17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
*Urgent* Please advise!

Went in for walk-in application of OCI on Jan 12th at Brampton center and today I sat down to track the status based. I first entered my birth date along with application reference number and it pulled up some other person's information. Then I entered the application reference number with my passport number and it pulled up my information with status "Processing at Consulate General " but my birth date I see is wrong. They have xxxx-06-xx whereas my birthdate is xxxx-05-xx. Rest numbers are correct in the date.

Background: So when I went there they told me my application was missing Spouse Passport & Spouse Passport Issue Place. I told them these fields were not mandatory and therefore I did not fill them. But the lady at the counter said if you are married they are compulsory. She asked me to pay $100 for premium service where they will refill my application form with this missing information. I agreed. After about 30 mins she called me to check my application and see if there are any mistakes. I did and my spouse passport number was incorrect. She went inside again to redo the application and after another 15-20 mins asked me to just check the passport information as rest all will be same and asked me to sign. Second time I did not check the full form. My guess is that they might have missed filled my birth date in that application :(. the application which I had taken with me originally I checked has my correct birth date (I have the soft copy with me).

What should I do? Could this just be BLS information error and actually my details must have gone there correctly? Is there a way to check this? What will happen now? Will they reject my application ? Will I have to pay again :( and do the whole process again?

This is sooooooooo frustrating!!!!

dhillon

Jul 4, 2008
Sorry to hear this. How about you reach out to BLS directly, and see if they can sort out this inconsistency? It's BLS responsibility as well to ensure biographical data is accurate.

*Urgent* Please advise!

Went in for walk-in application of OCI on Jan 12th at Brampton center and today I sat down to track the status based. I first entered my birth date along with application reference number and it pulled up some other person's information. Then I entered the application reference number with my passport number and it pulled up my information with status "Processing at Consulate General " but my birth date I see is wrong. They have xxxx-06-xx whereas my birthdate is xxxx-05-xx. Rest numbers are correct in the date.

Background: So when I went there they told me my application was missing Spouse Passport & Spouse Passport Issue Place. I told them these fields were not mandatory and therefore I did not fill them. But the lady at the counter said if you are married they are compulsory. She asked me to pay $100 for premium service where they will refill my application form with this missing information. I agreed. After about 30 mins she called me to check my application and see if there are any mistakes. I did and my spouse passport number was incorrect. She went inside again to redo the application and after another 15-20 mins asked me to just check the passport information as rest all will be same and asked me to sign. Second time I did not check the full form. My guess is that they might have missed filled my birth date in that application :(. the application which I had taken with me originally I checked has my correct birth date (I have the soft copy with me).

What should I do? Could this just be BLS information error and actually my details must have gone there correctly? Is there a way to check this? What will happen now? Will they reject my application ? Will I have to pay again :( and do the whole process again?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Sorry to hear this. How about you reach out to BLS directly, and see if they can sort out this inconsistency? It's BLS responsibility as well to ensure biographical data is accurate.
I will call them tomorrow on the number on the BLS site. It is 100% their fault because they did my new application....TWICE! I just hope to get a response over phone!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
*Urgent* Please advise!

Do you have access to the application submitted? Generally BLS tracker shows weird DOB and eventually over time shows the proper one. Normally you can check the application and if it has the right date then there is nothing to worry. In your case as BLS submitted the application, not sure if you have access to the application.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Do you have access to the application submitted? Generally BLS tracker shows weird DOB and eventually over time shows the proper one. Normally you can check the application and if it has the right date then there is nothing to worry. In your case as BLS submitted the application, not sure if you have access to the application.
@forw.jane how can I access the submitted application? As I mentioned in my post they (BLS staff) did my application there again and they have give me that reference# which I used to track the status so if it is possible to check a submitted application I can do so by using that ref#. Can you share how to access that?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
@forw.jane how can I access the submitted application? As I mentioned in my post they (BLS staff) did my application there again and they have give me that reference# which I used to track the status so if it is possible to check a submitted application I can do so by using that ref#. Can you share how to access that?
If you live nearby, it’s good idea to visit them because call centre when won’t answer properly . I would suggest you to go there and talk to them .

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
https://ociservices.gov.in/startReprint

Use Re-print Submitted Application option

Reactions: DiNaV

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)

Andavarayan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
OCI Postal Application (2 Adults + 1 Minor)

Brampton BLS Postal Application
Application Sent : 03-Nov-2023
Application Delivered : 06-Nov-2023
BLS - Application Date : 09-Nov-2023
BLS - Underprocess : 18-Nov-2023
BLS - Processing at Consulate General : 20-Nov-2023
OCI - Date of Acknowledgement : 15-Dec-2023
OCI - Under - Process : 15-Dec-2023
OCI - Documents Printing Status : Processed on 19-Jan-2024
OCI - Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) New Delhi:
OCI - Document received At Toronto:
BLS - Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping :

Date Of Acknowledgment15-DEC-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn19-JAN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

NOTE: Updated in the tracker (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8SgwxDg_XelPc4vY0YEAQ8aWH0bCHIoiSBLj0huHtc/edit#gid=0) too.

Thanks,
Andavarayan M (Andy)
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) updated Today.

OCI - Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) New Delhi: 22-Jan-2024
Received in Hand :

Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn22-JAN-2024

NOTE: Updated in the tracker (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8SgwxDg_XelPc4vY0YEAQ8aWH0bCHIoiSBLj0huHtc/edit#gid=0) too.

Thanks,
Andavarayan M (Andy)

Reactions: forw.jane

Rohit_Alg

Nov 12, 2018
Hi All,

For OCI minor, which original documents are required to be sent with postal application? My son was born in Europe, his birth certificate has the required apostille stamp. Do I need to send original birth certificate?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All,

For OCI minor, which original documents are required to be sent with postal application? My son was born in Europe, his birth certificate has the required apostille stamp. Do I need to send original birth certificate?
I would not recommend you to send any original documents.
Only self attested documents that are required as per the checklist would be fine IMHO

SanalV

Jan 16, 2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) updated Today.

OCI - Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) New Delhi: 22-Jan-2024
Received in Hand :

Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn22-JAN-2024

Thanks,
Andavarayan M (Andy)
Its incredible to see the amount of delay in timelines. Not one individual is getting "in hand" in 8 weeks

Nidhi sareen

Jun 15, 2018
Category........
PNP
I called BLS Vancouver today as my status is still showing counter delivery to BLS after stamping, the person on line said it's not stamped yet and we don't know how long it will take. I don't know what to do should I wait or apply for evisa? My flight is on Saturday.

Thepc

Nov 17, 2018
I called BLS Vancouver today as my status is still showing counter delivery to BLS after stamping, the person on line said it's not stamped yet and we don't know how long it will take. I don't know what to do should I wait or apply for evisa? My flight is on Saturday.
e-Visa takes 24 Hours, calculate accordingly. If you don't get OCI by Thursday, apply for E-Visa