+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

antman88

Feb 16, 2022
Sorry for a stupid sounding question, but I'm not stupid I swear!

The online OCI application already has my photograph, I read somewhere on one of the threads that you don't need to submit a picture when you mail in the form by Purolator, but the checklist has photograph listed there. Since the checklist says original documents (passport etc.), but we dont have to submit the original when we're mailing the application, is this the same case for the picture as well?

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
If I get Canada passport, I am allowed to travel to India for 3 months on Indian passport right? Can I apply for OCI from FRRO in India?

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
If I get Canada passport, I am allowed to travel to India for 3 months on Indian passport right? Can I apply for OCI from FRRO in India?
Is this still a thing? It used to be when e-Visa was suspended. Doesn't e-Visa make it easy just using Canadian passport?

hrnan

May 20, 2014
Hi Folks,
I have submitted my OCI application on Apr 3 2023.
Date Of Acknowledgment11-APR-2023
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn02-MAY-2023

But for past 1 week , this is the status :
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

When do you think the OCI will be delivered ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Folks,
I have submitted my OCI application on Apr 3 2023.
Date Of Acknowledgment11-APR-2023
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn02-MAY-2023

But for past 1 week , this is the status :
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

When do you think the OCI will be delivered ?
In about 1 to 2 weeks max.

Reactions: hrnan

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
For BLS Appointment, does showing the email received for the appt on phone suffice, or do I need to take a print only? Just asking to make sure there is no fuss/delay when dealing with the BLS staff.

eparker42

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
For BLS Appointment, does showing the email received for the appt on phone suffice, or do I need to take a print only? Just asking to make sure there is no fuss/delay when dealing with the BLS staff.
Depends on the guard that is on duty that day. Recommend to take the print out though.

senshi

May 8, 2023
Sorry for a stupid sounding question, but I'm not stupid I swear!

The online OCI application already has my photograph, I read somewhere on one of the threads that you don't need to submit a picture when you mail in the form by Purolator, but the checklist has photograph listed there. Since the checklist says original documents (passport etc.), but we dont have to submit the original when we're mailing the application, is this the same case for the picture as well?
You do need to send the photograph. I have completed three OCI and received them via postal applications and all the time I had to send original documents for verification. Even the Purolator charges for 3 packages when booking for OCI via BLS. They do send back the originals via the first drop off usually after two weeks after you send in your OCI application. The second dropoff will be your OCI passport. Pls verify again about not sending the originals.