Oct. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct. 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov. 9, 2013
CEC2013 said:
I sent my documents by Xpresspost to the courier address and the status got stuck, like you mentioned. I contacted the courier and requested an inquiry be conducted as to the whereabouts. A few days later, I got a call from CanadaPost and was told that that address is registered for mass-mail delivery (bag of multiple items vs individual). They tried to contact CIC and CPPO, but with no luck.

Since I wasnt aware at the time, I ordered GCMS to confirm. And the documents were indeed delivered and attached, but the status never changed from "out for delivery". So, this shouldnt be a huge concern. They are just having trouble tracking the delivery for these mass-mail delivery clients.
Thanks for sharing!

My tracking just got updated to "Item successfully delivered" at 12:46pm. So it looks like the tracking update is just a hit and miss.

tarunbahl

May 29, 2013
Hello seniors,

I had emailed Ottawa and here is what they replied:

Hello,
With regard to your request for a status update, the processing of your file is following its due course. Your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. No action or document is needed from you at this present time and while we process applications as expeditiously as possible, each application is unique and we are unable to guarantee a specific time frame for its completion. Our office will contact you regarding the next steps in your file in due time.

Regards,

I am not even sure what to make of it. I had also asked for GCMS notes a while back. Still waiting. Any inputs?

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
I've been getting this reply since day 1. I guess only GCMS can tell the true status of your application.

tarunbahl said:
Hello seniors,

Hello,
With regard to your request for a status update, the processing of your file is following its due course. Your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. No action or document is needed from you at this present time and while we process applications as expeditiously as possible, each application is unique and we are unable to guarantee a specific time frame for its completion. Our office will contact you regarding the next steps in your file in due time.

Regards,

I am not even sure what to make of it. I had also asked for GCMS notes a while back. Still waiting. Any inputs?

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
tarunbahl said:
Hello seniors,

Hello,

Regards,

When did you order GCMS? They take 30 days to arrive.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
tarunbahl said:
Hello seniors,

Hello,

Regards,

Application under review is taking more than 12 months..Guys from start and mid october whose file under review got MR yesterday

Oct 25, 2012
Hi All,

I applied in November 2012 and received medical and RPRF request yesterday (Oct 23rd 2013). I will be in India from 29th Nov to 31st Dec. So if I appear for medicals now and say I get my passport request by Nov 15th, is there any way I can ask for more time? since I would need my passport for travel and will not be back by Dec 15th.

Another option is I should delay my medicals until Nov 25th or so, so that even if I get a passport request by Dec 15th, I will have time till Jan 15th to send my passport. Is there any slightest possibility that I will get my passport request in 2-3 days after the medicals? How long it typically takes?

Please help me guys and let me know if there is any other better alternative.

watchpu5hp

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Dec 2012
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
28th Jan 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
24th Sep 2013
Med's Done....
1st Oct 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21st Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7th nov 2013
LANDED..........
10th Nov 2013
You get 60 days time to send passprt from the date they send you request

BramptonWorker said:
Hi All,

I applied in November 2012 and received medical and RPRF request yesterday (Oct 23rd 2013). I will be in India from 29th Nov to 31st Dec. So if I appear for medicals now and say I get my passport request by Nov 15th, is there any way I can ask for more time? since I would need my passport for travel and will not be back by Dec 15th.

Another option is I should delay my medicals until Nov 25th or so, so that even if I get a passport request by Dec 15th, I will have time till Jan 15th to send my passport. Is there any slightest possibility that I will get my passport request in 2-3 days after the medicals? How long it typically takes?

Please help me guys and let me know if there is any other better alternative.

mady_1982

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP -Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 -RCMP Requested
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
hi BramptonWorker firstly congratulations on your MR, could u share ur timelines , like when u filed , when u got aor , did u send any additional docs , what is ur NOC ?

tarunbahl

May 29, 2013
lpc19800 said:
When did you order GCMS? They take 30 days to arrive.
I applied for GCMS notes on September 26th. So shouldnt take longer for them to arrive? But then I read somewhere that CIC can take additional 30 days....:(

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tarunbahl said:
I applied for GCMS notes on September 26th. So shouldnt take longer for them to arrive? But then I read somewhere that CIC can take additional 30 days....:(
It takes about 30 days for the notes to arrive. So you'll get them early next week I guess.

waitinginvaincec

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Excuse this post, i know its a little irrelevant, but please i need your help.

Okay, so my representative totally screwed my application!

Please I need advice on this.

This is what my GCMS notes say:

No adverse info. Temporary resident status authorized during CEC qualifying period. Civil status: XXX, spouse declared. Work Exp: NOC 6311 declared, Food service Supervisor for XXX from 2010/10/15 to 2012/ 10/23 according to employment letter. Duties listed in letter appear to be directly drawn from the HRSDC website. Letter also states that PA " serve(s) as a front liner during operation" indicating that a significant portion of her position may atually be to act as a food counter attendant. Supporting docs appear insufficient to demonstrate 2 years of exp in this NOC code. Language IELTS meets benchmark......

[/b

having said that, do i still have a chance if i reapply?

Another question is, if there is a difference in the dates, coz im pretty sure, my rep made a mistake in filling out the form, instead of 2010/10/15 to 2012/10/23 she might have typed 2010/10/15 to 2012/09 which is so stupid. my rep is the one who fills out these forms she just lets me sign it, she would only show me the page where i would sign, this has always been like this with all the immigration paper works that we did before. its possible she screwed up this time. so when i reapply and put the correct dates, is that ok? and if rewrite my letter, because as they say, it looked like its drawn out directly from the website, is that ok as well? has someone you know had this same mistake?

and by the way, can i request a copy of my IMM 008 from cic the one I submitted so I can check if my rep screwed up?

im really scrared. please advice.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
waitinginvaincec said:
Excuse this post, i know its a little irrelevant, but please i need your help.

Okay, so my representative totally screwed my application!

Please I need advice on this.

This is what my GCMS notes say:

No adverse info. Temporary resident status authorized during CEC qualifying period. Civil status: XXX, spouse declared. Work Exp: NOC 6311 declared, Food service Supervisor for XXX from 2010/10/15 to 2012/ 10/23 according to employment letter. Duties listed in letter appear to be directly drawn from the HRSDC website. Letter also states that PA " serve(s) as a front liner during operation" indicating that a significant portion of her position may atually be to act as a food counter attendant. Supporting docs appear insufficient to demonstrate 2 years of exp in this NOC code. Language IELTS meets benchmark......

[/b

having said that, do i still have a chance if i reapply?

Another question is, if there is a difference in the dates, coz im pretty sure, my rep made a mistake in filling out the form, instead of 2010/10/15 to 2012/10/23 she might have typed 2010/10/15 to 2012/09 which is so stupid. my rep is the one who fills out these forms she just lets me sign it, she would only show me the page where i would sign, this has always been like this with all the immigration paper works that we did before. its possible she screwed up this time. so when i reapply and put the correct dates, is that ok? and if rewrite my letter, because as they say, it looked like its drawn out directly from the website, is that ok as well? has someone you know had this same mistake?

and by the way, can i request a copy of my IMM 008 from cic the one I submitted so I can check if my rep screwed up?

im really scrared. please advice.

Dates will only be taken whatever is shown in GCMS...dont worry about what she typed..your only chance is updated letter. I dont think you can request a copy, you can send a new copy wit ur updated letter of duties..

Does it says review required ? you didnt typed it?

waitinginvaincec

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
gladaki said:
Dates will only be taken whatever is shown in GCMS...dont worry about what she typed..your only chance is updated letter. I dont think you can request a copy, you can send a new copy wit ur updated letter of duties..

Does it says review required ? you didnt typed it?
yes she typed everything. thats how she does it.she just highlights the part where you sign. and the signature page is the only one you see. i guess i should have asked her if i can at least have a glance hey? oh well, that was the stupidiest thing i did. sorry for the word.

i am actually just thinking of waiting for the refusal then reapply. what do you think? but i will never go through her anymore.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hi waitinginvaincec,
if you check your GCMS notes you will see around the end something like this:
elibility:
security:
medical:
criminality:

what does it say under elibility?
is it passed-recommend passed-under review?