Access to information and privacy.

Check this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/requests-atip.asp

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its a shame how the system works...
I regularly request my ATIP and the only thing updated is revision of my background Checks...
My file was sitting on a shelf (the same shelf) for 25 Months collecting dust...

in the 2nd RQ they asked for the CBSA + OHIP records as they forgot to ask for this information in the 1st Request

Moe... said:
Hi daktrader,

I read your timeline. So sorry to know they are giving you such a hard time.

Did you request for ATIP to know whats going on? Why did they sent you RQ two times after the Test?

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daktrader I do really appreciate the amount of patience you have........for such a long wait....

daktrader said:
Its a shame how the system works...
I regularly request my ATIP and the only thing updated is revision of my background Checks...
My file was sitting on a shelf (the same shelf) for 25 Months collecting dust...

in the 2nd RQ they asked for the CBSA + OHIP records as they forgot to ask for this information in the 1st Request

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks!
I hope no one else has to go through this process ever...

BalajiR said:
Daktrader I do really appreciate the amount of patience you have........for such a long wait....

rk3

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi daktrader,

Does several ATIP requests trigger any processing delay?

I requested 1 in Jan2014 and then in Feb2014.

Inbetweent he 2 I had my test, and last night I compared both side to side.

Basically they revised my trips as originally declared v/s the one in RQ. There was a slight difference but still above 1095 days.

Majorly, the big chnge was that new latest ATIp showed Judge's Decision as Approved (Changed from pending) 4 days after the test, Granter's Decision as Granted (Changed from pending) , and Hearing as not Required (changed from Pending).

I see everything ahead and behind me have already got Oath letters.. Do you see any reason behind that I cannot see?

Also my check expire May22nd, so I guess once that threshold is passed, ne ones will be required taking additonal 2-3 months

My entire time line is:
Applied May2012
in Process March 2013
RQ May2013
Test Feb2014
now waiting in Hamilton

daktrader said:
Thanks!
I hope no one else has to go through this process ever...

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RK3: How long between the requested date and the ATIP receive date for the latest one?

rk3 said:
Hi daktrader,

Basically they revised my trips as originally declared v/s the one in RQ. There was a slight difference but still above 1095 days.

Majorly, the big chnge was that new latest ATIp showed Judge's Decision as Approved (Changed from pending) 4 days after the test, Granter's Decision as Granted (Changed from pending) , and Hearing as not Required (changed from Pending).

I see everything ahead and behind me have already got Oath letters.. Do you see any reason behind that I cannot see?

Also my check expire May22nd, so I guess once that threshold is passed, ne ones will be required taking additonal 2-3 months

My entire time line is:
Applied May2012
in Process March 2013
RQ May2013
Test Feb2014
now waiting in Hamilton

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi rk3,

1) you can request ask many ATIPs as you need...there is no limit on it and its doesnt trigger anything (-)'ve.
2) Looking at your notes below...Approved/Granted/Not Required : These are all good signs, as you application has reached its final stage.
3) you should expect the Oath date soon (perhaps before your checks expire)...if not then the CIC will have to renew your checks and schedule you then.
4) Just be patient as you are almost there..its just a matter to fit you in the Ceremony schedule.

Wish you the very best!
Keep us all posted.

rk3 said:
Hi daktrader,

My entire time line is:
Applied May2012
in Process March 2013
RQ May2013
Test Feb2014
now waiting in Hamilton

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rk3 said:
Hi daktrader,

My entire time line is:
Applied May2012
in Process March 2013
RQ May2013
Test Feb2014
now waiting in Hamilton
Did you took your test at Hamilton, or at St. Clair. If you took it at St. Clair there are a lot of applicants from the beginning of February still waiting the oath letter. I don't think you have to worry. The letters will com soon.

F.H

Mar 15, 2013
Hi! rk3. I think the delay should be because of one of your family member whose file will still be in process. this is my guess, same thing is happening to me. One of my child's background check is still pending and causing the delay for the whole family of six.

penpoint

Apr 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rk3 said:
Hi daktrader,

My entire time line is:
Applied May2012
in Process March 2013
RQ May2013
Test Feb2014
now waiting in Hamilton
Hi rk3

Have you ever tried to call the CIC's call center to compare what they are saying or what they have with the ATIP information?

sch

Mar 15, 2014
CIC just released:

More than 3,200 became canadian citizen during past month in Scarborough, and still lots of people from St. Clair office are waiting for their oath ceremony !

rk3

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
penpoint said:
Hi rk3

Have you ever tried to call the CIC's call center to compare what they are saying or what they have with the ATIP information?
Hi Penpoint,

I have called them several times, and like everyone's experience the response is different everytime. Anyhow, there was just once that a call centre agent picked up the phone and soon after I told her my details, looked in the system for a few minutes and started by saying that the case is approved and we should wait for ceremony-which could be any time within 6 months from the date it was approved (not from the date I tested).

So I am assuming the approval remarks are in the file, just that some agents may go deep thru the pages and pages of info while many other may not.

To my shock, the most recent call, the agent said that the RQ still needs to be reviewed. so again comes to the point as to whom to believe v/s whom not to. And I choose not to believe the agent then.

I would leave myself in more of peace of mind by trusting the ATIP cause that is the only thing that does not change everytime I look at it :))) The same piece of paper, the same info..

I am getting to a point to figure out that there are more important things in life to take care of. Citizenship is just a matter of when it will happen. If my assumption is correct, then I should get it within 2-3 months. Have waited for 24 months already, can surely wait for 2 more months.

Gotta move on!