+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Tbb

Mar 18, 2014
I totally understand everyone’s frustration and protesting sounds like a good idea; however, for someone like me who has only been in the system for 14 months since initial application it would be pointless. It is 24 months for regular application and 36 for non-standard. If you can get a large group who has passed 36 months then you would have a very strong case.

Ricbin

Jun 12, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am new member of this forum and would appreciate and if any one of you can provide some guidance regarding my citizenship application.

When i was new in Canada, i worked in many temporary jobs (like a restaurant cashier for 2 months). There is a section 6F in the application which states that you must provide photocopies of your work records. I am not able to get records from some of my ex-employers as they have shut down their businesses. Can any one please provide some guidance on this?

Thanks!

Kakaji

Jan 23, 2014
Tbb said:
I totally understand everyone's frustration and protesting sounds like a good idea; however, for someone like me who has only been in the system for 14 months since initial application it would be pointless. It is 24 months for regular application and 36 for non-standard. If you can get a large group who has passed 36 months then you would have a very strong case.
Agreed. Applicants who have been waiting for more than the CIC stipulated time (24 or 36 months) should think about it.

comestai

Mar 6, 2014
Count on 24 months for Routine Application regardless to your test date. If some one got the oath letter within one month of their test than thats CIC's decision. If your application received in September 2012 and you had your test in Feb or March 2014, than you need to wait till September 2014 before any frustration is expressed on CIC. Have some patience guys, one day you will definitely going to receive the letter.

Mine Test passed on Feb 12th.

Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kakaji said:
Agreed. Applicants who have been waiting for more than the CIC stipulated time (24 or 36 months) should think about it.
I disagree. We shall not wait until the end of 36 months to take some action.
I was told when I passed my exam it will take two weeks! Now they r saying it may take upto 36 months!!
We did anything wrong or cheated the system so why are they holding back our Oath date, let alone test marks are not even in the system!?! My file is still at St Clair's since Feb 10th

I am contacting a journalist to highlight this topic and ask them if not doing anything is what they call the "Standard Procedure"

I know so many people who applied way after me and they got the citizenship. If we dont take a stand now and together, trust me our files will stay under the dust. They know our cases are not that of priority and they wont do anything about it! Unless we ask them to make a move.

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

did anybody ordered ATIP report after test? this question is for February test takers?

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
bogazici10 said:
hi guys,

did anybody ordered ATIP report after test? this question is for February test takers?
I have, but still havnt received the report! Also I am told some background check(s) are expiring May 1st and need to be redone. Thankfully its not csis as they are valid for 5 years.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
bogazici10 said:
how do you your background check is still valid or not?
it is difficult to just ask things from these call center reps as they are not consistent. you just have to hope they will tell you literally! in my case they told me.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
I agree with 'stand4urright going to media is a good idea.. we should start another topic and see how many have passed their 36 months standard timeline.

kaylink

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
For the last two month, the agents from CIC call centre have been telling me that everything set already, I would get the oath letter any moment from that time. So a long waiting actually killing me every moment. Besides, they confirmed me that the officer took my interview he delivered wrong information about 3 month waiting time for the oath letter, now they told it is 6 month. SO WHOM SHOULD I BELIEVE ???????

However, today I order for ATIP - so after after a week or latter i will be informed about my file position. Actually I am planing to go abroad to see my back home family.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not relying on the CIC call centre. I requested for ATIP last week and will hopefully have it in 2-3 weeks. That would be more accurate. I wrote my test on 24th Feb 2014 at St. Claire. My local office is Scarborough. I'm hoping I'll have my oath invite before I get my ATIP.

bogazici10 said:
hi guys,

examinfeb

Apr 14, 2014
----------------------------
You can order it as many times as you wish; and has no (-)'ve impact...Its a good 'Nudge' for the CIC in the case if your application falls dormant.
It is your right as a resident/citizen of Canada under the 'Privacy Act' to get any Govt information/record that pertains to you, and is free of charge.
---------------------------------
Agree. As a Feb 12 test taker, I will order mine at end of May as I was told "if you dont get anything in 3-4 months, call us"....then every three months thereafter (hope not too many times!).

[/quote]