OCI process

roam

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Can someone share me your OCI experence.

I have applied my OCI and was processed and dispatched.

It was processed on 4th dec and dispatched from India on 7th Dec but have not received in Toronto Yet.
I have to travel to India on 24th Dec. Do you think I can get before that date?

How long will it generally take from dispatched to received? I have called BLS customer care but no use. They say if it is urgent I can collect directly from CGI Toronto on bloor street downtown once received in Toronto, is this really possible as I have applied in BLS Brampton.

Any reply is appreciated. Thanks.

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Roam - Mine took 12 days from India dispatch to received in Toronto. additional 4 days to get to Brampton BLS (the call center can tell you if arrived in brampton). but yes better if you pick in toronto as you are cutting close. If you wait 2 days after it arrives then might again get in transit for brampton so you will have to check status daily. If call center says yes then it should not be much of an issue collecting at Toronto (atleast you have to try), no U visa sticker anymore so u are just picking up the booklet (go during collection times..3 to 5 at brampton and might be similar in toronto ).

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
yahoo7 said:
I am having problems upload signature and picture online as part of filling part A in the OCI application.
Can someone help please.
Didnt have to upload pic when i applied so dont know, but i know the tool sucks as had to upload copies of documents and had to scan them as Pdf's to get under 500 kb

Nov 2, 2015
yahoo7 said:
I am having problems upload signature and picture online as part of filling part A in the OCI application.
Can someone help please.
Hi
Please check the file size of the photo. It should be less than 25kb. I don't think you need to upload signature unless this is a new requirement. I signed on the printed application form and then submitted.

Can143

Jan 21, 2015
Hi... I received my OCI card today in Toronto. Please find below my timeline for OCI card and surrender of Indian Passport. I hope this info could be of help to others who have applied for their OCI in Toronto area.

Toronto Indian Consulate - OCI Card Timeline
---------------------------------------------------
2015-Nov-04 Submitted walk-in application at BLS Toronto.
2015-Nov-09 Date of Acknowledgment (by Indian Consulate Toronto).
2015-Nov-17 BLS online tracking indicated original documents submitted with OCI application available for pick-up at BLS office.
2015-Nov-18 Picked-up original documents (Canadian Citizenship Certificate & COPR).
2015-Dec-01 “Documents Printing Status PROCESSED”.
2015-Dec-02 “Dispatched from MOIA (OCI) New Delhi”.
2015-Dec-10 “Document received at Toronto”.
2015-Dec-11 Called BLS call center to verify OCI pick-up date and was told to come at least 1 week after “Document received at Toronto” date.
2015-Dec-16 Picked-up OCI card at BLS (walk-in).

Toronto Indian Consulate – Passport Surrender Timeline
---------------------------------------------------------------
2015-Nov-04 Submitted walk-in application at BLS Toronto.
2015-Nov-19 BLS online tracking indicated Cancelled Indian Passport & Surrender Certificate available for pick-up at BLS office.
2015-Nov-20 Picked-up cancelled Indian Passport & Surrender Certificate from BLS.

InEdm

Star Member
Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011 Detroit
Med's Request
20-11-2010
Med's Done....
05-12-2010
Passport Req..
18-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent..
I am doing my online application and completed for myself, but didn't find option to include the family members with the same application. Looks like each will be done as separate?
Since morning I am trying to do the application for family members but after providing the access question, its coming back on the main menu. I have tried several times but its not working, looks some glitch in the system! Any one else experiencing similar?

Thanks

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi
After completing Part A for one member, complete Part B immediately [for that member]
I do not think there is a Family option now

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
InEdm said:
I am doing my online application and completed for myself, but didn't find option to include the family members with the same application. Looks like each will be done as separate?
Since morning I am trying to do the application for family members but after providing the access question, its coming back on the main menu. I have tried several times but its not working, looks some glitch in the system! Any one else experiencing similar?

Thanks

Trust me, BSL oprations is worst than Indian Consulate operations. For all sIndian its like falling from frying pan to fire.

Each BSL member interpret the same rule differently, next time you go there, they tell yesterday the rule was changed.

They test the patience of candidates and made sure applicant make at least SIX visit to their offices and waste total 10 - 15 hours in their offices before they complete it.

The entire work process is so haphazard and chaotic, I found every second visitor some of them Foreigner screaming and complaining its their 5 or 6th visit even for most simple thing.

BSL's website sucks, it does NOT allow one to upload doc more than 500 KB, then they charge $2 for each copy to upload from their office......what a cheap tricks to rip off and harass the candidates.

Clearly, one can take out an Indian from India but not India from an Indian.....

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Trust me, BSL oprations is worst than Indian Consulate operations. For all sIndian its like falling from frying pan to fire.

Each BSL member interpret the same rule differently, next time you go there, they tell yesterday the rule was changed.

They test the patience of candidates and made sure applicant make at least SIX visit to their offices and waste total 10 - 15 hours in their offices before they complete it.

The entire work process is so haphazard and chaotic, I found every second visitor some of them Foreigner screaming and complaining its their 5 or 6th visit even for most simple thing.

BSL's website sucks, it does NOT allow one to upload doc more than 500 KB, then they charge $2 for each copy to upload from their office......what a cheap tricks to rip off and harass the candidates.

Clearly, one can take out an Indian from India but not India from an Indian.....
And the funniest thing - when I said I'm coming for 6 th time for such an unclear message on their side ( which the guy who mis- presented the info also acknowledged too), this other guy says - "consider yourself to b lucky, some com fo 20 times and still won't make it"... And that he is trying to help me to his best.

Cool ye - they think its a proud thing for us to be happy about...

I think you have used very soft words - sucks, chaotic, haphazard, cheaper - for what the reality is...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
boltz said:
And the funniest thing - when I said I'm coming for 6 th time for such an unclear message on their side ( which the guy who mis- presented the info also acknowledged too), this other guy says - "consider yourself to b lucky, some com fo 20 times and still won't make it"... And that he is trying to help me to his best.

Cool ye - they think its a proud thing for us to be happy about...

I think you have used very soft words - sucks, chaotic, haphazard, cheaper - for what the reality is...
Completely agreed, I was waiting in the line. I saw a foreign lady so pissed off after they were returning her 5th time for little work.

We Indians helped best countries in the world with our brilliance and IT skills. Yet miserably failed to make a dent on our services, :eek:

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
dodan said:
Ridiculous process. And in no way does it surprise me.
Babus at their best.I step in there and all those "fond' memories of waiting in govt offices in India come to me, nostalgic feeling. I feel they are well trained on how to send people home after making them wait for hours, lol

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Does anybody know if one can submit the OCI application and application to Cancel Indian passport at same time? I am wondering if the rules are different for different BLS offices? I belong to CGI Vancouver.

Thanks in advance.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
The Indian Passport surrender fee is $240+!!! Does it also apply for kids?! No mention of that
in the BLS or the Indian Consulate. Any idea?! Can't believe it will be a $1000 for family just to
surrender the already invalid Indian Passport!!!