+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath outside Canada

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hello,

i have serious health issues . I’m currently in Canada but I need to go back home ASAP cause it’s an emergency . I don’t want to risk staying here and smthg really bad happens to me . Can I do the oath outside Canada ? My oath is in 3 weeks . I feel heartbroken to give up at this stage :(
Thanks for the help !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

i have serious health issues . I’m currently in Canada but I need to go back home ASAP cause it’s an emergency . I don’t want to risk staying here and smthg really bad happens to me . Can I do the oath outside Canada ? My oath is in 3 weeks . I feel heartbroken to give up at this stage :(
Thanks for the help !
None of us can tell you. It will be up to IRCC if they allow you take the oath outside of Canada or not.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hello,

Thanks for the help !
As per Scylla's reply it's entirely upto IRCC in regards to what they will or won't allow. Send them an email asap, especially because your oath is so close....obviously I'm not asking you to divulge your personal information but is there 'zero' chance you can stick it out for the 3 weeks and perhaps then fly away and get your citizenship cert emailed to where you are based at the time?

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
As per Scylla's reply it's entirely upto IRCC in regards to what they will or won't allow. Send them an email asap, especially because your oath is so close....obviously I'm not asking you to divulge your personal information but is there 'zero' chance you can stick it out for the 3 weeks and perhaps then fly away and get your citizenship cert emailed to where you are based at the time?
Can I do that ? Can I get my certificate mailed to me to my home country ? And can I get a passport from my home country ? I think the embassy in my home country doesn’t give passports :(
Thanks

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Can I do that ? Can I get my certificate mailed to me to my home country ? And can I get a passport from my home country ? I think the embassy in my home country doesn’t give passports :(
Thanks
You could get someone to mail your certificate to you.....as for the passport well certain embassies are able to perform the action, have you checked online? I understand and appreciate that you need help and assistance and also don't know what's happening in your personal life, but please try and least do some research yourself as it'll help in the long run and get the answers from here to simply fill in the gaps and not look to this forum as the fountain of all knowledge even though yes many of us can give you our stories...but again they are simply 'our' stories and not 'yours'

Reactions: callmebyyourname

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
You could get someone to mail your certificate to you.....as for the passport well certain embassies are able to perform the action, have you checked online? I understand and appreciate that you need help and assistance and also don't know what's happening in your personal life, but please try and least do some research yourself as it'll help in the long run and get the answers from here to simply fill in the gaps and not look to this forum as the fountain of all knowledge even though yes many of us can give you our stories...but again they are simply 'our' stories and not 'yours'
Okay thank you ! I emailed the embassy in my country to ask if I can get the passport from there .

yeezee

Aug 23, 2019
Just to report my data point here: I could not return to Canada for the oath (zoom) due to some reasons. I wrote emails to IRCC according to the oath invitation email several times but could not get a reply.

Today I called in to the oath zoom meeting (tips: have a canadian vpn ready, zoom blocks non-canadian IP address), and explained my situation to the officer and gave the expected return time window (some weeks in August). The officer took notes about my situation and rescheduling time window on their "excel sheet" and let me leave the meeting. The officer also explained that summer vacations may be the reason why my office did not reply to my emails.

Hope this fresh data point help!

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Just to report my data point here: I could not return to Canada for the oath (zoom) due to some reasons. I wrote emails to IRCC according to the oath invitation email several times but could not get a reply.

Today I called in to the oath zoom meeting (tips: have a canadian vpn ready, zoom blocks non-canadian IP address), and explained my situation to the officer and gave the expected return time window (some weeks in August). The officer took notes about my situation and rescheduling time window on their "excel sheet" and let me leave the meeting. The officer also explained that summer vacations may be the reason why my office did not reply to my emails.

Okay thank you so much ! I’m gonna do my best to wait until my oath ! I have 2 weeks left :( I don’t want to reschedule right now :( I hope I can get my passport from my country as I’m having health issues :(

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016

Is there a way to get urgent certificate or to pick it up ? I’ve seen some people who were able to pick up their certificate .

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Is there a way to get urgent certificate or to pick it up ? I’ve seen some people who were able to pick up their certificate .
Only if when they ask have you got any travel planned you say 'yes' and let them know when....they can expedite the certificate....not sure if that means faster delivery or you can pick it up in person

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Only if when they ask have you got any travel planned you say 'yes' and let them know when....they can expedite the certificate....not sure if that means faster delivery or you can pick it up in person
I read someone posted Todsy on fb that if you’re travelling within 1 month then make you reschedule your oath :( I really don’t want to reschedule .

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
I read someone posted Todsy on fb that if you’re travelling within 1 month then make you reschedule your oath :( I really don’t want to reschedule .
Certainly not to my knowledge, but why don't you get someone to forward you the citizenship cert to you afterwards?

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Certainly not to my knowledge, but why don't you get someone to forward you the citizenship cert to you afterwards?
Is it safe ? I just don’t want to lose it then I’ll be in trouble . Can they send it from Canada to Morocco ?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Is it safe ? I just don’t want to lose it then I’ll be in trouble . Can they send it from Canada to Morocco ?
IRCC won't send it to Morocco as you're doing your oath in Canada as it seems but you could get a friend to forward it on to you via courier to Morocco