+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2012 Applicants Unite!

libellula

Jan 18, 2013
bscinto92 said:
OMG GUYS. Today... I opened my e-mail.... and look what was there to greet me:

Dear Applicant,

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada has been completed.

You are required to submit your passport(s) and photographs along with a copy of this letter by MAIL within the next THIRTY (30) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay.

Note: As of December 1, 2011, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will no longer issue a Permanent Resident counterfoil to applicants from visa exempt countries. All applicants approved for permanent residence, whether they hold a passport from a visa exempt country or from a country requiring a visa for Canada, will continue to be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document.

Please consult our website for a complete list of visa exempt countries: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions

If you and/or your dependent(s) hold a passport from a visa exempt country, this office will NOT require your/their passport(s) to finalize this case. Only submit the passport(s) for those persons who require a visa for Canada. For all others, submit a clear photocopy of every page in their valid passports.

Now for the infamous question..... Naturally, this happened 2 weeks before I'm going to Canada to visit my husband for 2 weeks. So I can't send in my passport obviously before I go away and hope that it gets back to me before it's time to go. And it's also cutting it really close sending it the moment i get back since it would have to go all the way out to Los Angeles. But then it says that if i hold a passport froma visa exempt country (the United States is visa exempt according to the website given) that I don't have to send it in... So what the hell am I supposed to do? Send it or not? Any other US citizens who have gotten passport requests that can tell me what they did and what exactly they sent in? And where you got your pictures done if they were required? I'm so excited I just don't even know what to do right now lol
Hey thats fantastic!!!!
You are in the home stretch now!!
So copy off all of the pages in your passport plus the letter,and Im assuming that they need a photo that works for the card?? thats a strange one! If you can call up cic to ask them about that or email the LA office,about the size etc..
Because there are 2 different sizes they use. The passport one,and the resident card size but I cant remember the exact size,will try to find,but it should be on the documents that explained everything in the very beginning. I remember that you also have to have them stamp it and put your name on the back as verification right?
Then send it as fast as you can and relax and travel to Canada for your vacation!!

Bibiche

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2013
LANDED..........
very soon!!
Congrats bscinto92!! That is awesome news!!! Hope to hear more good news from our November group!!
**********************************************************************************************

I have a question, when they say the processing time for a VO is 9 months, is it 9 months after you've submitted the application (in our case November) or is it once the sponsor has been approved (in our case February). Just curious to see when the 9 months period actually starts. I can't wait to see my hubby!! We've been apart since 338 days!!! Way too long.....it's the longest time ever that we've been separated...he is not from a visa exempt country (so forget about the visitor's visa) and I was not able to visit him sooner as I have someone in my family who is very sick :(
I'll be visiting him next month!!! :D :D :D it gives me energy and courage when i see November applicants being requested to send their passport!! This forum is a blessing for all of us! Hope to see more of us getting our PPR soon!! Keep faith...our turn will soon be here! ;)

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
In non-immigration related news: I had to take my kitty to the vet this morning :(. She's having trouble urinating... this is her second bout with it. Last time they put her on the special Urinary Food (not the cheap stuff!)

Also, in slightly better news, I hit my 30lb weight loss mini-goal! Another 60 to go for me!

honjooshi

Mar 1, 2013
Bibiche, it's 9 months from the date CIC receives your application. Also, remember that the "average processing time" posted on CIC's website is for 80% of applicants, so it's not really the average at all. So if Paris' processing time is 9 months, the average is probably closer to 6-7 months. CPP-Ottawa has a 13 month average posted, but a lot of Americans who go through it are done in 6-8 months. You're probably better off looking at forum spreadsheets and Paris applicant posts.

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
thank you thank you thank you everyonee! : )

i will be going to get my picture taken today. or possibly do it by myself with that epassportphoto.com website. they have an option for the immigration photos for almost every country, which i'm assuming prints them in the exact dimensions they need to be printed lol. i just dont think i have any white walls in my house to take a picture against so i might have to buy some poster board or something lol. i'm super excited to send this in today. it would be amazing if i got my COPR while i was in canada that way i wouldnt have to leave other than have someone drive me over the border and back.... which would be 100% possible since we're going to niagara falls at the end of the month. i was thinking if i could just get the landing process over with while i'm already up there and apply for health insurance and a social insurance number then it would be good to come back and work some more until all of that stuff is finalized, since i can't do pretty much anything without it lol. that way (with my health issues and stuff) i can still go see a doctor while i'm here if neccessary rather than sitting up there waiting to get health insurance in canada.

katelynlc i hope your kitten feels better<3 and congrats to anyone else who received any good news from cic lately!! and anyone who hasnt, your turn is comin up real soon! i'm sure of it : )

PS. libellula... when you say copy ALL pages of your passport you don't mean the blank ones too? do you?

libellula

Jan 18, 2013
bscinto92 said:
thank you thank you thank you everyonee! : )

i will be going to get my picture taken today. or possibly do it by myself with that epassportphoto.com website. they have an option for the immigration photos for almost every country, which i'm assuming prints them in the exact dimensions they need to be printed lol. i just dont think i have any white walls in my house to take a picture against so i might have to buy some poster board or something lol. i'm super excited to send this in today. it would be amazing if i got my COPR while i was in canada that way i wouldnt have to leave other than have someone drive me over the border and back.... which would be 100% possible since we're going to niagara falls at the end of the month. i was thinking if i could just get the landing process over with while i'm already up there and apply for health insurance and a social insurance number then it would be good to come back and work some more until all of that stuff is finalized, since i can't do pretty much anything without it lol. that way (with my health issues and stuff) i can still go see a doctor while i'm here if neccessary rather than sitting up there waiting to get health insurance in canada.

katelynlc i hope your kitten feels better<3 and congrats to anyone else who received any good news from cic lately!! and anyone who hasnt, your turn is comin up real soon! i'm sure of it : )

PS. libellula... when you say copy ALL pages of your passport you don't mean the blank ones too? do you?

hi-
It says on your letter that they sent you submit a clear photo of every page,so I would even submit the blank ones just to be safe!!
You never know when they decide to be sticky about it.
By the way how are you faring being a fledgling hairstylist???

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
CANADIANNA said:
Has anyone under a visitors visa applied for Healthcare? Im living in Alberta and under Alberta Health care Insurance Plan it says you can apply if the first stage is approved and have a valid visitors visa. Just wondering if anyone has done this.
Hi Canadianna,

Yes you can, as long as the visitor's visa is valid for longer than 6 months. You just have to go to a registry with a copy of the visitor's document. They attached my husband's Alberta Health Care to mine. The form you need to complete is on the site or, we went to the AMA and filled out the form there.

Jujubee

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
More good news guys!!!

May 1 My husband and I both received the same email requesting proof that my husband resides in Canada as well as a new Family class CSQ for Quebec. I submitted my app with my Skilled Worker CSQ. Canada says it has to match the PR applcation of sponsor.
May 2 we overnighted it all out to CPP Ottawa
May 3 they requested RCMP fingerprints after I already submitted my FBI record with my initial PR app.

CSQ is running 20 business to process
RCMP check 2 weeks

Hoping to be landing in June just before my 7th month Mark.

Good luck to all

grzybek

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
Warsaw, Poland
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
bscinto92 said:
Absolutely include every page, including the blank ones. Scan the cover too while you're at it.

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
Great. I already sent the package in... didnt include every page. Just the ones i thought were important. Like the ones witj any kind of writing o n them or stamps, the biodata page, the emergency contact page and the very last page with the barcode and my passport number on it. I disnt tjink theyd want the blank pages since theres nothing on them, and i thought ir just be a waste of paper that the visa officer wouldnt even look at. So now my question is now what? Will they just request another copy of my passport?

libellula

Jan 18, 2013
bscinto92 said:
Great. I already sent the package in... didnt include every page. Just the ones i thought were important. Like the ones witj any kind of writing o n them or stamps, the biodata page, the emergency contact page and the very last page with the barcode and my passport number on it. I disnt tjink theyd want the blank pages since theres nothing on them, and i thought ir just be a waste of paper that the visa officer wouldnt even look at. So now my question is now what? Will they just request another copy of my passport?

HI Bscinto-
I realized my response went into the quote on the last post! Look at the bottom of the last response,quote!
but I think you are on your way! :eek:

grzybek

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
Warsaw, Poland
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
bscinto92 said:
If I were in your position, I would resubmit the passport copy, with a note of explanation that you misunderstood the initial instructions. Of course YOU know that the blank pages are blank - but CIC doesn't. That's why you need to prove it to them by showing them every page. I suspect that they will ask you to resubmit anyway, so hopefully you can avoid any delays by doing it now.

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
grzybek said:
If I were in your position, I would resubmit the passport copy, with a note of explanation that you misunderstood the initial instructions. Of course YOU know that the blank pages are blank - but CIC doesn't. That's why you need to prove it to them by showing them every page. I suspect that they will ask you to resubmit anyway, so hopefully you can avoid any delays by doing it now.
Yeah, bscinto92, I thought about it too. YOU know they are blank, but CIC don't.
Best of luck, love! You are almost there! =D

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
Haha yeah i guess if even if they didnt need them it wouldnt have hurt to send them anyway. The worst thing theat could happen is they just throw it on the trash lol. But i just copued all the pages and wrote a note saying that i didnt realize they also needed the blank ones, and wrote my client ID and all other info on it so they can match it up easily. Having my dad send it off after i get to work today!

jainanchal

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2013
margobear96
Congratulations...I was just at Blaine the other evening...lol
did you get a Canada Flag Pin?

Mevakesh
Congratulations! I hope you the address changed by now...even if not...it is still god news :)

katelynlc
congratulations :), few more days hopefully now...

honjooshi
congratulations :)

bscinto92
Congratulations dear! awesome news... :)

m_and_m
Congratulations to you too!

karan1916
Congratulations bud...so happy for you too!

I love it...whole lot of approvals after such a long waits...ones who are left hopefully will get there's soon too :)
Congratulations to all who got approved, and good luck to the rest :)

My wife's ticket has been booked for 18th June...now each days feels like a week...I know I am like this :), but now that I think still feels like :( but, can't complaint...I know this is not the worst...worst is waiting for any update with no timeline to it...

So any things I should be taking care of before she gets here or after she gets here?