+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Yes. Thank you!! Is there a wait time to apply for the passport as well after the ceremony?
They usually say 2 days, but you can check ECAS the next morning after you complete your Oath - if your status changes from "Decision Made" to "Complete" and you see the additional line saying "you became a canadian citizen on x- date" you'll be good to apply for the passport.

In my case the status in ECAS was updated overnight after the ceremony.

Keep in mind that it may take you sometime to get the passport application forms completed, your guarantor has to sign a section in the forms and fill in his/her details + sign the back of 1 photo and you also need to fill in the references contact details/information.

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Someone here posted a few weeks ago that they sent a webform to IRCC saying they were at risk of not making the 12 months timeframe since they hadn't gotten a test invite. So i decided to give it a trial last week. I sent a webform Last friday stating i was exactly 2 months away from 12 months and i hadn't gotten a test invite. Well i didn't get any response to the webform query, but today i received an email inviting me for the test on September 5, at Scarborough (I live in Mississauga BTW).

I don't know if its the webform that triggered the test invite but it sure as hell didn't hurt.

it's weird how life throws us these little ironies, I day trade part time, and September 5th is potentially a huge day in the market as it's a Bank of Canada Interest rate decision day. I've been waiting all year for the test and it just had to fall on that day. not complaining though. This is a good problem to have.

Reactions: salimnw

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Someone here posted a few weeks ago that they sent a webform to IRCC saying they were at risk of not making the 12 months timeframe since they hadn't gotten a test invite. So i decided to give it a trial last week. I sent a webform Last friday stating i was exactly 2 months away from 12 months and i hadn't gotten a test invite. Well i didn't get any response to the webform query, but today i received an email inviting me for the test on September 5, at Scarborough (I live in Mississauga BTW).

I don't know if its the webform that triggered the test invite but it sure as hell didn't hurt.

it's weird how life throws us these little ironies, I day trade part time, and September 5th is potentially a huge day in the market as it's a Bank of Canada Interest rate decision day. I've been waiting all year for the test and it just had to fall on that day. not complaining though. This is a good problem to have.
WOW! I would like to learn day trading basics!

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017

Congrats! Couldn’t help yourself had to remind us about interest rate decision day.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
They usually say 2 days, but you can check ECAS the next morning after you complete your Oath - if your status changes from "Decision Made" to "Complete" and you see the additional line saying "you became a canadian citizen on x- date" you'll be good to apply for the passport.

In my case the status in ECAS was updated overnight after the ceremony.

Keep in mind that it may take you sometime to get the passport application forms completed, your guarantor has to sign a section in the forms and fill in his/her details + sign the back of 1 photo and you also need to fill in the references contact details/information.
Are you sure about this? I became a Citizen yesterday, and today my ECAS says Complete and I became a Citizen yesterday. I don't want to waste their time by going in and then they tell me not yet.

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
WOW! I would like to learn day trading basics!
You should, it helps to have multiple skills.

Congrats! Couldn’t help yourself had to remind us about interest rate decision day.
LOL. I guess interest rate days mean different things to different folks. Some make money, some lose money. I'll have to sit that one out though. gotta focus on becoming a Canadian

Reactions: SpiceIsland

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
@Xubi921: I think we both have the same timeline, applied in Oct, Test on Aug 10th, DM on Aug 15th, waiting for Oath Ceremony eagerly!

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Are you sure about this? I became a Citizen yesterday, and today my ECAS says Complete and I became a Citizen yesterday. I don't want to waste their time by going in and then they tell me not yet.
Yes sir, i'm sure - you can go ahead with your passport application.

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
If ECAS is updated, you should be good to apply for your passport. Just For your satisfaction you can print a screen-shot of the ECAS and send it along with your passport application; I think it won't harm..

Reactions: emamabd

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
If ECAS is updated, you should be good to apply for your passport. Just For your satisfaction you can print a screen-shot of the ECAS and send it along with your passport application; I think it won't harm..
Just fyi - there's a passport office in Whitby that's open Saturdays if one doesn't mind driving early morning on a weekend. I received mine in about 6 calendar days after applying in person.

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Just fyi - there's a passport office in Whitby that's open Saturdays if one doesn't mind driving early morning on a weekend. I received mine in about 6 calendar days after applying in person.
Thanks for a fantastic information! I live in Whitby at times, with my aunt as well, so I can go there if need be over a Friday night, get her signatures as a guarantor to apply and apply the next day.

Do you have address to the passport office there?

Reactions: emamabd

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Thanks for a fantastic information! I live in Whitby at times, with my aunt as well, so I can go there if need be over a Friday night, get her signatures as a guarantor to apply and apply the next day.

Do you have address to the passport office there?
Yep, its inside Whitby Mall:

Passport Canada
Address: 1615 Dundas St E #6, Whitby, ON L1N 2L1
Hours:
Friday 8:30a.m.–4p.m.
Saturday 9a.m.–12p.m.
Sunday Closed
Monday 8:30a.m.–4p.m.
Tuesday 8:30a.m.–4p.m.
Wednesday 8:30a.m.–4p.m.
Thursday 8:30a.m.–4p.m.

Reactions: qorax and salimnw

yamenaid

Feb 1, 2014
Test Invite: July 31

Test date: Aug 16 (Scarborough)

Oath invite: Aug 16 (During the interview)

DM: Aug 17

Oath Date: Aug 17 (Scarborough)

Office: Scarborough