+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
You need to hire a lawyer.
What happens if your mandamus application fails? Remember you have one lawyer and they have hundreds of them. You still have a citizenship app after becoming a pr.
Delays can be caused by some vague issues in your case which require in-depth examinations. When you take someone to court, their lawyers will put your case under microscope and suddenly many more vague issues will arise which would require in depth examinations. The additional quantity of vague issues will only convince the court on the need for further examinations which again only delays your case and turns your life to a court battle. The real question is why cases are delayed and what is the objective? Is it because they are afraid of granting pr to a complicated application? Or to leave it up to the applicant to self deport themselves? Or to set an example to discourage similar applicants... or is it just lack of resources? Maybe the time spent on such applications could be used to process more simpler applications? Without knowing the underlying reason, simply filing a mandamus can have unintended consequences.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
What happens if your mandamus application fails? Remember you have one lawyer and they have hundreds of them. You still have a citizenship app after becoming a pr.
Delays can be caused by some vague issues in your case which require in-depth examinations. When you take someone to court, their lawyers will put your case under microscope and suddenly many more vague issues will arise which would require in depth examinations. The additional quantity of vague issues will only convince the court on the need for further examinations which again only delays your case and turns your life to a court battle. The real question is why cases are delayed and what is the objective? Is it because they are afraid of granting pr to a complicated application? Or to leave it up to the applicant to self deport themselves? Or to set an example to discourage similar applicants... or is it just lack of resources? Maybe the time spent on such applications could be used to process more simpler applications? Without knowing the underlying reason, simply filing a mandamus can have unintended consequences.
If your file is a routine file, usually you will get PPR before court since court process is also expensive and time consuming for IRCC. They receive a very high number of Mandamus files and they usually they solve the issue before the court unless your case is complicated. Many people use this when they are facing significant delays. If you are very lucky you will get something from your EE application because most likely they send you file for SS since your other application is in SS. Many people in EE are waiting more than a year. Just check the Express Entry froum.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Not expensive at all if you want to spend 3000 on EE. Mandamus has 3 steps and each step has different cost but the whole process can be done between 3000-6000 depending on your lawyer. Consult a lawyer because at the end of the day if your EE also stuck in SS, you need to do the same thing.
ok, good to know. Thanks!

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
If your file is a routine file, usually you will get PPR before court since court process is also expensive and time consuming for IRCC. They receive a very high number of Mandamus files and they usually they solve the issue before the court unless your case is complicated. Many people use this when they are facing significant delays. If you are very lucky you will get something from your EE application because most likely they send you file for SS since your other application is in SS. Many people in EE are waiting more than a year. Just check the Express Entry froum.
I agree. According to my note, I can tell all my histroy is in the note. There is no isolated information between different application. Since I am in SS in PNP, there is no reason I won't be in SS in EE.

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
It is also important to recognize that express entry has lots more resources than the paper based streams. It is the main engine which generates the stats they need each year. There must be more "expert officers" available to review the cbsa report and make a decision on the application in ee than in the paper based application streams. Cbsa sent the response to ircc back after 4 months in my case. Now ircc paperbased stream doesn't have adequate number of expert officers to review the report and make a determination for the path forward. My ee application is not going to initiate the whole ss process all over again. Even it does the response will be sent back to ircc fairly quickly. The bottleneck is the number of backlogs at ircc and the number of expert officers. This bottleneck is less sever in the EE stream.

SERAPH_WAITingForPPR

Oct 17, 2017
Wondering if I get PPR before court. How much do I need to pay for the lawyer?

harrypotte424

Nov 4, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
Reminder Email: 19-July-2016
AOR Received.
10-March-2016
Med's Request
2 Nov 2016
Med's Done....
15-Nov-2016
Passport Req..
19 October 2017
It doesnt cost 3000. I applied express entry
Costs: IELTS= 309
Medical = 180
Processing fees+ rprf= 1040
TOTAL COST= 1529

My paper file got approved before express entry. I got RPRF BACK.
So I lost 1039 on express entry. I dont regret it.

Guys apply EE. ALL THESE SECURITY THINGS ARE UR ASSUMPTIONS.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Medical = 180
TOTAL COST= 1529

If you have a dependent then what?? lawyers do not charge for dependents and only charge per application No.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Medical = 180
TOTAL COST= 1529

Security screening is not an assumption if you order CIC, CSIS, and CBSA notes. You will clearly see that the last application activity is received by CBSA. Also, there is no advantage in SS for EE or PNP applicants. Yes probably it's faster after getting security but not before!!

SERAPH_WAITingForPPR

Oct 17, 2017
In my application status:
I just noticed mine is like this:
Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more
details.

Does this mean they need more document from me?

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

harrypotte424

Nov 4, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-March-2016
Med's Request
2 Nov 2016
Med's Done....
15-Nov-2016
Passport Req..
19 October 2017
Security screening is not an assumption if you order CIC, CSIS, and CBSA notes. You will clearly see that the last application activity is received by CBSA. Also, there is no advantage in SS for EE or PNP applicants. Yes probably it's faster after getting security but not before!!
all you do is discourage people...
crying in those forums will not do anything my friend... anyone has no idea how they work...
I have Iranian friend who applied in july 2015, didnt recieve anything...got pr in 4 months under EE...

harrypotte424

Nov 4, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-March-2016
Med's Request
2 Nov 2016
Med's Done....
15-Nov-2016
Passport Req..
19 October 2017
My updated Timeline

Single
App rec: 15 Dec 2015
AOR : 10 Mar2016
Med: 2 Nov 2016
Med done: 15 Nov 2016
Medical changed to PASSED: 26 November 2016
File location: In transit>>PV2 Inventory(19 jan2016) >> PV2 OFF REV(1 Feb)>>PACE(6 Sep 2016)
Decision made :19 Oct
PPR:20 Oct
Passport delivered:23 Oct
Approved in MyCIC: 14 NOV
STILL WAITING FOR RETURN TRACKER

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
In my application status:
I just noticed mine is like this:
Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more
details.

Does this mean they need more document from me?

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Have you received any message yet?