+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

French 2014

Oct 20, 2017
Yes! I had noticed this and wondered if it was just me too, as no one else seemed to have mentioned this before. I didn't know why it kept happening when saving and re-opening the document or how to prevent it. Honestly, I just had to start up a brand new form when I needed to make an amendment, after seeing this error appear. Would like to hear from any other people who also noticed this..
The form was updated and you no more see the repeated heading.

Dimahq

Nov 22, 2012
This is in reference to ques 12 a)...why does the heading keep on repeating (Tax year, required to file and tax filed) every time I open the form to make changes. Did this happen with anyone else too?
Happened with mine and my husband's application. I left it as it is. Nothing to do.

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Hi, did any one applied with siblings for citizenship in November 2017? or have ever heard of brothers and sister applying together ? we have 3 adults and 2 minors with us for applying for citizenship? what are your suggestions, should applying together is better?
The reason that parents are not applying because they are not eligible yet.

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Hi guys, please read the following according to new rules, its from this link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/minors51.asp) for minors application:

This application under subsection 5(1) is intended for minors (under 18) who are permanent residents and:

• do not have a parent applying for citizenship at the same time as them, or
  • do not already have a Canadian parent.
This application must be made by a person who has custody of the minor or who is empowered to act on their behalf by virtue of a court order or written agreement or by operation of law. The authorized person applying on behalf of the minor does not have to be a Canadian citizen.

I want to know if parents are not citizen and parents are not applying for citizenship with children, they would still count as person who have custody of children (minors), right? It says in there but can you please give your idea about this and to prove this birth certificate of minor scan be attached with the file.( As children are living with parents and parents are responsible for them and providing them like in a normal way so I think custody rule would be applicable to non-Canadian parents)

Am I correct?

amerabouissa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
If you can read/write in English/French you do not need anyone to help you fill the application
Application process is made for average people and not intended for rocket scientist

Can you please enlighten us as to why you need someone help ?
Is your case complicated with some background or security breaches ?
You’re absolutely right. I guess I should fill the applications myself and save myself time waiting for someone to dedicate time and fill them for me. I’ can speak/write English. I just wanted someone to assure me that my application is complete and I’m not making mistakes. Mistakes mean more processing times, no?

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, please read the following according to new rules, its from this link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/minors51.asp) for minors application:

This application under subsection 5(1) is intended for minors (under 18) who are permanent residents and:

• do not have a parent applying for citizenship at the same time as them, or
  • do not already have a Canadian parent.
This application must be made by a person who has custody of the minor or who is empowered to act on their behalf by virtue of a court order or written agreement or by operation of law. The authorized person applying on behalf of the minor does not have to be a Canadian citizen.

I want to know if parents are not citizen and parents are not applying for citizenship with children, they would still count as person who have custody of children (minors), right? It says in there but can you please give your idea about this and to prove this birth certificate of minor scan be attached with the file.( As children are living with parents and parents are responsible for them and providing them like in a normal way so I think custody rule would be applicable to non-Canadian parents)

Am I correct?
That's correct. In any case, you will have to provide copy of birth certificate. You don't have to prove that children are living with parents if custody was never transferred to anyone else. Also, remember that child benefits come to mother and CRA has a record that both parents are living together.

Would you mind to share the strategy why parent is applying for children only?

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You’re absolutely right. I guess I should fill the applications myself and save myself time waiting for someone to dedicate time and fill them for me. I’ can speak/write English. I just wanted someone to assure me that my application is complete and I’m not making mistakes. Mistakes mean more processing times, no?
If you are not confident, you may consult with one of your friend in your circle who has applied citizenship in recent months.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlbertaGovernor

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see your point.
Just follow the instructions and the checklist and you should be good.
If you have any specific questions then you can ask on the forum or send me a PM
Even if you hire someone to do the application for you, they will only be able to fill in the information that you provided to them and there is no real value add.

Reactions: Abu Hassaan

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Moderator,

Please add my details in the spreadsheet as below.

ID: Abu Hassaan
Presence Calculator: 1101 days
Application type: Family of 4
Application sent: Nov 13, 2017
Application Received: Nov 15, 2017

It would be great if you can please share the link of the spreadsheet too.

Thanks in advance.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..