+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Securitron

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Some members said that invitation for test gets programmed by IRCC ahead of time and then an e-mail is sent around 2 weeks before test. I guess March 19 is the day they programmed your invitation.
Yeah, that makes sense I guess. Can you update the spreadsheet to reflect the March 19th date, considering this is what IRCC is going by? This will help those to know processing time for YEG office.

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
I submitted a request to IRCC using web form asking to postpone my test date. I sent the request on March 19 and so far the only reply I got was my message has been routed to appropriate officer. Does any one know how long it takes for them to reschedule the test?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Thanks.. so there is no way to know if CRCC received my FP??..i am just curious how long it take for them to receive and when will they resume processing my application
I have posted the answer before.... but here it is...

Usually RCMP takes about 2-3 days to complete the verification(for simple cases) and they send a snail mail with a 84 cent stamp to whoever is requesting. In my case, i requested to get the copy delivered to my home address. It takes about 3-5 days (usually) for the mail to arrive. I sent it to CIC with tracking got delivered the next day to St Clair office.

St clair office takes about 3-4 weeks to open the letter and attach it to the file.

At this stage, the CIC call center folks will be able to tell you if they received the FP results or not. provided the case officer has made a note on the file.

Second option is to request a AITP notes, that would have the information. AITP notes will take about a month to arrive from the date it was requested.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Almost two months IP no test invite...
I gather from the call centre folk that the bottleneck for many applications currently is the background checking, which is now heavily backlogged; apparently one of those elements didn't budget post-C6 for extra resources to cope, so they're now overloaded and months behind.

Reactions: meayman

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if I could be added to the spreadsheet. I live in Calgary, AB.

Application Sent: Nov 20, 2017
Application Received: Nov 24, 2017
AOR: Jan 18, 2018
IP: Feb 12, 2018

Thank you.

icycool

Apr 13, 2011
Hi everyone,
I applied in Vancouver. Here is my timeline...

App. received : Nov 3, 2017
Aor : Dec 19, 2017
In process: Feb 8, 2018
Test invite : Feb 26, 2018
Test : March 28, 2018
Oat invite : April 9, 2018
Big day : May 8, 2018

Thank you everyone for posting all information, I have been in this forum since I was a worker in 2010. Now I will be a canadian soon :) cheers!!! Good luck to you all.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Am closed to 3 months no test
I don't think that it's IRCC's fault this time, as one of their background-checking partner's apparently chose not to budget for extra resources to cope with the sudden increase in cases post-C6., so that presumably either C6-unaware or just unwise agency has now become the bottleneck.

CMeenakumari

Apr 10, 2018
I have posted the answer before.... but here it is...

Usually RCMP takes about 2-3 days to complete the verification(for simple cases) and they send a snail mail with a 84 cent stamp to whoever is requesting. In my case, i requested to get the copy delivered to my home address. It takes about 3-5 days (usually) for the mail to arrive. I sent it to CIC with tracking got delivered the next day to St Clair office.

St clair office takes about 3-4 weeks to open the letter and attach it to the file.

At this stage, the CIC call center folks will be able to tell you if they received the FP results or not. provided the case officer has made a note on the file.

Second option is to request a AITP notes, that would have the information. AITP notes will take about a month to arrive from the date it was requested.
Did you open the RCMP letter before sending to clc

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if I could be added to the spreadsheet. I live in Calgary, AB.

Application Sent: Nov 20, 2017
Application Received: Nov 24, 2017
AOR: Jan 18, 2018
IP: Feb 12, 2018

Thank you.
Hi everyone,
I applied in Vancouver. Here is my timeline...

App. received : Nov 3, 2017
Aor : Dec 19, 2017
In process: Feb 8, 2018
Test invite : Feb 26, 2018
Test : March 28, 2018
Oat invite : April 9, 2018
Big day : May 8, 2018

Thank you everyone for posting all information, I have been in this forum since I was a worker in 2010. Now I will be a canadian soon :) cheers!!! Good luck to you all.
Added you to November sheet of global 2017 spreadsheet. Link is in my signature.

Reactions: Cirene

cohen

Nov 15, 2016
Most of Edmonton applicants (Nov) got test invitations !!! and many applicants applies on October still waiting!!! applicants whose application started to process on the last week of December and first week of january they did not receive test invitation, while many applicants their application start to process on February they received test invitation, I have no idea how IRCC process applications, TEST INVITATION has nothing to do with each individual case, it is something comes by turn.....