+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ScaredCat587

May 13, 2024
Hi all,
I realized late that the copies I submitted to BLS with my OCI application were not self-attested (similar to the copies uploaded on the portal). The BLS representative reviewed all the copies and didn't say anything was missing, noted they were good and processed my payment. Has anyone had their application rejected because of this? Or would the consulate reach out to get additional documents that are self-attested? Appreciate any assistance!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi all,
I realized late that the copies I submitted to BLS with my OCI application were not self-attested (similar to the copies uploaded on the portal). The BLS representative reviewed all the copies and didn't say anything was missing, noted they were good and processed my payment. Has anyone had their application rejected because of this? Or would the consulate reach out to get additional documents that are self-attested? Appreciate any assistance!
BLS should have caught it. Thats the only work they have to do. Wait for update from consulate. They email in case of any issue.

hsingh90

Jan 30, 2024
Does anybody know how long the Vancouver consulate takes to process the OCI application? I've been waiting for OCI for almost 2.5 months now.

My timeline is as follows:

Application sent through Purolator from Calgary to Surrey BLS: Feb 29
Application Delivered: March 1
Call from BLS Surrey for an extra document required: March 12
Document provided: March 12
Acknowledged by BLS: March 13
Acknowledged by Vancouver Consulate: March 19

So far, the OCI tracker still shows Under process.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Does anybody know how long the Vancouver consulate takes to process the OCI application? I've been waiting for OCI for almost 2.5 months now.

My timeline is as follows:

Application sent through Purolator from Calgary to Surrey BLS: Feb 29
Application Delivered: March 1
Call from BLS Surrey for an extra document required: March 12
Document provided: March 12
Acknowledged by BLS: March 13
Acknowledged by Vancouver Consulate: March 19

So far, the OCI tracker still shows Under process.
It's been 8 weeks from Mar 12 and processing time is 11-14 weeks for Vancouver. So and of this month or early next month you should have it.

Reactions: hsingh90

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
So I’m looking at the OCI process, what did you guys provide as employment letter or proof? I‘m not self employed but contracted so they won’t provide me employment proof on the company letter head.

kamransharif92

Feb 21, 2017
Hello,
I have applied for OCI on Feb 24st, 2024 and acknowledgement on March 05st, 2024. The mission is Vancouver and it’s almost 10+ weeks and still the application says Under process. Kind of confused on application, is anyone on the same boat.please let me know.
Hi,

I applied on Feb 2nd and acknowledged on feb 10th, still under process.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey guys.. I’ve an upcoming appointment at bls brampton this Thursday.
After following many posts, I’ve come to to conclusion of uploading 5 docs original without attestation:
1) Canadian pass 2)employment letter 3)Indian passport/surrender certi 4)marriage certi. 5)spouse passport.

please confirm if I’m not missing any doc to upload.
Further, I was hoping to pay by debit at appointment for the whole amount, but one of my friends told me the consulate fee has to be on demand draft rest you can pay by debit.
is that true?
Please double, triple check the application you have created on the OCI website and use this sample form as a example to update the application https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
e.g. common pitfalls
- Marriage Date - Should it be the actual wedding date or the date of the registration of the marriage ? I would suggest you to mention "date of the registration of the marriage"
- Place of Birth - As per Canadian Passport. If it is Delhi then you should mention Delhi, if it is New Delhi you should mention New Delhi

Docs for Adults: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10335797
Docs for Kids: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10374728

When you submit the application to BLS along with the above (for kids), you need to include the NOC which has to be signed by both parent and there photographs have to be attached. If you are submitting it to BLS in person carry all the originals...

You have to carry all originals along with the self attested copies of the documents you have to submit to BLS.
Payment for OCI has to be done in 2 ways
- Demand Draft/Money Order in the name of - Consulate General of India, Toronto for $376
- Payment to BLS can be made using debit card or exact change

Last edited:

noqluu

Oct 17, 2023
Hi guys,

Fresh OCI application.

Q1 -
I have a digital copy of a photograph but I do not have a physical copies. I was planning to use BLS service for photograph.
Do I still upload a photo and a signature in OCI application? If I upload a photo and a sign, they would be printed on the application form in the end. Will BLS ask for the same photo that I uploaded during the application or they will accept a new/different photo taken at BLS Center?

Q2 -

What do I put in occupation? I'm an Engineer which is not listed, so do I put Professional or Private Service? Also, do I need to put Company name in the form?

Q3 -
My DL has address written as "## XXXX XXXX Rd, UN####, City, ON" Do I make Rd, UN, and ON full? like Road, Unit, and Ontario? Or write as is on DL? Do they pick on this?

Q4 -
Demand Draft,

BLS Website says make DD in favor of "The Consulate General of India - Toronto"
Consulate General of India Website says make DD in favor of "Consulate General of India, Toronto"

Which one should be written on the DD? I know they don't want any error, but in which one?

Please let me know ASAP. Appreciate your input in advance.

Thanks!

Last edited:

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi guys.. quick question. I am trying to book an appointment for my child's OCI and the pop up on the appointment booking page says "For application of Minor applicants Both Parents need to accompany.". Can someone confirm if both parents and the child has to go to bls Brampton to apply for their child's OCI recently? Or can it be both parents without the child? Or just the one parent (me)? My baby is a month old and it will be highly inconvenient to take the mother and/or child to BLS.

Last edited: