+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

WeirdFishes

Nov 26, 2013
Hi everyone,

I've received my oath letter yesterday. Oath will be on 01 April. No RQ before/after the test.
This is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 24, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 24, 2014.
We started processing your application on April 23, 2014.
We sent you a notice on November 3, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 17, 2014

I hope everyone else will receive their's soon.
Good Luck!!!

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
WeirdFishes said:
Hi everyone,

I've received my oath letter yesterday. Oath will be on 01 April. No RQ before/after the test.
This is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 24, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 24, 2014.
We started processing your application on April 23, 2014.
We sent you a notice on November 3, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 17, 2014

I hope everyone else will receive their's soon.
Good Luck!!!
Your timeline is quasi-identical to mine! Hoping to get the letter in the mail soon!

twinnings

Nov 24, 2014
I'll disagree with the person who told you to wait on your trip.

Go out and live your life. If you have to change your trip it's a few hundred bucks, minor to putting your life on hold.

I've been in the citizenship process for almost three years. Don't arrange your life around their unpredictable timelines. When you get something definite from them, that's when you can start planning on their deadlines.

laika said:
Hello all!

Anyone who did the test in Montreal in December or January has received Oath?

I am planning a trip end of May, and don't know if I should wait....

I did the test January 20th and the agent said she accepted my application. No news since....

Thanks!

laika

Star Member
Feb 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had the oath ceremony today, so yeah I will be able to travel in May! Thanks for your suggestion though! Good luck to you!

2B or NOT 2B

Nov 27, 2014
HI ,

Any updates from ur side ??

We have almost the same timeline..

Q:Is ur office is in Montreal?

Ur reply is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

paulcanada74

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WHO'S Dear????

what's ur timeline??

2B or NOT 2B said:
HI ,

Any updates from ur side ??

We have almost the same timeline..

Q:Is ur office is in Montreal?

Ur reply is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

2B or NOT 2B

Nov 27, 2014
Oops my mistake ..

Here is my timeline:
Applied in sep 2012
In Process March 2013
RQ Received in sep 2013 ,Replied in Sep With aloooooooooot of docs to support my file
Test in March 2014 (Passed the test)

Since then ( ) , and since then Just silence ,I have called several times but every time different answers
Ordered atip Last year and my last update was in April 2014( Hearing Required )...
So When it will be only God knows :-\ :( :-\ :( :-\ :(

addu123

Oct 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
Sorry to hear about your case. Do you know the reason why they will call you for hearing, did you travel a lot??

I am also waiting for the oath ceremony even though my case is simple not much travel I don't know if I will also be called for hearing. I hope not but I am preparing for the worst.

2B or NOT 2B said:
Oops my mistake ..

Here is my timeline:
Applied in sep 2012
In Process March 2013
RQ Received in sep 2013 ,Replied in Sep With aloooooooooot of docs to support my file

Since then ( ) , and since then Just silence ,I have called several times but every time different answers
Ordered atip Last year and my last update was in April 2014( Hearing Required )...

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
2B or NOT 2B said:
Oops my mistake ..

Here is my timeline:
Applied in sep 2012
In Process March 2013

me and you same . me applied june of 2012 and passed test 6 of march 2014

backinorang

May 25, 2014
First time posting in this forum:

Application received: July 31st, 2014
Started Processing : September 23rd, 2014
Test invite mailed in: March 27th, 2015
Test date : April 21st, 2015
Oath ceremony: April 21st, 205 (additional letter in the same envelope to let me know that the oath ceremony is on the same day as the test !)

ECAS has been upated with all this information

anish_s

Jan 20, 2010
Dear 2B or not 2B

I am in Exact situation and same timeline as you
Applied in Nov 2012 from Montreal
RQ in Sept 2013
Test passed in feb 2014 and ATIP status "hearing required" as of April 2014

Only recently received request for additional documents CIT 0520, which I provided last week
(This request does not show up on the cic website i.e. ecas)

Now, some more amount of waiting :)
Any one else in receipt if CIT 0520 a.k.a mini RQ? What was the timeline for hearing/decision after providing the additional documentation.

Regards,

2B or NOT 2B said:
Oops my mistake ..

Here is my timeline:
Applied in sep 2012
In Process March 2013

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks,

I did my test yesterday on the 9th of april, officer told me to wait 2-3 months for the oath letter. What is the average time to wait now?
I know this depends on personal case, so I appreciate any guesses or information.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone.

addu123

Oct 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
The CIC official told me it could take upto six months but expect something in 5 to 6 weeks. I already am past 2.5 months and unfortuntely no news after the test. It looks like my case will head for hearing and further delay.

Your case looks simple so you May hear something withing 3 months. Good luck.

jrjayl said:
Hi folks,

I did my test yesterday on the 9th of april, officer told me to wait 2-3 months for the oath letter. What is the average time to wait now?
I know this depends on personal case, so I appreciate any guesses or information.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
addu123 said:
The CIC official told me it could take upto six months but expect something in 5 to 6 weeks. I already am past 2.5 months and unfortuntely no news after the test. It looks like my case will head for hearing and further delay.

Your case looks simple so you May hear something withing 3 months. Good luck.
Thanks man, good luck to you as well.