+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

hamedh

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
abhishishir said:
Since there is positivity around. Although I got rejected in nsnp because my brother stays in Alberta. I improved my ielts score to 8 and ee CSR to 446 now. Hopeful and closer towards ita.
NSNP's loss :p
Don't lose hope
keep trying
U will get there :D
congratulation man, now this worth more than past, wish you best :)

hamedh

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Mkhan78 said:
Many Congratulations @ Hamedh.... Hoping to get mine soon..
Thank you very much, surly next is your time. this wonderful week is still current so hop you get it today

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
caibmer said:
I have been in touch with NSOI and they have told me that almost 70 nominations have been issued till date.
Just 70? That means there is still hope for people. Thanks for this info.

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
gtvisa2020 said:
Well, your timing couldn't be better.

I would like to share the news that I received and accepted my NS nomination this morning.

Here's the story: After AOR, officer reached out to me for additional documents. Request was for usual docs such as updated financial and credit card statements, why NS?, what research I have done?, and updated IELTS report.

As I mentioned here earlier, my old IELTS report expires on 16th May(test date)/22nd May (report date, surprisingly MyCIC takes the report date as the begging of 2years validity) and officer requested a new IELTS report. So hastily I took the test and didn't get the report within the allowed time frame to respond to NS.

So officer issued an "Intend to Refuse" and was kind enough to clarify that I will have 10 working days to submit the new IELTS report before rejecting and closing the application. I submitted the report three days after I received the "Intend to Refuse" letter. After two days, this morning I received the nomination.

As soon as I accepted the nomination, my points increased in MyCIC. Now I am waiting for the next draw. I assume, I would not be invited even if there is a draw tomorrow, because of the draw system cut-off time. Anyhooo, I will keep you all posted.

Good luck! Immigration officers in NS office are strict but kind.
WOW!!! Congratulations on your nomination, you are so lucky and i am happy for you. :-* :-*

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
hamedh said:
Guys, It seems to be a great week. finally I got my AOR after a long while. I'm very happy ;D ;D ;D
Finally Hamedh has received his AOR!!! ;D ;D ;D. Congrats dear.

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
aro12 said:
Hi, I have applied to the Nova Scotia PNP and my file reached on 2nd March 2015. Since 12 weeks are up and I havent yet heard back from them, what should I do? Do I wite an email to them asking the status of my application. My total points are 72 and I have also created an express entry profile. Please advise.
My dear no need to send them any email, its early days yet. They are still sending AOR to January applicants. Remember, patience is the name of the game.

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
abhishishir said:
Since there is positivity around. Although I got rejected in nsnp because my brother stays in Alberta. I improved my ielts score to 8 and ee CSR to 446 now. Hopeful and closer towards ita.
NSNP's loss :p
Don't lose hope
keep trying
U will get there :D
I love your spirit bro.It will surely end well for you, see you in Canada ;D ;D

caibmer

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 11, 2015 PoF
Nomination.....
Jan 12, 2015
Med's Request
April 1, 2015
Med's Done....
April 15, 2015
Passport Req..
May 23, 2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
A friend of mine got her nomination last week, she was one of the first applicants to NSDEE. She had a long journey from AOR to Nomination. The officer was not convinced she has 67 points because of some issues with her experience letter. They requested the employer to contact them directly, the employer contacted them and provided all the clarifications regarding her work experience.

The Nominee officer contacted her once again regarding her points, this time NSOI was miscalculating her experience. She sent them a detailed email regarding her points and work experience. Finally she got her nomination last week.

If you are right don't give up, try to present your point strongly, slowly but surely things will work out.

elyduverge

Apr 28, 2015
Re: Nova Scotia Nominee Program – File # xxxxx

Dear Ms.

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program, Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry Stream and intends to refuse your application.

In order to continue processing your application, additional information is required to be submitted to NSOI within 15 business days of the date of this correspondence. The requested information may be submitted via email, but for ease of reference please ensure that you quote your name and file #

Additional information required:

1. Provide your IMM0008 Generic form from your 2014 Federal Skilled Worker Program application.

2. What do you know about Nova Scotia? Why would you want to uproot your life and move here?

3. What do you know about the certification process to work as an accountant in Nova Scotia? Have you started this process?

4. Why are your mailing and residential addresses different?

Should you fail to submit the requested information by June 10, 2015, your application will be refused and your file closed.

If your situation changes and you choose to reapply to the NSNP, we would be happy to assess your new application with the eligibility criteria in place at that time.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Nominee Officer ES
Nova Scotia Nominee Program

ps42166

May 22, 2015
Dear All,
I just created my user and entered in spreadsheet.
I have create my EE on 4th Jan and my total point is 419.
I received mail from NSNP 14-May-2015 as below.

"This is to acknowledge receipt of your application under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Nova Scotia Demand:Express Entry Stream on January 22, 2015. Your application has passed our completeness check and will now be placed in the queue for assessment.
Your case ID is xxxxxxx. Please refer to this number when corresponding with our office.
One of the steps required in the nomination process for Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry is for you to be registered in Express Entry with Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
To confirm that you have done so please e-mail this office,nsnp@novascotia.ca , with your Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code.

For further information on how to register with Express Entry please go to this website:

If there is anything that requires further information/clarification, a Nova Scotia Nominee Program Officer may be in touch with you.

Nova Scotia Office of Immigration"

What is the next step..Do I need to update my EE profile with NSNP case id and wait for next draw ?
Do I need to mail my EE profile number and Job Seeker Validation Code now or after the draw ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
ps42166

Change

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015 SINP EE
Doc's Request.
01-09-2015 (SINP)
Nomination.....
25-09-2015
AOR Received.
ITA:23-10-2015, e_APR Submitted:03-11-2015, AOR:03-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Done
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
ps42166 said:
Dear All,

"This is to acknowledge receipt of your application under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Nova Scotia Demand:Express Entry Stream on January 22, 2015. Your application has passed our completeness check and will now be placed in the queue for assessment.
Your case ID is xxxxxxx. Please refer to this number when corresponding with our office.
One of the steps required in the nomination process for Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry is for you to be registered in Express Entry with Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
To confirm that you have done so please e-mail this office,nsnp @ novascotia.ca , with your Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code.

For further information on how to register with Express Entry please go to this website:

If there is anything that requires further information/clarification, a Nova Scotia Nominee Program Officer may be in touch with you.

What is the next step..Do I need to update my EE profile with NSNP case id and wait for next draw ?
Do I need to mail my EE profile number and Job Seeker Validation Code now or after the draw ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
ps42166
Hello ps42166,
The mail you got from NS is the AOR. You need to reply the e-mail by sending your EE profile number and job seekers validation code to NS if that has not been done when you submitted your application. All you will then need to do is to patiently await your nomination.

Congrats!

Change

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015 SINP EE
Doc's Request.
01-09-2015 (SINP)
Nomination.....
25-09-2015
AOR Received.
ITA:23-10-2015, e_APR Submitted:03-11-2015, AOR:03-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Done
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
ps42166 said:
Dear All,

To confirm that you have done so please e-mail this office,nsnp @ novascotia.ca , with your Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
ps42166
Hello friend,
I just checked the spreadsheet, you are on s/n 68, you indicated that your application was received at NS on 2/4/2015, with NOC 2174. Now this AOR you posted states that your application was received January 22!
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Is there an error somewhere????????

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
ps42166 said:
Dear All,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
ps42166
Congratulations on your AOR, No need to update your ee profile with your case id. Just email your ee profile No. and job seeker validation code to NSOI

Nov 21, 2014
Timeline:

March 24 - AOR Received

May 8 - No message from their office so I send them a message that I think that I am not having enough points because I have only 65 so I sent them my application number of my ongoing updated WES Credential Evaluation where I can get 2 more points, reference number of IELTS this June for retake, NCLEX-RN exam result status, I also told them that I have no relatives in Nova Scotia but I got a new friend on a social network who used to lived in the same province where I live in the Philippines.

May 21 - I got an email stating that I did not get 67 points. Education 19, Language 19, Work Exp 15, Age 12 = 65 points. They said that they will choose only few and best to contribute to economy... my application was refused and my file has been closed. That letter will be mailed to my address.

May 22 - I send them a message:
Case ID: XX
Dear Officer,

I am writing this letter to inform you that I informed the NSNP XXXX @ XXXX.ca though email on May 8, 2015 that I can get a total points of 67 as I am going to received my newly updated Credential Assessment soon as I will get 21 points for education and I am going to retake IELTS to get more points. (attached files of my WES credential application and IELTS retake application number, and my NCLEX-RN exam application status.)

I also included on my email to NSNP that I have no family but I have a strong connection in Canada, I meet a new friend, a strong connection which can add up to my points to get a total of 67 points.

I was waiting for the respond from your office on my email but I did not received any response if what is the best thing that I need to do to be guided with the application process.

According to the Criteria and Requirements for the Principal Applicant on the Adaptability and Intention to settle section, it states that the applicant should demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the Province, your genuine intention and ability to live in Nova Scotia. Positive indicators may include employment, residence, visits, study, family connections, community support, and business activities. Please consider the following reasons that I can be economically established in Nova Scotia:

1. Recently, I met a new friend who is a friend of friend who lives in Halifax, Nova Scotia who also came from the same school where I studied and same province where I live in the Philippines. I think that she could help me to know about how to settle in Nova Scotia. Her name is XX, she is also a nurse with our common friends, XX (a friend and my former head nurse in XX Hospital), XX (a friend and supervisor at XX Hospital). XX and I communicate through a social network. I am confident to find a job easily because I had experienced working in different kinds of company in the past 7 years. I have also settlement fund to study or have training to get the right requirements. My friend is working in a home care as caregiver in Halifax, I consider that job too while I am completing the requirements to be a nurse in Nova Scotia.

2. I am currently working on with the qualification that I needed to work as a nurse in Nova Scotia Board of Nursing. Recently, I took NCLEX RN to ease my application to get into the bridging program. To work as a nurse I need to take this steps to begin with IELTS Academic, Jurisprudence exam, NCLEX-RN and finally for the bridging program in Dalhousie University. While waiting for my qualification to be completed, I can work part- time as caregiver, service crew, teacher, nurse assistant and other jobs which are posted on Craiglist website or other Canada job website in Nova Scotia/Job Bank.

3. My friend, XX is working as caregiver in Nursing home at XX - Halifax, Nova Scotia where I consider working soon. I have to take short courses in caregiving or health care in Nova Scotia Canada prior to apply at Nursing Home at XX . In craiglist job website, there are also different private company and hiring for part-time and full time job. I am planning to take bridging program in Dalhousie University to be a nurse, I plan to take part-time or online job during that time.

Once I completed my qualification and found a job as nurse in Nova Scotia, that is the time for me to take loan for housing. I am single right now so when I got stable job in Nova Scotia I also wanted to settle down. Canada has a lot more things to offer based on the quality of life compared here in the Philippines so I really wanted to settle in Nova Scotia, Canada with my family in the future.

Nova Scotia is in the southern part of Canada so I am not worried about the cold temperature all year round. I love sea foods which I think Nova Scotia can offer. I grew up near water so I think Nova Scotia is pretty similar to the hometown where I grew up. I am also interested to see the breathtaking parks and world heritage which are really compelling and educational. I want to adapt the rich culture of Canada from European/English descent when I become a resident but I would still keep my culture at the same time as Asian.

It's been five years that I've been waiting for this opportunity. My application was refused last year for Federal Skilled Worker because I got only 64 points, my former co-worker in the Philippines lives in Toronto, that is why I chose that city. Last year also, I submitted my application in NSNP 2014 but it was capped so I decided to apply again this year. I prefer Nova Scotia because I think that it would give me more opportunity to find a job since it was stated on the in demand occupation list that nurses are in demand in Nova Scotia. I have better reasons now to live in Nova Scotia for good as I have a strong connection through my friend, XX. I am hoping that your office would give me a chance. Thank you for your consideration and support!

Express Entry Profile Number: XX
Job Seeker Validation Code: XX

English 19
Education 19
Experience 15
Age 12
Arranged employment 0
Adaptability 5 - I don't have relatives but I met a new friend recently who is a permanent resident in Halifax who also came from the same province where I live. We are related through my friends and supervisors on my previous job in XX Hospital. I consider her as foster sister when I land in Nova Scotia.

Total - 67+
*I am going to received my updated Credential Assessment next month and I am hoping for higher score on my new IELTS exam this June 13.

Sincerely,

XX