+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

SERAPH_WAITingForPPR

Oct 17, 2017
Wondering if we are the same group, and CBSA whoever processing our security check trigger this huge delay. The group info in my notes are wiped.

I ordered CBSA notes two weeks ago. I received this email last week, and I replied say I confirm I know this. Nothing after this.

Please be advised that the CBSA ATIP Division cannot provide information on security check results or status updates for Permanent Resident Applications. This information would be exempted from disclosure pursuant to section 21 of the Privacy Act, or under section 15 of the Access to Information Act. These sections are used to exempt information, the disclosure of which, would be reasonably expected to be injurious to the conduct of International Affairs and defense.

As a result, before we proceed with the processing of your request, we ask that you confirm your understanding of the above information and confirm that you wish to proceed with the processing of your request.

Please be advised that your request will be placed on hold until you provide the requested confirmation. We will keep your file in abeyance for 30 days. Should you not communicate with our office we will consider your request as abandoned.

Thank you,

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Wondering if we are the same group, and CBSA whoever processing our security check trigger this huge delay. The group info in my notes are wiped.

I ordered CBSA notes two weeks ago. I received this email last week, and I replied say I confirm I know this. Nothing after this.

Please be advised that the CBSA ATIP Division cannot provide information on security check results or status updates for Permanent Resident Applications. This information would be exempted from disclosure pursuant to section 21 of the Privacy Act, or under section 15 of the Access to Information Act. These sections are used to exempt information, the disclosure of which, would be reasonably expected to be injurious to the conduct of International Affairs and defense.

As a result, before we proceed with the processing of your request, we ask that you confirm your understanding of the above information and confirm that you wish to proceed with the processing of your request.

Please be advised that your request will be placed on hold until you provide the requested confirmation. We will keep your file in abeyance for 30 days. Should you not communicate with our office we will consider your request as abandoned.

Thank you,
Because they are flooded by ATIP requests due to their significant delay. This is dual standard since CSIS provide the same information. Why they can't do the same thing??

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017

Thank you,
The reply is not asking your confirmation, it looks like need your confirmation to proceed, however, it is not. It is actually said that they are not disclosing any information to you becasue "the disclosure of which, would be reasonably expected to be injurious to the conduct of International Affairs and defense." .

Last edited:

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Hello Everyone . November 09, 2015 applicant, 24 months and still waiting ..... Guys I am new to this "activity thing" how does it work ? if someone can explain would be appreciated.
Hi aman, yes, this is a new thing we've figured to estimate the progress of background check. So far what I have learned is, if in the activity section, you have collected 4 " security screening" , your background check is done.

SERAPH_WAITingForPPR

Oct 17, 2017
The reply is not asking your confirmation, it looks like need your confirmation to proceed, however, it is not. It is actually said that they are not disclosing any information to you becasue "the disclosure of which, would be reasonably expected to be injurious to the conduct of International Affairs and defense." .
So they won't provide me anything?

I just want to know the start and end date of my ss.

SERAPH_WAITingForPPR

Oct 17, 2017
According to the experience from last year, yes, they do work, but maybe only one officer is working. All of us here checked the note, you can see so far nobody report there is any update happened in December.
Yeah...

Well I feel not only PR get stuck but also my life is suspend. I even deferred my wedding to avoid another significant delay. That feels bad.