+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DaRulz said:
If only 20 of us would gather and stand in front of a CIC office, media will come and our voice will be heard. Forget about call center or posting in a forum.
I am in too

Lets wait until the end of the month! If nothing happens this week, we should gather!

Kakaji

Jan 23, 2014
DaRulz said:
If only 20 of us would gather and stand in front of a CIC office, media will come and our voice will be heard. Forget about call center or posting in a forum.
I am in too. I suggest 1 day hunger strike !

upset

Apr 26, 2014
Dear friends,

I am in for doing something about it, because if you look at this issue from all angles it is not right. We paid them to be treated like that? How about our feelings to be Canadian while they treat us as outcasts? As I posted before: for me it is not about citizenship now but principles. Someone should be responsible for our sufferings and their wrongdoings. Why they should receive "awards" for not doing their job?

Now about what should we do. I do not think that picketing is a potent way of changing things because, as I posted before, they can easily defend by saying It is standard procedure. Because of that we need somehow to show that IT IS NOT A STANDARD PROCEDURE! For these reasons going to the media with a group and telling our stories will be much beneficial. Or even blogging about it. We could easily point at inefficiencies and waste of money. Tell our stories: for example, CIC behavior ruined my job & travel plans, and cost me a lot of money, let alone that we could not visit our ailing parents! This is because they said first that we will be invited in 2 or max 3 month, later they said it could take up to 6 month and now they said it could take up to 36 month from starting application process.

We should do that not only for our own benefit but for those who might encounter these injustices later.

upset

Apr 26, 2014
For those who saw success stories of those who received invitation in March and decide to patiently wait.

Do not be deceived by that. Those who were receiving in March were lucky people because CIC needed to show better numbers because their fiscal & reporting year ended in March and they needed to justify 44 millions they received to reduce backlog. So now they will be relaxing and nothing press them to do what they suppose to do. So be prepared to wait up to 36 month.

I wish all of you that this nightmare will end very soon. You deserve to be Canadians and be treated with dignity!

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am requesting ATIP/Privacy Notes from CIC today. I want to receive both Electronic and Physical files. So, I'd have to submit two requests, right?

Because you can only choose either electronic or physical (not both) under Privacy Act / ATIP form. So, I think I'll have to fill out the form once with electronic file
and then another time to request physical files?

Has anyone else here ordered both Electronic and Physical Files? Was it helpful? Did you find out something that call-center wasn't able to tell you?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have ordered both in the past...

The electronic one is more detailed as it records all activities since the applicate date.
The physical file will include all the papers you submitted to the CIC and their notes (if any) in Pen by a CO on your application (Did not find this very helpful)
I would suggest to keep a spread of 40 days between requesting each file...as it may create confusion to the CIC if there is an overlap of requests made.

Good Luck!

Chrysss said:
I am requesting ATIP/Privacy Notes from CIC today. I want to receive both Electronic and Physical files. So, I'd have to submit two requests, right?

Because you can only choose either electronic or physical (not both) under Privacy Act / ATIP form. So, I think I'll have to fill out the form once with electronic file
and then another time to request physical files?

Has anyone else here ordered both Electronic and Physical Files? Was it helpful? Did you find out something that call-center wasn't able to tell you?

rk3

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daktrader said:
I have ordered both in the past...

The electronic one is more detailed as it records all activities since the applicate date.
The physical file will include all the papers you submitted to the CIC and their notes (if any) in Pen by a CO on your application (Did not find this very helpful)
I would suggest to keep a spread of 40 days between requesting each file...as it may create confusion to the CIC if there is an overlap of requests made.

Good Luck!
Does it matter to CIC if you request ATIP more than a few times? Is that perceived in a negative way?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can order it as many times as you wish; and has no (-)'ve impact...Its a good 'Nudge' for the CIC in the case if your application falls dormant.
It is your right as a resident/citizen of Canada under the 'Privacy Act' to get any Govt information/record that pertains to you, and is free of charge...

rk3 said:
Does it matter to CIC if you request ATIP more than a few times? Is that perceived in a negative way?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
//atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Order under the 'Privacy Act'
Use your Client ID #

cherrychen514 said:
Is anyone can tell me how to order ATIP? THANKS!

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is this for real?
Anyone has planned this?

Been waiting for CTzenship since 2012 Feb.

Kakaji said:
I am in too. I suggest 1 day hunger strike !

Kakaji

Jan 23, 2014
negmeg said:
Is this for real?
Anyone has planned this?

Been waiting for CTzenship since 2012 Feb.
It could be real. We need to mobilize people affected by RQ and they have to agree on it. Time to bring out the RQ nonsense and the injustice in front of the CIC. I think Gandhian way is the way forward.