Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
bo12 said:
Has anyone's e-cas status changed into "in process" ?
Any changes?
Mine has said 'in process' for around three weeks now, but no further changes yet . . .

And congratulations to William Coates 1) for finishing the process and 2) being post number 1000 to this thread!!

Alex_29

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Good day everyone,

Finally got hold of CIC call center. I have good news and bad news...Good news is that they have received my application according to my tracking number back in late November....Bad news, is that they have not even began processing it!! Really?? According to the call center agent, "they must of forgot about my file, it is very unusual"! For a second, it almost sounded like I won 6/49 :):) (shock and disbelieve). They told me to call back in one month if I do not hear anything...whooo whoooo....what's another month of waiting??? Maybe I will break the record (the longest wait time) for stage 1 approvals!! :):) Exciting times ahead indeed!! :)

I guess, whatever happens, happens for a reason!!

Cheers

bo12

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Alex_29 said:
Good day everyone,

Finally got hold of CIC call center. I have good news and bad news...Good news is that they have received my application according to my tracking number back in late November....Bad news, is that they have not even began processing it!! Really?? According to the call center agent, "they must of forgot about my file, it is very unusual"! For a second, it almost sounded like I won 6/49 :):) (shock and disbelieve). They told me to call back in one month if I do not hear anything...whooo whoooo....what's another month of waiting??? Maybe I will break the record (the longest wait time) for stage 1 approvals!! :):) Exciting times ahead indeed!! :)

Cheers
How could that happen? BUT look into the bright side, at least you have a clue about your file. You will be there soon. Stay strong and good luck.

thedreadedpiper

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2013
Alex_29 said:
Good day everyone,

Cheers
That sucks! I honestly suspect that a bunch of files from late November have been stacked somewhere and overlooked. I know this sounds improbable but I deal daily with U.S. departments that process immigration type applications and NOTHING surprises me any more. They lose files, lose parts of files, mail things to the wrong address, get people mixed up or just take ridiculously long periods of time for no apparent reason ALL the time. I was hoping Canada was better organised but maybe not! Hopefully by calling in it'll prompt someone somewhere to look into it at least. I guess with so many applications things sometimes go awry. Sucks when it seriously affects our lives though....

In terms of wait time I'm up to 96 days so I might be competing with you for longest wait!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
william coates said:
hi Guys,
Just recieved notification from the Buenos Aires VO that my wife's visa has been printed and that we can go and pick up the documents. Have to also redo the two PR card photos as the background wasn't white enough,,,,,,,Thank goodness photoshop is my friend,,,,,, :) But hey ,,,,,,the PR visa process is complete...woo hoo.
Congrats!!! that's impressively fast! your VO really picked up the pace, that's nice to know! good luck with moving and landing!
Sweden

Mevakesh

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
03-11-2012
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013
thedreadedpiper said:
That sucks! I honestly suspect that a bunch of files from late November have been stacked somewhere and overlooked. I know this sounds improbable but I deal daily with U.S. departments that process immigration type applications and NOTHING surprises me any more. They lose files, lose parts of files, mail things to the wrong address, get people mixed up or just take ridiculously long periods of time for no apparent reason ALL the time. I was hoping Canada was better organised but maybe not! Hopefully by calling in it'll prompt someone somewhere to look into it at least. I guess with so many applications things sometimes go awry. Sucks when it seriously affects our lives though....

In terms of wait time I'm up to 96 days so I might be competing with you for longest wait!
Some November folks really got screwed over. Our files were sent to the Ottawa pilot office and sat there. If they really wanted to ease the workload at Mississauga site, they should have sent the most current batches of mail to Ottawa. So unfair and disorganized. Such a waste of time. I hope we all get a break at local VOs.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
thedreadedpiper said:

Hopefully you are approved already, you just don't know about it!! and next thing you hear is something from Sydney! :) but calling usually does prompt some kind of answer, when your file has been there for so long, so it's a good idea.

Hopefully tomorrow you will know! (once your husband has been convinced to call!).
Sweden

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
hey 1000 post....
grzybek said:
And congratulations to William Coates 1) for finishing the process and 2) being post number 1000 to this thread!!
ha ha......and thanks sweden
Sweden said:
Congrats!!! that's impressively fast! your VO really picked up the pace, that's nice to know! good luck with moving and landing!
Sweden
I'm heading back to Canada end of april and the wife and kids will follow end of august. It is certianly good to know that the application process is done,,,well its at the VO,,,just have to pick it up which we will do when the kids passports are ready,,,,probably this week,,,,,kill two birds with one stone...And for you guys that are checking ecas and wondering whats going on.........Don't...........!!! Not reliable at all when it comes to checking your progress.... Point in fact.....My wifes ecas has been in progress for some time,,,still is........But wait,,,,,,,visa printed and ready for pickup,,,,,,,,should probably at least read decsion made.......no?I know some apps hear are dragging along through the stage 1 deal...but just because you havn't heard anything dosn't mean they aren't working on it....THEY DON'T ALWAYS ADVISE WITH "AOR" Hell I would go as far to say that in some cases nothing is known till stage 2 is almost complete......Emails get lost all the time or aren't sent at all.....The VO officers in Buenos Aires aren't even communicating with each other on a daily basis. I received some mails that showed they were out of sync at times......Patience is a big factor and i know how hard it is,,,,just read some of my earlier posts.... :) Buenos Aires has 15 months to complete applications,,,,mine was done in 4 / 5 weeks,,,,,,so what they post and what happens actually can be very different. CIC has standing orders to complete spousal applications in 6 months or less......November / December are tough months,,,,christmas,,,holidays,,,,etc....I'm sure our spread sheet will be all blue in no time and then green....... :)

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
thedreadedpiper said:

Comparing to CIC , US immigration handles the application better . from student VISA, H1B1, GREEN CARD & Citizenship - i dealt with US immigration , it goes by the date received .. Here it's opposite . No order ...

thedreadedpiper

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2013
shanmba1174 said:
Comparing to CIC , US immigration handles the application better . from student life to Citizenship - i dealt with US immigration , it goes by the date received .. Here it's opposite . No order ...
In theory, but not always! Many people still have long unexplained delays on very straightforward cases. Just like * in theory* it's by date received in Canada too. Most people have a smooth ride, but when they're dealing with so many cases, stuff happens sometimes.

I figure maybe the universe has seen fit to give me some first hand experience with frustration so I'm more empathetic in my job! Pity I'll be out of a job if the processing takes too long!

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
We have now done this both ways... five years ago I applied for a K3Visa/PR in the US to be with my husband. Neither process is easy, but so far the US system was far superior in ease of application and in having a data base system that gave some reasonable information on how your application was being processed. I also believe that the US system has seen more improvements/efficiencies over that past few years. No system is without glitches, but there seems no rhyme nor reason to how Canada processes our applications. I still feel blessed every single day to be waiting with my husband this time... we were apart for nine months waiting when we were waiting on my US approvals...it was a VERY trying time.

jainanchal

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-03-2013
File Transfer...
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2013
helllo fellow members,

I hope you must have read this earlier, but just wanted to bump it up...
people waiting for the Stage 1 approval, send emails to the following addresS:

"if you applied before the date on the processing times page, you can inform CPC-Mississauga by choosing one of the links below. Please include the Sponsor's name, date of birth, and UCI Number or Application Number if known in all correspondence. You will not receive a reply to questions or enquiries about other topics."

Application past processing times
- email: CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca
- subject: Application past processing times
also, in my case, on calling last Friday, they did say that my file was not even looked at, and Sunday I had the email from ott...saying the file has been transferred to New Delhi and sponsorship approval has been done...phone call doesn't hurt at all either...I am guessing, it is helping the application moving up...

nzandcanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
No AOR received
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
Hi All,

I went to my local MP when the processing date was updated on Thursday. She investigated it further by calling a special immigration line for MP's and senators. She was told by the immigration agent that my application (received Nov 28th) was actually processed in Jan 23rd, but that someone cancelled the letter/email that was supposed to be sent to me to notify me. Apparently my file has been sitting in an office since that time and has not been sent to the Sydney VO. Had I not investigated it, there would have been no further action.

For all the Canadian sponsors who are still awaiting approval.... PLEASE go to your local MP and have them investigate. Hopefully if enough of us do this someone will take notice. This mishandling of our files is completely unacceptable! So far there is no accountability.

I'm still waiting to hear officially from CIC that my application has been process and that we have moved on to stage 2. Will keep you posted.

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
Happy Tuesday Everyone!

I'm trying to log into ecas this morning, and it seems to be sending me in a loop. The page is never actually loading once I click past "Simplified Application Process". It won't go to the next page... I am taking this to mean that they're updating my file LOL.

Glad to see a lot of good news again this week! :)

nzandcanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
No AOR received
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
nzandcanada said:
Hi All,

I went to my local MP when the processing date was updated on Thursday. She investigated it further by calling a special immigration line for MP's and senators. She was told by the immigration agent that my application (received Nov 28th) was actually processed in Jan 23rd, but that someone cancelled the letter/email that was supposed to be sent to me to notify me. Apparently my file has been sitting in an office since that time and has not been sent to the Sydney VO. Had I not investigated it, there would have been no further action.

For all the Canadian sponsors who are still awaiting approval.... PLEASE go to your local MP and have them investigate. Hopefully if enough of us do this someone will take notice. This mishandling of our files is completely unacceptable! So far there is no accountability.

I'm still waiting to hear officially from CIC that my application has been process and that we have moved on to stage 2. Will keep you posted.
Just got our Stage 1 approval!