+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NURSE Open work permit

Silvinagb

Dec 15, 2020
Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this. On September my husband applied for a work visa (he has a 2 years contract) and a open work visa for me. I a nurse and I already started (1year ago) all the process to get the permission to work there as a nurse. On May I got a letter from the Immigration, Diversite et inclusion, from Quebec, about the Studies comparative evaluation. My title is accepted in Quebec. We didn't attach it to the application, I only wrote a letter with the reasons why I want to travel with my husband and why I want an open work permit.
Do you I should send them it in order to prove them that I am a nurse or maybe is not a good idea because I did it before? Help!

Silvinagb

Dec 15, 2020
Thank you. No, not yet from the OIIQ. I'm also waiting for their answer. I only got the Studies comparative evaluation from immigration Quebec.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. No, not yet from the OIIQ. I'm also waiting for their answer. I only got the Studies comparative evaluation from immigration Quebec.
You can include it but licensing shows that you can practice nursing. You need to do language tests, exams etc. Are you bilingual?

Silvinagb

Dec 15, 2020
Yes, I know. I just wondering it in order to get de Visa. If it gives any "points". I speak Spanish, English and Hebrew. I was studying French but then with our dear Covid I didn't continue.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I know. I just wondering it in order to get de Visa. If it gives any "points". I speak Spanish, English and Hebrew. I was studying French but then with our dear Covid I didn't continue.
It doesn’t give you points as you are applying for an open work permit. But you can submit if you want.