+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

gtvisa2020

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
tan_sur69 said:
Congratulations, Thank you for the update, from the spreadsheet i see that you live and work in USA.
Did they ask why you want to move to Canada from USA, and your reply?
Thank you. Yes, the officer did ask that question and I shared the true reasons. I am sorry if this answer is vague.

lyndzkiel

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
I am losing my hope now...Nsoi changed their point system...before i got 68 points but after they released the new point system last may 19 now i got only 66 points.i lose 2points for the work experience.they will consider 6yrs experience ad 15points but my experience is 5years and 8 months. what i have to do now to consider me in getting the 15points?i am still currently employed...

hamedh

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
lyndzkiel said:
I am losing my hope now...Nsoi changed their point system...before i got 68 points but after they released the new point system last may 19 now i got only 66 points.i lose 2points for the work experience.they will consider 6yrs experience ad 15points but my experience is 5years and 8 months. what i have to do now to consider me in getting the 15points?i am still currently employed...
Don’t give up, if your work experiences was 5 years and 8 month at the time of submitting application, then considering long time passed from then and also till your nomination it should have been reached over 6 years. I think they will look at your current points. Nevertheless, getting 67 point based on FSW is an obligation to get into the pool so I don’t think anything has changed

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
aro12 said:
Hi, I have applied to the Nova Scotia PNP and my file reached on 2nd March 2015. Since 12 weeks are up and I havent yet heard back from them, what should I do? Do I wite an email to them asking the status of my application. My total points are 72 and I have also created an express entry profile. Please advise.

Hi
Check the spreadsheet and you will get your answer. The current application processing date is 23th january.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gtvisa2020 said:
Well, your timing couldn't be better.

I would like to share the news that I received and accepted my NS nomination this morning.

Here's the story: After AOR, officer reached out to me for additional documents. Request was for usual docs such as updated financial and credit card statements, why NS?, what research I have done?, and updated IELTS report.

As I mentioned here earlier, my old IELTS report expires on 16th May(test date)/22nd May (report date, surprisingly MyCIC takes the report date as the begging of 2years validity) and officer requested a new IELTS report. So hastily I took the test and didn't get the report within the allowed time frame to respond to NS.

So officer issued an "Intend to Refuse" and was kind enough to clarify that I will have 10 working days to submit the new IELTS report before rejecting and closing the application. I submitted the report three days after I received the "Intend to Refuse" letter. After two days, this morning I received the nomination.

As soon as I accepted the nomination, my points increased in MyCIC. Now I am waiting for the next draw. I assume, I would not be invited even if there is a draw tomorrow, because of the draw system cut-off time. Anyhooo, I will keep you all posted.

Good luck! Immigration officers in NS office are strict but kind.
Congrats gtvisa2020

jagdeep84

Jun 2, 2014
gtvisa2020 said:

I would like to share the news that I received and accepted my NS nomination this morning.

Here's the story: After AOR, officer reached out to me for additional documents. Request was for usual docs such as updated financial and credit card statements, why NS?, what research I have done?, and updated IELTS report.

As I mentioned here earlier, my old IELTS report expires on 16th May(test date)/22nd May (report date, surprisingly MyCIC takes the report date as the begging of 2years validity) and officer requested a new IELTS report. So hastily I took the test and didn't get the report within the allowed time frame to respond to NS.

So officer issued an "Intend to Refuse" and was kind enough to clarify that I will have 10 working days to submit the new IELTS report before rejecting and closing the application. I submitted the report three days after I received the "Intend to Refuse" letter. After two days, this morning I received the nomination.

As soon as I accepted the nomination, my points increased in MyCIC. Now I am waiting for the next draw. I assume, I would not be invited even if there is a draw tomorrow, because of the draw system cut-off time. Anyhooo, I will keep you all posted.

CONGO gtvisa2020 , I was following up your story and really happy that You succeeded, BestOfLuck Buddy.

-Jags

Change

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015 SINP EE
Doc's Request.
01-09-2015 (SINP)
Nomination.....
25-09-2015
AOR Received.
ITA:23-10-2015, e_APR Submitted:03-11-2015, AOR:03-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Done
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
gtvisa2020 said:

Congrats friend. There is indeed a reward for persistence. This will encourage others in this forum to learn to hold on holding up their heads and never give up so easily. on this immigration matter and other areas of our lives.
Change!!!

Change

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015 SINP EE
Doc's Request.
01-09-2015 (SINP)
Nomination.....
25-09-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Done
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
hamedh said:
Guys, It seems to be a great week. finally I got my AOR after a long while. I'm very happy ;D ;D ;D
Congrats hamedh. it is indeed a great week of good news to all in this forum.

abhishishir

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Since there is positivity around. Although I got rejected in nsnp because my brother stays in Alberta. I improved my ielts score to 8 and ee CSR to 446 now. Hopeful and closer towards ita.
NSNP's loss :p
Don't lose hope
keep trying
U will get there :D

Change

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015 SINP EE
Doc's Request.
01-09-2015 (SINP)
Nomination.....
25-09-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Done
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
abhishishir said:
Since there is positivity around. Although I got rejected in nsnp because my brother stays in Alberta. I improved my ielts score to 8 and ee CSR to 446 now. Hopeful and closer towards ita.
NSNP's loss :p
Don't lose hope
keep trying
U will get there :D
That is the spirit brother! Staying positive. I pray you will succeed in achieving your desire.

Change

hemanthk1986

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
silasnjita said:
Hi hemanth1986,

Hope you are OK. Did the officer send you an 'Intent to refuse' mail? Did he/she also ask for additional documents before rejecting your applications?

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Not received any email from NSNP till now. Awaiting update from them on the application status.

Mkhan78

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2015
Nomination.....
Soon In Sha Allah
AOR Received.
Soon In Sha Allah
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Many Congratulations @Hamedh.... Hoping to get mine soon..

hamedh said:
Guys, It seems to be a great week. finally I got my AOR after a long while. I'm very happy ;D ;D ;D