November 2014 Applicants

fdk511

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
It says nowhere in the application form to provide photocopies of work records. It just says specifically education records.

Also, In the application guide, it says no where to attach the work records.
@thecoolguysam, I just realized what happened: I am referencing the form on my laptop when I state that the form requires us to provide photocopies of your work and/or education records. You are referencing the form on their website which states that "... you must provide photocopies of your education records..."

So in essence, we have both been referencing different forms when making our individual statements.

This is quite interesting since both the form which I downloaded on the 21st of September and the one on the website today have the (05-2014)E noted at the bottom. But the one currently on cic's website is more in-line with their instruction guide.

So I consider myself to be corrected: any information which is work-related will probably be an additional document and not a required document.

However, I will state that I do plan on including these documents - not clipped to my application- but as supplementary documents.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
fdk511 said:
@ thecoolguysam, I just realized what happened: I am referencing the form on my laptop when I state that the form requires us to provide photocopies of your work and/or education records. You are referencing the form on their website which states that "... you must provide photocopies of your education records..."

So in essence, we have both been referencing different forms when making our individual statements.

This is quite interesting since both the form which I downloaded on the 21st of September and the one on the website today have the (05-2014)E noted at the bottom. But the one currently on cic's website is more in-line with their instruction guide.

So I consider myself to be corrected: any information which is work-related will probably be an additional document and not a required document.

However, I will state that I do plan on including these documents - not clipped to my application- but as supplementary documents.
its your personal choice to include them. remember: providing additional documents will not prevent RQ. If its bound to happen, it will happen regardless of what you attach.

As stated in my previous posts, try sending specific documents and start to prepare paperwork for RQ so that you don't have to rush if you receive RQ. So, after receiving RQ, simply send the paperwork next day.
If CIC does not ask RQ, keep the paperwork for the interview so that interview process goes smoothly and they don't request additional documentation.

frd2010

Jul 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a dumb question. I watched a video on CIC website, and the guy in the video said don't leave any space blank or your application will be returned. He said that if it does not apply to you simply write N/A. It should be easy, right? However, when I am trying to fill my application, it is not so obvious to me.

For example, 3B and 3C. Leave it blank or put N/A.

Similar thing with 6G. CHILD info. Leave it blank or N/A.

Similar thing with 8.

Also, for 9 E, it does not apply to me. Leave it blank or check the "Yes".

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
I just wrote N/A on each and every field that did not apply to me and I had to leave blank, might be overkill, but better be safe than sorry!
I submitted copies of all my pay stubs from last 4-5 years as my record of employment, that may sound like a lot of papers, but it was not because I printed 4 pages per sheet and each sheet was printed double sided. Record of employment, like some people mentioned, is supplementary from my view point.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
frd2010 said:
I have a dumb question. I watched a video on CIC website, and the guy in the video said don't leave any space blank or your application will be returned. He said that if it does not apply to you simply write N/A. It should be easy, right? However, when I am trying to fill my application, it is not so obvious to me.

Similar thing with 8.

rather than leaving it blank, write N/A if that part/section does not apply to you.

I think you are referring to 6F. You need to provide work/education history and if you were unemployed,retired,homemaker mention that.
Just don't leave any gaps. Be accountable for each day you mention and don't miss any days.

Masrawy

Nov 2, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Currently filling my application and sending it next week, so a November applicant to be 8)

I have few questions for you guys :-

1- Question 6.F says if you have unemployments to ( indicate the reason for being unemployed and confirm the dates of unemployment under Work/Education and indicate time period ) !

- does that means I have to retype the dates under that section or sum the amount of time of which I have been unemployed !

2- For educational records , I did a language integration course and on the application guide it says I dont need to provide transcripts for language training, did I get that right !

3- I did a professional course for two weeks of which I have the certificate to prove but the school won't issue transcripts , should I just attach the certificate or write a letter to explain that !

cheers and good luck to everybody

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frd2010 said:

Similar thing with 8.

I just filled my application and sent it on Monday, and I let a friend of mine who works as a lawyer just to double check on my application to see if it is missing anything. I left sections 3B, 3C, 6G & 9E blank as it doesn't apply to me and he didn't comment on that, I don't know but that is what I did, I think just to be in the safe side just put N/A for whatever doesn't relate to you.

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Just to keep you updated, I have my application received by CIC and signed by M.KRSZWDA.
Here is our journey starts, Good luck to everyone

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Masrawy said:
Currently filling my application and sending it next week, so a November applicant to be 8)

I have few questions for you guys :-

1- Question 6.F says if you have unemployments to ( indicate the reason for being unemployed and confirm the dates of unemployment under Work/Education and indicate time period ) !

- does that means I have to retype the dates under that section or sum the amount of time of which I have been unemployed !

2- For educational records , I did a language integration course and on the application guide it says I dont need to provide transcripts for language training, did I get that right !

3- I did a professional course for two weeks of which I have the certificate to prove but the school won't issue transcripts , should I just attach the certificate or write a letter to explain that !

cheers and good luck to everybody
1. Q 6 F enter the months in From and To section. Under work/education provide exact dates. Under employer or school attended: provide reason for unemployment. You need to retype the exact dates you were unemployed in work/education section.

2. For educational records here it says in the instruction guide:

4. Education records

Provide photocopies of all your official education records if you attended an educational institution in the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application. Official education records are:

report cards; or
transcripts; or
attendance records
The education records must cover each calendar year, if applicable. It is sufficient to submit one official education document per calendar year of schooling during the relevant four (4) year period. Note: You are not required to submit proof of attendance at English/French as a second language training programs.

In addition, provide photocopies of official education records for all children in Canada or abroad who were under the age of 18 in the last four (4) years immediately before the date of your application, even if you are not applying for Canadian citizenship on their behalf. You must also provide documents for any children who are already Canadian citizens, if applicable.

Note: Student identification cards and letters from institutions, teachers, principals are not accepted as official education records. For example, an official transcript from an educational institution would satisfy this requirement. A letter from an institution is only acceptable in the following two circumstances:

Child has recently enrolled in school and a report card has not yet been issued
Child is being homeschooled (see below)
Format: Clear and legible photocopy

3. Contact CIC customer service for the Q 3 to get accurate answer.

sanlitun

Jun 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all -

I'd like to share my application status with you -

Citizenship application sent: Oct. 31, 2014 (1098 days)
Application received by DONNIE: Nov. 5, 2014

Does anyone else have his/her application package signed by DONNIE?

A note to guys there considering which courier service to use - Don't use Purolator - bad service. I purchased "next business day" service for my package to be delivered to Sydney at 9am on Nov. 3 but the system shows it's delivered at 12:44pm on Nov. 5. Also, they agreed to pick up the package during 8am-11am on Oct. 31 and didn't come till 12:15pm (and I had a flight to catch at 12:00pm).

Good luck to all applicants!

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Messi said:
Hi Guys,

Just to keep you updated, I have my application received by CIC and signed by M.KRSZWDA.
Here is our journey starts, Good luck to everyone
Just sent mine an hour ago. With CanadaPost courier delivery. Should be there within next 2 business days (so probably Monday November 10).
1100 days. Single Adult applicant.

Good luck to everyone.

atif_kaloodi

Nov 6, 2014
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guyz,

i have just wrote my english exam at CELPIP on Nov 1st, i am waiting for my result. i will submit my Application on Nov-28.

i will submit only what they are asking for, i have been in canada for 11 years now as an refugee then my application accepted as H&C

became permanent Resident on November 2012. such a long journey to become PR and now in process of Citizenship.

Good luck every one, and lets make a chart so we can track who is getting AOR and so on.

Thanks

Atif

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
OrangeCup said:
Just sent mine an hour ago. With CanadaPost courier delivery. Should be there within next 2 business days (so probably Monday November 10).
1100 days. Single Adult applicant.

Good luck to everyone.
I also had sent mine with Canada Post courier for the 2 business day delivery, I dropped it off at Canada Post on a Monday night, and it got delivered on Friday, so that's about 3-4 business days depending on how you look at it.

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application sent November 1st.

Application received at Sydney on November 5th.

I guess the waiting game begins now.

Any other November applicants? and is there a November tracker ?

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a tracker for people who have applied for citizenship in november?

cecapplied