+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<< November 2023 AOR >>>>>

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I remember around 2010 and upwards, when people applied for PR (for context it took more than a year at that time to process the files), They usually do the medical as soon as they get their AOR in the mail ( Some were Paper based so you were patiently waiting for the post man to arrive :D ). The AOR confirms reception, and you have your application number. With that you can go to the doctor and do your medicals in order to have your application slightly faster done. Same thing with the payement of fees, some said if you pay everything together on the spot you'll win like a week in processing time.
Oh my those were the times! Mine took 2.5 years and I remember AOR from the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney calls for celebration cos that alone could take 2-3 months. And when you get medical request you know you are halfway through. My brother’s application took barely 3 months and even that we were impatient.
I can say the wait can be frustrating but CIC/IRCC has come a long way.

Anyone waiting for an update will surely get it.

ss.sharnaly

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Looks like fsw outland processing is faster than PNP outland. AOR 18 November, still BG in progress. No update since 10 January

LeilaOzawz

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
Algeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
November 19th
Med's Done....
October 2023
Passport Req..
February 14
Thank you all guys! I will update when there's a copr number or an approval email.

Nuida

Dec 6, 2023
I just opened CG Key and it says "Profile updated" instead of of the usual "submitted" under Current Status in the home page. Nothing changed though, neither on tracker.... I guess it's just a fluke?!

LeilaOzawz

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
Algeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
November 19th
Med's Done....
October 2023
Passport Req..
February 14
I just opened CG Key and it says "Profile updated" instead of of the usual "submitted" under Current Status in the home page. Nothing changed though, neither on tracker.... I guess it's just a fluke?!
Have you checked the background check text?

LeilaOzawz

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
Algeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
November 19th
Med's Done....
October 2023
Passport Req..
February 14
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Same message as yesterday, I checked when you said yours changed!
In my case, it went from 'we are processing BGC...' to '...when we start processing BGC...' then a few hours later it went back to 'we are processing BGC...'. So it's possible that you missed the 1st update that lasted for a few hours and this one would be the second. It's just a thought that seems logical to me based on my experience.

Idontknowmuchh

Star Member
Aug 2, 2023
In my case, it went from 'we are processing BGC...' to '...when we start processing BGC...' then a few hours later it went back to 'we are processing BGC...'. So it's possible that you missed the 1st update that lasted for a few hours and this one would be the second. It's just a thought that seems logical to me based on my experience.
Hi, any chance background check changed to ‘not applicable’ before? Mine changed to not applicable on GCkey.

Shaheer428

Feb 2, 2024
Hi. Im yet to send my application this march. ITA 1Feb2024. Is medical upfront okay? Can i do before i submit? Anyone did medical upfront after 1st oct 2023?

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
Hi. Im yet to send my application this march. ITA 1Feb2024. Is medical upfront okay? Can i do before i submit? Anyone did medical upfront after 1st oct 2023?
You can do it if you want they will not refuse your application because of that. However it's better to wait for their instruction do it until they've checked your application for completeness and eligibility

Shaheer428

Feb 2, 2024
You can do it if you want they will not refuse your application because of that. However it's better to wait for their instruction do it until they've checked your application for completeness and eligibility
Okay thanks. So they might request it still despite having medical upfront? Or it will automatically cleared when they will request it?