+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2014 Applicants

prashr

Mar 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally!! :) I checked ECAS and my file was transferred to the local office (Scarborough) on April 13 -

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 6, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 28, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 23, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on April 13, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

Masrawy

Nov 2, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Nov Applicants

Im see an update on me Ecase today , nothing promising but rather unusual. My ( transferred to local office ) line was repeated with a different date ! so now I have two transferred to local office lines. did this happen to any of you ?

hope there is a positive outcome from this unusual activity and we receive a test invitation soon !

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masrawy said:
Hello Nov Applicants

Im see an update on me Ecase today , nothing promising but rather unusual. My ( transferred to local office ) line was repeated with a different date ! so now I have two transferred to local office lines. did this happen to any of you ?

hope there is a positive outcome from this unusual activity and we receive a test invitation soon !
Someone received 2 AORs.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends
I have my test on April 27. Do I need to have translation of all my passport pages again.
I sent them with my application in November.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masrawy said:
Hello Nov Applicants

Yes, happened to me.

Zaraben

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Interview........
11-08-205
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
fdk511 said:
@ RajeevSantik, our local office is Edmonton as well. Even though our application was transferred to the Edmonton office almost a month ago, we haven't heard any updates since then. On the flip side, November applicants in Vancouver and some parts of Ontario have seen relatively speedier processing, up to and including tests/oath-invitations.

We will just have to be patient :)
The Calgary office seems to be really slow too! I think right now people who applied March/April 2014 :eek: (one year later) are just being invited for the test!

Masrawy

Nov 2, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pmary said:
Dear Friends
I have my test on April 27. Do I need to have translation of all my passport pages again.
I sent them with my application in November.
I would say yes to that , make sure you have up to date translations of everything that is not in English or French

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
Got my RQ today after thinking I was going to be ok as they said they'd call me if anything came up on my CBSA report. I'm so upset - I missed 5 absences and feel like such a moron. Two were weekend trips where I was gone only 3 days, one was a day trip that doesn't count, one I was only out of the country literally 20 hours and one was a 5 day vacation I 100% forgot about because it was awful and I erased it from my memory.

I am also confused by the RQ, as in the letter they say they only want me to discuss my absences, but sent me the entire RQ and said fill it out?

If they only want me to discuss my absences I will fill it out and hopefully send it out Monday or Tuesday. What a pain. I was hoping I would get to vote in the October election :(

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cec2011 said:
Got my RQ today after thinking I was going to be ok as they said they'd call me if anything came up on my CBSA report. I'm so upset - I missed 5 absences and feel like such a moron. Two were weekend trips where I was gone only 3 days, one was a day trip that doesn't count, one I was only out of the country literally 20 hours and one was a 5 day vacation I 100% forgot about because it was awful and I erased it from my memory.

I am also confused by the RQ, as in the letter they say they only want me to discuss my absences, but sent me the entire RQ and said fill it out?

If they only want me to discuss my absences I will fill it out and hopefully send it out Monday or Tuesday. What a pain. I was hoping I would get to vote in the October election :(
You had a letter attached to RQ? It may be risky to send only absences when they sent you the entire RQ.

On another note, how do you miss 5 absences in last 3 years? It would only make sense if you were traveling frequently, like every other week. You would have got the RQ if you missed one trip so dont be upset about getting it for missing 5.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
cec2011 said:

I am sorry to know that. Could you please tell what exactly happened during interview? Did the CIC officer raise any concerns? Did he tell you something about approval process etc?

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
CanV said:
You had a letter attached to RQ? It may be risky to send only absences when they sent you the entire RQ.

On another note, how do you miss 5 absences in last 3 years? It would only make sense if you were traveling frequently, like every other week. You would have got the RQ if you missed one trip so dont be upset about getting it for missing 5.
Yeah I'm going to have to go through a lot of hassle for nothing. Re-did my residency calculator last night using facebook and other social media sites to see where exactly i went wrong. And apparently I gained a few days and am not under the required 1095 amount - they will just think im really dumb.

My own damn fault for not triple checking. Blah.

mikasingh

Jun 27, 2014
Hello does anyone know whats going on with November applications ? After slew of test invites now the progress has almost come to a halt. I just checked Dec applicants and looks like a whole bunch are already through tests or have received invite for tests.....not sure what is going on in CIC ? Why would so many applicants from December get ahead in line ?

Anyone has any clues as to what might be happening ?

Masrawy said:
Hello Nov Applicants

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikasingh said:
Hello does anyone know whats going on with November applications ? After slew of test invites now the progress has almost come to a halt. I just checked Dec applicants and looks like a whole bunch are already through tests or have received invite for tests.....not sure what is going on in CIC ? Why would so many applicants from December get ahead in line ?

Anyone has any clues as to what might be happening ?
Dear Mikasingh
Iam December Applicant & in our group Only some of Vancouver & Scarbrough office applicants got Test invitation all others are waiting. So don't worry all other offices are slow.

pegasusyt

Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
Yeah. I'm Scarborough office and most of us that took the test March/April are still waiting. They almost stopped the ceremonies completely for a couple weeks and only gave out tests, so huge backlog now. Patience... :/