+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Dumb question, but the online OCI printout document that has my photo and signature underneath it... should it be in color xerox?

I have all other xerox copies of supporting, self-attested documents in black and white.
Naa just B&W will do, anyways you will be including a photo with your application submission.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
My kid application status updated on BLS website saying "Processing at Consulate General"
Postal application Brampton
Date of application: 19-Apr-2024

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
OCI process is actually quite simple, it is their execution that makes it v complicated! trying to answer your points below.

1) Filled in OCI form, and downloaded pdf. It already has picture & thumb impression which was digitally uploaded. Do i paste a physical photo on top of this photo? NO. JUST A PRINT OF THE FORM.
2) OCI pdf form has "declaration" section with signature of the applicant. Does my baby need to put thumb impression thr? YES. APPLICANT'S SIGN/TI AND THEN IN THE 2ND SECTION ON THE SAME PAGE - BOTH PARENTS' SIGNATURES. PL DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE THE NOC, SIGNED BY BOTH PARENTS, AND 1 PHOTO EACH OF BOTH PARENTS - AS PER OCI SPECS.
3) How do I pay the courier charges online? This link https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/postalbls.php does not work. CALL N PAY.
4) If I am write we have to send 2 demand drafts. One is $376 and other is $1.7? APPLYING THRU COURIER? YES, OTHERWISE A 376 DRAFT AND REMAINING YOU PAY ON THE SPOT.
5) If i have to submit in person, there is literally no available appointment online. YOU CAN WALK IN, OR YOU CAN TRY THE APPOINTMENT PORTAL AT DIFFERENT TIMES - THEY RELEASE NEW APPOINTMENTS AND ALSO PEOPLE CANCEL THEIRS FROM TIME TO TIME. IF SUBMITTING IN PERSON, BOTH PARENTS NEED TO VISIT.
6) While sending by post, do i need to send original passport as per documents? https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf
Thanks for the detailed responses. the checklist says that I need to submit my son's passport as well as birth certificate in original. You sure thats also in the case of postal application? I can just call and confirm that too but great if you know.

Secondly postal applications are sent to BLS or consulate? Is there a weblink that shows this?

trampoline2022

Jul 11, 2022
Friends, recently BLS returned a lot of applications because the Indian consulate revised the fees. Did any one re-sent the application after revising a new bank draft? If yes, can you please share your timeline so far. My OCI application was returned, I sent it again with a new bank draft. I was delivered more than a week ago and there has been not update from BLS so far. Wanted to check if anyone else is in the same boat.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Thanks for the detailed responses. the checklist says that I need to submit my son's passport as well as birth certificate in original. You sure thats also in the case of postal application? I can just call and confirm that too but great if you know.

Secondly postal applications are sent to BLS or consulate? Is there a weblink that shows this?
no experience of using postal services hence didn't answer your point 6 / recent query. apologies.

Sherinsijo

Jun 3, 2017
Have you had any experience using the BLS postal application service recently? Did they send you any confirmation or acknowledgment once they processed the application? I sent the passport surrender application last Tuesday, and it was delivered to BLS on Thursday. Since then, I haven't received any information. When I checked their online tracking, it says 'no record available.' Is the grammar correct?

Tarakeshwar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-12-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
i made multiple online applications for my son's application. galat waali pehle pesh kar di (galat as per previous BLS interaction). guess what, galat waali hee accept ho gayi! but yes, that's my plan for my daughter also now. 1 application i already have - showing 'not granted', will make another giving no such detail at all.
Showing no such detail worked for my wife's and son's OCI, one of them is at BLS for delivery and another on transit.

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

ankurparekh1988

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016
Nomination.....
17/12/2016
AOR Received.
18/08/2016
I understand that but the only confusion is in the application form, the applicant needs to sign with the place and date. So with that, she is physically present in India so can she still write Toronto as a place to sign in the application form as we will apply for Toronto BLS? The problem is due to her health situation she can't travel to Canada and due to BS lengthy election process, they won't process the surrender of her voter card in India till it's over. She can't wait that long as well because her entry visa will be over in October and as we all know India is known for unnecessary lengthy processes in everything.

I have also sent an email to BLS as well but no reply from them as well.
Can someone please confirm if she comes to Canada to for a day or two to apply for in person? Will they take her Canadian passport for verification and she has to wait to travel again or once applies in person she can travel back to India and then they will courier the OCI to my address?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Can someone please confirm if she comes to Canada to for a day or two to apply for in person? Will they take her Canadian passport for verification and she has to wait to travel again or once applies in person she can travel back to India and then they will courier the OCI to my address?
BLS is not authorized to keep Canadian govt issued documents. However they would need to see the original passports
(iND and CAN) and other documents (Marriage/Citizenship/Utility etc) of the applicant is using to support his application
When you submit you request for courier or you can also pick up the OCI on behalf of your spouse (authorization and original payment receipt will be required)