+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

jeed87

Jul 4, 2017
I have changed my address now to TO. Initially we had just put the TO mailing address. i wonder if they will move the application or continue to process it in the same city.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks I did not know that. When its time for test are you given the location options and can it be outside of the initial city that you applied from?
They do not present location options. They chose one for you automatically, closest to your home postal code. There aren't many CPCs anyway.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I have changed my address now to TO. Initially we had just put the TO mailing address. i wonder if they will move the application or continue to process it in the same city.
If you have changed cities or provinces, you need to inform them that your home address has changed. You can update your address on ECAS online.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
It seems Calgary stopped processing November as well. We are not seeing IPs in Calgary and it's been a while. For me it's been almost 3 weeks since i got AOR. Not complaining, though. :)
Atleast Edmonton sends IP 1-1.5months after AOR for November applicants. So, dont feel left behind.

Although, looking at October data Calgary go from IP to Test invite much faster than Edmonton...

brandaogu

Dec 12, 2017
Calgary
Atleast Edmonton sends IP 1-1.5months after AOR for November applicants. So, dont feel left behind.

Although, looking at October data Calgary go from IP to Test invite much faster than Edmonton...
That's right. Calgary was sending IPs within a week or two.. Now they seem to have slowed down. Looks the processing time will be like Edmonton.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
They do not present location options. They chose one for you automatically, closest to your home postal code. There aren't many CPCs anyway.
Hi Razerblade. Be assured that I have the greatest respect for all of the hard work that you do on here on behalf of all of us. But I would like, at this stage, having now seen several similar messages, to expand/clarify/amplify/inform/correct on what you've said in this & similar responses. In fact, I learned last week from an IRCC call centre agent, that IRCC actually allocates/assigns an applicant's citizenship application file to a 'local' IRCC office based on his/her postal code to the nearest IRCC office (either permanent or temporary / 'regional itinerant') but only in-province, based on the postal code. If the citizenship applicant happens to live geographically-closest to an IRCC office that's actually out-of-province, then the applicant actually has to write to IRCC directly by letter, specifically requesting that his/her file be forwarded/referred to such an out-of-province IRCC office (either permanent or temporary / 'regional itinerant') for processing. This odd situation will pertain particularly to any rural or remote location citizenship applicants who are located close to a neighbouring province wherein is more conveniently located a much closer IRCC office. This situation pertains to me in that I'm under 2hrs' drive from an out-of-province 'regional itinerant' IRCC, versus 5hrs' drives to either of the IRCC offices that are formally in-province for me. Again, many thanks for all of your excellent efforts on our behalves on this forum. I supply this extra piece of information in case it might be of any assistance to other rurally-located folk like me. As always, I wish good luck to all with their applications.

Reactions: N_Shine

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi Razerblade. Be assured that I have the greatest respect for all of the hard work that you do on here on behalf of all of us. But I would like, at this stage, having now seen several similar messages, to expand/clarify/amplify/inform/correct on what you've said in this & similar responses. In fact, I learned last week from an IRCC call centre agent, that IRCC actually allocates/assigns an applicant's citizenship application file to a 'local' IRCC office based on his/her postal code to the nearest IRCC office (either permanent or temporary / 'regional itinerant') but only in-province, based on the postal code. If the citizenship applicant happens to live geographically-closest to an IRCC office that's actually out-of-province, then the applicant actually has to write to IRCC directly by letter, specifically requesting that his/her file be forwarded/referred to such an out-of-province IRCC office (either permanent or temporary / 'regional itinerant') for processing. This odd situation will pertain particularly to any rural or remote location citizenship applicants who are located close to a neighbouring province wherein is more conveniently located a much closer IRCC office. This situation pertains to me in that I'm under 2hrs' drive from an out-of-province 'regional itinerant' IRCC, versus 5hrs' drives to either of the IRCC offices that are formally in-province for me. Again, many thanks for all of your excellent efforts on our behalves on this forum. I supply this extra piece of information in case it might be of any assistance to other rurally-located folk like me. As always, I wish good luck to all with their applications.
Hi ChippyBoy, thanks! Good to know

Reactions: ChippyBoy