Nov 2, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deepak K said:
Hi All

Yesterday I had test at Vancouver center and passed Smiley

The officer told that I will get Oath invitation in 5-6 month. another wait time start now

Thanks
Congratulations , did you get an interview after the test ? I think they say 5-6 month to be on the safe side but it can be much less than that according to our spreadsheet.
hope you get your Oath invitation very soon :)

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
readytofly said:
My application is now transferred to Ottawa office.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 13, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 30, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 14, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Ottawa office on March 30, 2015. The Ottawa office will contact you.
Me too I just checked my ecas and my file was transferred to Ottawa on March 30, Good Luck all of you

montu

Jun 24, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
london``
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2010
Doc's Request.
8thjuly2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
àt the time of application
File Transfer...
22-11-2010 to lon vo
Med's Request
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
22-6-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in oct 2011
Hi All

I have my test on apr 8th at Scarborough town centre at 1.30pm . anyone scheduled for that date?

also, need advise: do I have to take all documents (original) for my kids (below 10yrs) as well? pls advise
thanks

juannie

Mar 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pegasusyt said:
Hey guys,

Took the test in Scarborough today.

There was maybe about 40 people there. Before you start they brief you on how to fill out the answer sheet, etc. They don't take away your purse/cell phone, etc, which was a surprise! They also tell you before you begin the test that those who pass will get the oath invite in 2-4 months.

The test was easy, if you have read the guide and done the practice tests online, you'll be fine. I got 20/20 and was done in about 5-10 minutes.

The interview was really short. The officer asked how many times I had left Canada (apparently I had made a mistake on my app and put down that I had left the country for a vacation on Jan 28 2013 when it should have been Jan 27). He said it was not a big deal because I more than met the residency requirements, but he did point it out. Another thing he said was that normally he would RQ me for not having one of my passports (I lost it last year) but then he was like "but it's okay, I trust you" lol!

Just thought I'd mention these so you don't make the same mistakes as me. Double and triple check the dates you put down and don't lose your passport! :p He checked my IDs, landing document, passports. He then asked me if I had ever had any trouble with the police. I said no, and he told me everything looked good and that I was good to go! The interview lasted 3 minutes tops.

Everyone there, the officers and the test people, were really nice and friendly, which helped.

Hope this helps you guys and best of luck for everyone who is taking the test soon! :)
Hi I'm just wondering what document they will advise me to bring for the test?

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Masrawy said:
Congratulations , did you get an interview after the test ? I think they say 5-6 month to be on the safe side but it can be much less than that according to our spreadsheet.
hope you get your Oath invitation very soon :)
Yes interview was just after the test, very simple, checking stamp and asking about job etc. I am also hoping that oath invitation sooner than that but looks like Vancouver is slower than toronto

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a little confuse

according to this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp the processing time is 24-36 months AND according to this http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872619 in 2015 the processing time is "processing times as expected to be less than one year"!

so should i expect to finish in 1 year or 3 years :D

emanoN

Apr 1, 2015
Coteau du lac
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RajevSantik said:
I am a little confuse

according to this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp the processing time is 24-36 months AND according to this http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872619 in 2015 the processing time is "processing times as expected to be less than one year"!

so should i expect to finish in 1 year or 3 years :D
I guess it used to be about 2-3 years but recently the either hired people or changed the procedures. So it's way faster now. :p

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone have their file transferred to the local office, I am almost 2 months "in progress".....

juannie

Mar 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RajevSantik said:
Anyone have their file transferred to the local office, I am almost 2 months "in progress".....
Yes me. File transfer to Scarborough on March 8

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
RajevSantik said:
Yes, see my timeline, local office is Scarborough

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks all for sharing, i think maybe because of local office (Edmonton)

I called the CIC and they said "The process time for 24-3 months" and refereed me to on line status..............

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RajevSantik said:
Thanks all for sharing, i think maybe because of local office (Edmonton)

I called the CIC and they said "The process time for 24-3 months" and refereed me to on line status..............
@RajeevSantik, our local office is Edmonton as well. Even though our application was transferred to the Edmonton office almost a month ago, we haven't heard any updates since then. On the flip side, November applicants in Vancouver and some parts of Ontario have seen relatively speedier processing, up to and including tests/oath-invitations.

We will just have to be patient :)

varuna

Feb 1, 2015
I had my test today at Kitchener office. All went well, the officer said the oath invite will come in aprox. 2 month. Good luck everyone!

Application received: November 18, 2014.
AOR: February 3, 2015
Processing: February 12, 2015.
Kitchener office on February 17, 2015
Test: April 15, 2015

emanoN

Apr 1, 2015
Coteau du lac
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varuna said:
I had my test today at Kitchener office. All went well, the officer said the oath invite will come in aprox. 2 month. Good luck everyone!

Application received: November 18, 2014.
AOR: February 3, 2015
Processing: February 12, 2015.
Kitchener office on February 17, 2015
Test: April 15, 2015
Lucky you! Concrats. See you on the other side :)