+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2014 Applicants

atif_kaloodi

Nov 6, 2014
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masrawy said:
I didn't select anything due to the fact that it says this section to be completed (ONLY ), and since there is no space to write N/A I just left it empty. where did you get that information if I might ask !
I searched it on this forum and some body explained why to say no

For eg if you select yes thats mean u have passed the LINC and u authorize cic but since i dont have LINC i will select NO and provide third-party language proof.

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atif_kaloodi said:
I searched it on this forum and some body explained why to say no

For eg if you select yes thats mean u have passed the LINC and u authorize cic but since i dont have LINC i will select NO and provide third-party language proof.
9E states that "this section needs to be completed by applicants choosing previous LINC results as proof of language". That's the applicability - applicants who are using LINC results.

In our case, since we were not using LINC results for proof of language (because we never participated in the program) , we left this section totally blank.

CIC (in my opinion) confused this issue, by asking for authorization - though they do explain the rationale in question 7A as to why they need consent. Why would someone NOT provide consent when choosing previous LINC results as proof of language? The applicant might as well submit the alternate proof and not mention LINC to begin with :)

atif_kaloodi

Nov 6, 2014
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fdk511 said:
9E states that "this section needs to be completed by applicants choosing previous LINC results as proof of language". That's the applicability - applicants who are using LINC results.

In our case, since we were not using LINC results for proof of language (because we never participated in the program) , we left this section totally blank.

CIC (in my opinion) confused this issue, by asking for authorization - though they do explain the rationale in question 7A as to why they need consent. Why would someone NOT provide consent when choosing previous LINC results as proof of language? The applicant might as well submit the alternate proof and not mention LINC to begin with :)
i think you are right, it is really confusing question but if you read it twice then you might understand what they are asking. lets read it again :

Question 9E
This section is to be completed ONLY if you successfully completed LINC/CLIC language training program at CLB/NCLC 4 from January 2008-October 2012 and you have no certificate available.

Here CIC is saying only complete this section if you seccessfully completed LINC etc.. so according to our scenario we are not eligible to complete this section as you said :) lets read the NO part now which is also not applicable to our scenario since we have not completed LINC. i would leave this section blank too. thanks for the clarification :)

Check Yes box to authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to access your LINC/CLIC results held by CIC in order to determine your citizenship eligibility.

If you choose No, you will be required to submit an alternate acceptable proof of language ability with your application.

frd2010

Jul 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vrachar said:
To all November 2014 applicants:

Please enter your data to this sheet so we can follow the timeline:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjtMxKsn6wG3dFJzMEh1Tmw2Rl92SG03TkVyUUwydHc#gid=0

Thanks.

(Just type in your data and press "Enter" at the end - Google saves the data automatically).
Everybody,

I tried to go through the previous posts and I updated the spreadsheet as much as I could. Please check your dates and information to see if it is entered correctly.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends

I have a question. I am going to send my application on November 24. But we will move our home on December 19. Do you suggest I do not send my application now and wait to apply after our moving ? But if I wait i waist time may be the laws changes ;) also I should change address in my IDs and it take time. If I apply now maybe lost mails from immigration office. What do you suggest , I really do not want to wait.

atif_kaloodi

Nov 6, 2014
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pmary said:
Hi Friends

I have a question. I am going to send my application on November 24. But we will move our home on December 19. Do you suggest I do not send my application now and wait to apply after our moving ? But if I wait i waist time may be the laws changes ;) also I should change address in my IDs and it take time. If I apply now maybe lost mails from immigration office. What do you suggest , I really do not want to wait.
if i am you i would just apply it right now and there is always a option of address change later :) good Luck

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
pmary said:
Hi Friends

apply right now and once you change the address contact CIC and provide the new address as per the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-after.asp

While we process your application, you should only contact CIC if:

you change your address,
you plan to leave Canada for more than two weeks in a row,
you are charged with a crime or
we do not contact you about your file within the posted processing times.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear atif_kaloodi , thecoolguysam thank you for your reply :)

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
fdk511 said:
Greetings group. I have been surfing this forum for quite a while, and now that our time approaches to submit our citizenship application, this topic appears to be very appropriate to join and comment.

I am currently waiting on my wife's official CELPIP General LS results to arrive before submitting the application, which I anticipate to be mid-November. We have received the online scores last week, and depending on the forum/CELPIP official FAQs, the required score should be received in the mail in 4-10 business days.

I do feel that I am getting a bit carried away by the amount of documents that I am attaching with our family application (3 people), but based on what I have read, it appears that avoiding an RQ should allow for a smoother processing time (We are based in Edmonton).

Here is what I am attaching so far (apart from the usual app form/bio pages etc)

1. Language requirements:
Myself: Original sealed transcripts from my universities in the States, along with copies of the conferred degrees
Wife: General LS score sheet (once received)

2. Education records:
Myself/wife/son: Copy of my son's school record

3. Work records:
Myself: Letters of employment from past three employers, Notice of Assessments, Copies of paystubs (one for each year in Canada)
Wife: Homemaker, so N/A for her

4. Additional documents
Myself/wife/son:
a. Color copies of all pages from our passport (I have copied two to a page and double-sided, so a 36-page booklet is reduced to 5-pages)
b. copy of doctor's visit record for Edmonton (the doctor in Manitoba is taking too long to pull our records, so unless received in the next week, I will proceed without them).
b. Lease copies for last three years.

Myself:
a. copy of a hydro bill from Manitoba
b. copy of an Adult EAL score report from Manitoba (NOT being used for language requirement)

Wife:
a. copy of a cable bill from Manitoba
b. copy of a flu immunization in Alberta (also applies for my son)

Overkill? Need more? Any feedback would be appreciated.

To this who have applied already, all the best with your application's progress.
Salam
Hope for you all success and rapid processing. I noticed you prepared so many documents to send them from the start. Usually these documents are requested when there is RQ . They do not request for example all passport pages and translation of stamps. I have 2 questions:
1- If you send these documents do you have any risk to send you back the whole file because of too many non-requested documents?
2- If you send a whole package of such documents is that aguarantee that they will not send you a RQ?
Thanks a lot

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
surgi said:
Salam
Hope for you all success and rapid processing. I noticed you prepared so many documents to send them from the start. Usually these documents are requested when there is RQ . They do not request for example all passport pages and translation of stamps. I have 2 questions:
1- If you send these documents do you have any risk to send you back the whole file because of too many non-requested documents?
2- If you send a whole package of such documents is that aguarantee that they will not send you a RQ?
Thanks a lot

i think they won't send it back but sending unnecessary documents can make CIC suspicious and can trigger RQ. if you want to send just send what is being asked or little bit of extra but not too much paperwork.
There is no guarantee that they will send you RQ or not regardless of what extra paperwork you submit with application.

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
i think they won't send it back but sending unnecessary documents can make CIC suspicious and can trigger RQ. if you want to send just send what is being asked or little bit of extra but not too much paperwork.
There is no guarantee that they will send you RQ or not regardless of what you submit with application.
Thank you thecoolguysam

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends
In past 4 years , I've been working. Do I need to send any document regarding my job with my application ? Should I attach only the documents in the list ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
pmary said:
Hi friends
In past 4 years , I've been working. Do I need to send any document regarding my job with my application ? Should I attach only the documents in the list ?
send what is being asked. I think new form does not ask for work records.

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
SA 26/02/2015 File trsfd on 08/04/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Please applicantsss
Note that generic 0008 has changed on November.
I have sent my docs yesterday and cic will receive them on Tuesday, Im very worried but its not my falt till now nothing changed and right now all of a sudden I saw this new form.
So guyss whatch out.