+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

jeuniii

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi, does anybody has an idea what courier service to use? And do i have to request the signature option too with the courier service? Do i have to put the pictures in a small envelope with the application?
Thats completely upto you. Canada Post expresses takes 2 days. There are some couriers that deliver next day.
As for the signature, thats again a personal choice. For your peace of mind, get that option.
For the pics, yes you can send them in a small paper or transparent envelope. Anything that would save them from being damaged.

All of your question's answers are personal choices. None of them affects your actual application. Good luck

Reactions: muhammad092

jeuniii

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
I recently applied for police certificate for my job purpose. Since I don't have original PCC, would copy of the original police certificate work for citizenship application or I need to submit original PCC.
No. As stated categorically in the Checklist, you need to send the Original police certificate.

quebec_vasi

Jun 29, 2016
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-21-2016
AOR Received.
07-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-16-2016
Med's Done....
05-24-2016
Passport Req..
02-20-2017
Hi I need help, I moved from USA to Canada before becoming permanent resident. after than i did not travel to USA. Do i need to submit police clearance letter?

Point 10. B Section. Below is the question.
In the past four(4) years, were you in another country (other than Canada) for a total of 183 days or more?

If they count past 4 years then yes i was in USA. But after moving to Canada i did not visit USA again.
Do I still have to submit police clearance letter?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi I need help, I moved from USA to Canada before becoming permanent resident. after than i did not travel to USA. Do i need to submit police clearance letter?

In the past four(4) years, were you in another country (other than Canada) for a total of 183 days or more?

If they count past 4 years then yes i was in USA. But after moving to Canada i did not visit USA again.
Yes. If in the past 4 years you were in another country, even if before becoming a PR, you need to submit a PCC. IRCC confirmed this on Twitter.

jeuniii

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017

Whatever it be, IF you were outside Canada during the 4 year period for over 183 days, then YES. You will need to submit the document.
In your case, you will need it.

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Hello all,

I just checked the CIC residency calculator on Friday and realized that the new rules came into effect and I went from being a little bit under the requirements to well and truly over (by about 400 days). I finished up my application this weekend, paid my $630 last night, and just went and got my photos taken today and have now ordered a courier to pick up my complete package tomorrow. Out of all my visa and PR applications, this was so much easier than any previously (perhaps the new rules?). Perhaps it's just that for the first time I don't need to apply for any police checks or get a bajillion documents certified. I'm feeling confident in my application, though I was wanting to confirm if for my proof of English my Australian chef certificate would be proof enough, as it's in English and I studied the full term in Australia? It counts as a secondary certificate (or years 11 & 12 equivalent) so I'm thinking it will suffice?
I had a friend of mine (American) just submit her citizenship app back in around July and she got processed incredibly quickly (even missed the notice for her first ceremony and had to reschedule!) and has now sworn her oath and everything. I am hoping the citizenship gods are on my side like hers too! I'll update once my package has been officially shipped so I can start playing this fun waiting game with you all =]
P.S I love this forum, this place saved my life during my common law sponsored PR application!
P.P.S The only thing that gives me a bad feeling in my belly is that I got married last year and have not yet gotten around to updating CIC (I had all the paperwork filled out and have no idea where that package went). I am submitting a copy of my marriage certificate with my citizenship application and requested that it be done in my married name so that's as good as done right? Thanks!

rajesh_arr

Oct 28, 2013
1) Do I need to mention the period before I became PR in question 10.a of CIT 0002E? Yes , you need to mention this
2) NO PCC need to provide for period you was India. (because that period is not going to count for your presence calculator, and CIC need only PCC for the period which is going to contribute for days calculation )

Good Luck
Regarding PCC, it is written that you need to provide 5 years history and not the date you got your PR.

AINP NOV

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2013
Nomination.....
november 2013
AOR Received.
10/01/2014
File Transfer...
10/01/ 2014
Med's Request
10/01/ 2014
Med's Done....
20/01/ 2014
Hey guys,
cic received my citizenship application on 17/11/ 2017

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
This is in reference to ques 12 a)...why does the heading keep on repeating (Tax year, required to file and tax filed) every time I open the form to make changes. Did this happen with anyone else too?

rea11

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Q 10 a) and ques 11 only shows month and year only and not days. In that case specific dates of travel are irrelevant as when we will print the form it will only show month and year. Is that true?

bonaddictus

Star Member
Mar 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Sept 15, 2015
File Transfer...
Sept. 25, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 4, 2016
LANDED..........
July 2, 2016
I will be a Nov applicant. Just waiting for a certificate of medium of instruction from Phil.

French 2014

Oct 20, 2017
Hi everyone.

I want to apply for the citizenship and I’m wondering if someone can help me find an office that helps with the application process. I live in Etobicoke Ontario and I would appreciate any help/suggestions
Please go(by appointment) to any University Settlement in Toronto and they will help you filling up your application form correctly free of charge.

witchyscott

Nov 14, 2017
Hello everyone!

Can I please be added to the sheet?

ID: witchyscott
Presence Calculator: 1509 days
Application type: single
Application sent: Oct 12, 2017
Application Received: Oct 13, 2017
Signed for: "reception"
AOR: Nov 14, 2017

French 2014

Oct 20, 2017
Hi all November applicants,

I have a question regarding CIT 0002E. Just to give you a background, I became permanent resident of Canada in Aug, 2014 and have lived in Canada ever since and have acquired more than 1097 days as PR in Canada.

The online calculator shows me the eligibility period from Aug, 2012. So I was in India since Aug, 2012 thru Aug, 2014. Do I need to mention the period before I became PR in question 10.a of CIT 0002E? Also, in CIT 0002E, question 10.b asks to submit police clearance certificate if I have lived in any other country for more than 183 days in last 4 years. I had already submitted the police clearance certificate when I got the permanent resident visa back in 2014. And now I can not get the certificate as I have been living in Canada.

Can anyone please help? Does 10.b only refer to applicants who became PR and then lived out of Canada for 183 days?

Thanks you so much in advance!
If the issuance date of your Police Clearance Certificate is just about the date of your permanent resident visa and you traveled to Canada immediately then you do not need a PCC,otherwise you may need it.

CanaMeow

Nov 9, 2017
This is in reference to ques 12 a)...why does the heading keep on repeating (Tax year, required to file and tax filed) every time I open the form to make changes. Did this happen with anyone else too?
Yes! I had noticed this and wondered if it was just me too, as no one else seemed to have mentioned this before. I didn't know why it kept happening when saving and re-opening the document or how to prevent it. Honestly, I just had to start up a brand new form when I needed to make an amendment, after seeing this error appear. Would like to hear from any other people who also noticed this..