+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

oath letter for children 8 years old

tigerskk

Mar 2, 2015
i got oath letter for me, my wife and children 5 & 8 years old. do children need to go and take oath.

If not, then how i can get children citizenship certificates. any comments please

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I was told during my interview (after I asked about it) that my son (who's under 18) will get his oath invitation along with mine. And he has to be there,he has to attend the citizenship ceremony with me,otherwise,he will NOT get his citizenship certificate. ;) ;) That's what I was told. Hope that helps.
Congratulations BTW :) :)

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
tigerskk said:
i got oath letter for me, my wife and children 5 & 8 years old. do children need to go and take oath.

If not, then how i can get children citizenship certificates. any comments please

Yes, your children required to attend the Oath ceremony,
carry all the required doc's certificate of landing, passports and PR cards.

CIC take away the PR cards and issue you the Citizenship Certificate same time.

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:

Yes, your children required to attend the Oath ceremony,
carry all the required doc's certificate of landing, passports and PR cards.

CIC take away the PR cards and issue you the Citizenship Certificate same time.
In January 2015, my wife appeared for oath. Two kids 8 and 6 were at school and did not accompany to the ceremony. She was handed over the citizenship certificate of the kids too.

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tigerskk said:

No you do not need to take your 8 yrs old kids if kids is older then 14 yrs then he/she must go, but they encourage everyone to take all relatives and friend at that time. On cic site is very clear that "Taking the Oath of Citizenship is the final legal requirement that grant applicants who are 14 years of age or older must meet in order to become Canadian citizens." thanks.

Buddha1906

Nov 12, 2015
my daughter is 12 and she also received a letter to take the oath. when we went there the officer said she can take the oath and even went to the judge to get her certificate.

pan1234 said:
No you do not need to take your 8 yrs old kids if kids is older then 14 yrs then he/she must go, but they encourage everyone to take all relatives and friend at that time. On cic site is very clear that "Taking the Oath of Citizenship is the final legal requirement that grant applicants who are 14 years of age or older must meet in order to become Canadian citizens." thanks.