+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
If you don't have OCI in hand you need not mention anything. Not granted means your OCI application was rejected. Will create complication if you say not granted.
the question is - have you/your family member applied. so you have to say yes. 'not granted' is the option but the person processing the application will also see that it is still in process.

adc9889

Mar 21, 2024
Hello, I saw the OCI application fee has to be paid as a money order / draft. I can get it done tomorrow but I can't get an appointment at bls. I am trying walk-in but no success yet.
So if I manage to submit my application next week will the money draft with tomorrow's date be OK. Or, does the date of the money order and the date of submission need to be the same?
Also, do I need to tick the applicant boxes on the checklist to show I have included the relevant documents?

ankurparekh1988

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016
Nomination.....
17/12/2016
AOR Received.
18/08/2016
You need apply from the city as per the jurisdiction of CGI/HCI.
if you select CGI Toronto eg but mention city as either Vancouver or Mumbai. To bus mujhe ek he gif yaad aata hain
I understand that but the only confusion is in the application form, the applicant needs to sign with the place and date. So with that, she is physically present in India so can she still write Toronto as a place to sign in the application form as we will apply for Toronto BLS? The problem is due to her health situation she can't travel to Canada and due to BS lengthy election process, they won't process the surrender of her voter card in India till it's over. She can't wait that long as well because her entry visa will be over in October and as we all know India is known for unnecessary lengthy processes in everything.

I have also sent an email to BLS as well but no reply from them as well.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hello, I saw the OCI application fee has to be paid as a money order / draft. I can get it done tomorrow but I can't get an appointment at bls. I am trying walk-in but no success yet.
So if I manage to submit my application next week will the money draft with tomorrow's date be OK. Or, does the date of the money order and the date of submission need to be the same?
Also, do I need to tick the applicant boxes on the checklist to show I have included the relevant documents?
date of draft/MO doesn't matter
yes, tick marks are expected on the checklist.

Reactions: adc9889

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
WOW! BLS never fails to surprise us.

i have my OCI, and applied for my wife n kid last week. i will be applying for my other kid later this month (so 2 applications of my family will be WIP then), and when i asked for clarity about this question from BLS Toronto, they said what i mentioned above - "you have to mention all OCIs applied/granted, and technically your family would not have been granted an OCI when your daughter applies, so you have to select 'not granted' " - OPPOSITE of what these idiots told @Tarakeshwar ).

• Wow
Reactions: adstarscream732

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I understand that but the only confusion is in the application form, the applicant needs to sign with the place and date. So with that, she is physically present in India so can she still write Toronto as a place to sign in the application form as we will apply for Toronto BLS? The problem is due to her health situation she can't travel to Canada and due to BS lengthy election process, they won't process the surrender of her voter card in India till it's over. She can't wait that long as well because her entry visa will be over in October and as we all know India is known for unnecessary lengthy processes in everything.

I have also sent an email to BLS as well but no reply from them as well.
Go ahead in that case will be my suggestion. You can submit on her behalf after the form has been signed in her name.
But be mindful that BLS will try and ask for photos to be clicked again
The other thing is like what @forw.jane mentioned she has to convert the status in India from visa to OCI in India, part of that process is slightly unknown to most of us on this thread, she would have to contact FRRO https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/home.jsp for that (once she receives the OCI)

adc9889

Mar 21, 2024
My address on my driver's license has ON instead of Ontario.. does my application form need to have ON aswell... if I write Ontario, the application won't be accepted??

Tarakeshwar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-12-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
WOW! BLS never fails to surprise us.

i have my OCI, and applied for my wife n kid last week. i will be applying for my other kid later this month (so 2 applications of my family will be WIP then), and when i asked for clarity about this question from BLS Toronto, they said what i mentioned above - "you have to mention all OCIs applied/granted, and technically your family would not have been granted an OCI when your daughter applies, so you have to select 'not granted' " - OPPOSITE of what these idiots told @Tarakeshwar ).
the best thing to do is create as many applications with those options and submit whichever one they say.. I don't HC gives a damn.. they will anyway do their due diligence since you will be giving them file number just to verify the reason.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
the best thing to do is create as many applications with those options and submit whichever one they say.. I don't HC gives a damn.. they will anyway do their due diligence since you will be giving them file number just to verify the reason.
i made multiple online applications for my son's application. galat waali pehle pesh kar di (galat as per previous BLS interaction). guess what, galat waali hee accept ho gayi! but yes, that's my plan for my daughter also now. 1 application i already have - showing 'not granted', will make another giving no such detail at all.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Dumb question, but the online OCI printout document that has my photo and signature underneath it... should it be in color printout?

I have all other xerox copies of supporting, self-attested documents in black and white.