+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"not declared child on his PR application"

Jd2004

Aug 7, 2017
If this child is a dependent child, according to the current IRCC definition, you have no choice. You must declare her. If you have no parental custody (court ordered), IRCC may then accept that she be then removed from the application. This is up to IRCC to decide...
Thank you for your advice. However, I don’t have custody to the child. In my country, the mother has sole custody if the parents are not married. That is why the mother had the freedom to bring my daughter in the US without my knowledge. I don’t think her American husband will let the child be examined for my pr application.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you for your advice. However, I don’t have custody to the child. In my country, the mother has sole custody if the parents are not married. That is why the mother had the freedom to bring my daughter in the US without my knowledge. I don’t think her American husband will let the child be examined for my pr application.
I believe that the principle is that you still declare her as non-accompanying and then provide a letter of explanation to say that that the mother has sole custody (explain why, referring to the legal situation for your country). As a result of having no custodial rights, you are not able to provide any documents or a medical examination. IRCC should then be able to exclude her from the application, although you may have to sign a document accepting that you can NEVER sponsor her, even if something happens to her mother.

Jd2004

Aug 7, 2017
I believe that the principle is that you still declare her as non-accompanying and then provide a letter of explanation to say that that the mother has sole custody (explain why, referring to the legal situation for your country). As a result of having no custodial rights, you are not able to provide any documents or a medical examination. IRCC should then be able to exclude her from the application, although you may have to sign a document accepting that you can NEVER sponsor her, even if something happens to her mother.
She is already an American Citizen so I don’t think she would want to come and migrate to Canada. In case her mother dies, she would prefer to stay with her maternal grandparents. Is there a way for cic to discover that I have an undeclared child?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
She is already an American Citizen so I don’t think she would want to come and migrate to Canada. In case her mother dies, she would prefer to stay with her maternal grandparents. Is there a way for cic to discover that I have an undeclared child?
Not declaring your child would be immigration fraud. Don't be stupid.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
It's better to declare and exclude your child from the application.
And I think it's better to come clean to your wife. She needs to know that you have a daughter.

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Gonna echo what the above 2 posters said. The consequences of you potentially getting caught for immigration fraud far out weigh the risk you are taking by not declaring her. If you get caught, your wife will find out about the child anyway. Your own and your family's PR status will also be called into question. The risk just isn't worth it at all. No matter how miniscule the chance of CIC finding out is, the possible consequences are just too great.

Jd2004

Aug 7, 2017
Gonna echo what the above 2 posters said. The consequences of you potentially getting caught for immigration fraud far out weigh the risk you are taking by not declaring her. If you get caught, your wife will find out about the child anyway. Your own and your family's PR status will also be called into question. The risk just isn't worth it at all. No matter how miniscule the chance of CIC finding out is, the possible consequences are just too great.
Thanks for all your responses. I have requested for her birth certificate to see if my name is stated on it. Because I saw her passport application and father’s name is left blank. And her mother doesn’t want to send a copy.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I am in the process of applying for PR. I am confused whether to declare my child from my past relationship. She is now residing in the US and there’s no way her mom would allow her to be examined with my application. My wife doesn’t know about my daughter. What shall I do?
Why are you hiding your daughter from your wife? Do you really think it will be good for a healthy and successful marriage, for you to continue hiding your secret child the rest of your life?

Also when your daughter is older, she may want some kind of relationship with her father so may reach out to you at which point your wife would find out anyways. Better you disclose it to her now and get it over with, rather then her finding out later on her own and realizing you lied to her all these years.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Thanks for all your responses. I have requested for her birth certificate to see if my name is stated on it. Because I saw her passport application and father’s name is left blank. And her mother doesn’t want to send a copy.
Why? She's your child. You must declare her on your application! If you don't then as has been said above you are committing immigration fraud which is an offence. You could have your PR refused and face a ban. Even years later you could be found out and have your PR revoked and be deported. Do you want that?

As others have said, you need to stop lying to your wife as well. What way is that to start a marriage with a secret child?

Jd2004

Aug 7, 2017
Why? She's your child. You must declare her on your application! If you don't then as has been said above you are committing immigration fraud which is an offence. You could have your PR refused and face a ban. Even years later you could be found out and have your PR revoked and be deported. Do you want that?

As others have said, you need to stop lying to your wife as well. What way is that to start a marriage with a secret child?
The real problem here is that the child’s mother or even the child will not agree to be examined. They can’t even give me a copy of her birth certificate. My wife will understand it I know, she’ll get mad but she’ll eventually forgive me.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
The real problem here is that the child’s mother or even the child will not agree to be examined. They can’t even give me a copy of her birth certificate. My wife will understand it I know, she’ll get mad but she’ll eventually forgive me.
That will probably be ok. As long as you declare the child, you can explain in the PR app the child is under sole custody of the mother, and she refuses to allow child to do medical exam so it will be physically impossible for you to do. So you can request to exclude the child from the app. You will also need to include a personal affidavit that you understand and accept this means you can never sponsor the child in the future.

IRCC may ask for some evidence the mother is being uncooperative, but in the end they should allow the exclusion.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
My partner has 6 children, one of whom was a dependent when we applied. The 17 year old decided he was not interested in coming to Canada with us, so we excluded him from the application by writing an affidavit stating that he understood that his child could never be sponsored and that the child would not agree to undergo a medical exam.

Jd2004

Aug 7, 2017
That will probably be ok. As long as you declare the child, you can explain in the PR app the child is under sole custody of the mother, and she refuses to allow child to do medical exam so it will be physically impossible for you to do. So you can request to exclude the child from the app. You will also need to include a personal affidavit that you understand and accept this means you can never sponsor the child in the future.

IRCC may ask for some evidence the mother is being uncooperative, but in the end they should allow the exclusion.
Thank you for this. I started communicating with the mother so I could have evidence that she’s not allowing the child to undergo medical examination.

Jd2004

Aug 7, 2017
My partner has 6 children, one of whom was a dependent when we applied. The 17 year old decided he was not interested in coming to Canada with us, so we excluded him from the application by writing an affidavit stating that he understood that his child could never be sponsored and that the child would not agree to undergo a medical exam.
This is very helpful. thank you for sharing your experience.

ezaga1

May 8, 2018
Hello Guys, I and my partner had our first child whom we gave for adoption to our in-laws because they did not have any male child and they are quite old. Do I need to declare this in my immigration application or include him as a dependant?