows IP while my wife's went DM 10 days ago, is this normal? I sent their application together, AOR and IP on same day as well.
Thanks!

Reactions: paritosh

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
It's CIT 0520. I was going to post on your very useful thread today. It helped me a lot. I suggest everyone to prepare evidence docs. I did and saved me a lot of time.
Appreciate the report.

This might seem like bad news for some new-rule (post-October 11, 2017) applicants, since together with other recent reports it signals IRCC is likely to be issuing RQ and RQ-lite more . . . but RQ-lite, the CIT 0520, is way less onerous than the full blown RQ, the CIT 0171, and it should be seen as good news that IRCC is not throwing every applicant into the full-blown RQ pit when IRCC perceives some concern or has a question. The fact that IRCC is making the distinction gives such applicants a chance to submit a few documents which should resolve concerns, rather than be subject to the far more intrusive full-blown RQ. Moreover, the full blown RQ more likely leads to a presence-case (and just being issued it might mean it is a presence-case until and unless a decision is made otherwise), which at the least probably means more skeptical scrutiny and a significantly longer processing time.

Short version: CIT 0520 (RQ-lite) is NOT nearly so bad as CIT 0171 (full-blown RQ) . . . as long as the applicant can and does make a responsive submission of requested documents.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I agree with that ,, my point is where is the justice ??? why someone applied after me got his or her citizenship and I am not ??? what is so different about him or her than me ??? these are the value that the society standing for ,, why I have to get the classic answer " you are within the 12 month process time " whereas other already done ???? why ??? and why ????

Justice?

What does a regular citizenship application processing have to do with Justice? Did they violate your fundamental or any additional rights?

What if they process citizenship applications based on income and tax contributions e.g. those who earn and contribute more are ahead in the queue. How would you feel?

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi,

My wife and my daughter got decision made today.
They finished their test February 15 and we're asked to provide police certificate from UAE for my wife and one from Lebanon for my daughter aa they lived there for for than 183 days in the last 4 years. We sent colored copies of certficates last Friday March 16th and got the decision made today.
Congrats, updated

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
they are busy giving PR and citizenship to hundreds of thousands of refugees. I worked with refugees for a long time. most of them after being here for awhile will go back to their counties because they can not live here because of customs etc. all the tax money we paid! On of them told me they would rather live in war than here. my friend has a PhD and a brilliant man with 10 patents in aerospace he and his family have not yet obtained any PR after 6 years and he is so afraid that he has to leave at the end.
You probably read discover canada but you failed to understand that this beautiful country was built by the help of refuges (british, Irish, run away american refugeed slaves, chines rail road workers.. etc. One day not too far from today, one of this refugees son/daughter will come up with something great for canada maybe a cure to cancer or a cure for an inhuman neglection of universal moral that unfortunately you are diagnosed with. By the way your friend with PhD owes a great deal to his native country first why is he here. Education and wealth should not give your phd friend any extra merit to become a pr/citizen... Human dignity and value should. Here in Canada we are willing to give refugees our tax $ because we value their dignity and importance and we sometimes forgive those small percentage that cheat our system