+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks for the reply @abbas.pasha . Could you also please suggest the alternative I mentioned in my thread, if in case OCI is delayed for some reason? and what does the timeline looks like to get OCI?
I updated my reply above for the alternate options, which is the eVisa and then regularize the eVisa to OCI (which you will have in hand) through the local FRRO, but please read through the FRRO portal which I shared above

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi
If I travel to India on e-visa for a month and get my oci delivered in between, do I need to update it anywhere before coming back here or I am good to come back on e-visa itself without informing online anywhere ?
If the immigration officer asks you about OCI just tell them it was not processed when you left Canada as it shows up when they scan your passport. There is no issue coming back on e-visa when you get OCI later.

Reactions: mnsharma100

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Today, my status shows acknowledgement date on OCI portal. Earlier it was displaying no records found. I have applied in person at BLS Toronto, on Feb 26th, 2024. May i know, how many days it usually takes from the acknowledgement date? Thanks friends!
Date Of Acknowledgment08-MAR-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

mnsharma100

Feb 29, 2024
My OCI status on BLS website says - Passport ready for collection after OCI stamping.

Can I just go to BLS in person and pick it up as I have my flight next week.

Any idea how long it will take from here to get it delivered at home as I have opted for Courier as well

yogeshbatra

Feb 15, 2024
My OCI status on BLS website says - Passport ready for collection after OCI stamping.

Can I just go to BLS in person and pick it up as I have my flight next week.

Any idea how long it will take from here to get it delivered at home as I have opted for Courier as well

You can give it a try between 3 pm to 4:30 pm and pick up in person in case it is not picked up by Purolator already.
If it has been picked up by Purolator then it should be at your door in a day or two.

mnsharma100

Feb 29, 2024
You can give it a try between 3 pm to 4:30 pm and pick up in person in case it is not picked up by Purolator already.
If it has been picked up by Purolator then it should be at your door in a day or two.
It doesn't show the tracking number so I think its not yet picked up by purolator?
I live far from BLS location so want to confirm like does purolator pick it up the same day rhe status changes to Passport Ready for collection..
Any idea?

yogeshbatra

Feb 15, 2024
It doesn't show the tracking number so I think its not yet picked up by purolator?
I live far from BLS location so want to confirm like does purolator pick it up the same day rhe status changes to Passport Ready for collection..
Any idea?
In case of OCI, your file reference number is usually used as the Purolator tracking number. others can confirm on this part.

If there is no tracking information available on Purolator website against your file reference numeber, then it has not been picked up.

Reactions: mnsharma100

jai.shri.ram

Mar 8, 2024
Hello folks, I'm hoping to get some input from people who've recently submitted an OCI application to CGI Vancouver via BLS Surrey.

The question I have is around the fees, here is their webpage - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vancouver-jurisdiction/oci-fresh.php
The fees column has two rows, $341+ ICWF Charge : $4 Total: $345 and Processing Fee: $1.70+ Courier fee
The question is do I need two drafts made out to BLS International Services Canada Inc. for $345 and $1.70 Or do I need one bank draft made out to BLS for $346.70?

How do I determine what the courier fees should be?

And I was hoping to send applications for myself and my wife together, so wondering if it's possible to just have one bank draft made with the combined totals.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello folks, I'm hoping to get some input from people who've recently submitted an OCI application to CGI Vancouver via BLS Surrey.

The question I have is around the fees, here is their webpage - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vancouver-jurisdiction/oci-fresh.php
The fees column has two rows, $341+ ICWF Charge : $4 Total: $345 and Processing Fee: $1.70+ Courier fee
The question is do I need two drafts made out to BLS International Services Canada Inc. for $345 and $1.70 Or do I need one bank draft made out to BLS for $346.70?

And I was hoping to send applications for myself and my wife together, so wondering if it's possible to just have one bank draft made with the combined totals.
For Vancouver if you are doing walk in , you can pay all fees together with debit card or credit.
but if you mailing application , you need one single draft for 345+ 1.70 .

Reactions: jai.shri.ram

yogeshbatra

Feb 15, 2024

For courier, you can call the support to schedule the courier, they will send the payment link for courier on your email.

You can combine have one single draft for 345 + 1.7.

They treat each application individually, so one draft per application. And BLS will charge you courier fee per application basis as well.

Reactions: jai.shri.ram

tenhag

Star Member
May 2, 2023
Sorry off topic but anyone know if I can surrender my wife's passport as well along with mine without her coming to the appointment?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Today, my status shows acknowledgement date on OCI portal. Earlier it was displaying no records found. I have applied in person at BLS Toronto, on Feb 26th, 2024. May i know, how many days it usually takes from the acknowledgement date? Thanks friends!
Date Of Acknowledgment08-MAR-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
~35-40 days

Reactions: navkrish

SPADMASH

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
HI
Can anyone help me. i have applied for my oci from vancouver cgi. it was walkin application at bls edmonton. my acknowledgement date is 11 jan 2024. last week it said processing at consulate in bls site and under process in oci site. now when i log in it says no data found in oci website and i got a wrong person details in bls website. what is going on i can't get it, please help