+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOT CANADA.......

bkuper

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Hi rupeshhari
From the online reports I've read, there are about 6,000-10,000 per year, but I think that figure includes the primary applicant plus family members. Generally, that number has gone up over the years, especially because of political instability, crime growth etc.
South Africans tend to favour countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA.

shabegger

Jul 13, 2009
For what it's worth, I spent a good bit of time looking at the Not Canada web site --on one hand, it's worth thinking about. Imagine yourself in a new country, new climate, new customs, new manners, and you have to go find a good job. Of course there are going to be people in that country already who can do your job, and maybe there is some institutional and personal prejudice against you; it might be tough to get yourself hired over other, more local people. Everywhere is like that, and in my experience (I was a student in Toronto), Canada is too but less so than most places. You might be one of the people who hates it -- imagine all of the above, and then a gray, bitter winter and expensive, bland food and everyone walking around in a coat staring at the ground.

I think a lot of it depends on what you expect. My personal hope (beyond getting my visa approved, please) is that when I go to Canada I can simply find an acceptable job, right away, that will let me and my family live without using our savings. That will give me time to find a better job at leisure, and my wife a relaxed period to pass the Canadian nursing qualifications.

The Not Canada site is driven by bitterness and ignorance. I read a very interesting thread started by an American doctor working in Nova Scotia who described his wish to move to Canada (to work in a fair health system), how he prepared beforehand, fit in quite well, accepted Canada and loved his work there even though he made less money. The three or four people (Not Canada only has about 6 regular posters) who respond to everything not only couldn't accept this, they didn't believe him. They questioned his motives, refusing to believe an American doctor would accept less pay in Canada, and eventually deciding that he must have committed serious malpractice in the States. They questioned his identity; the doctor gave them his name and how to check his current licensing online; they discovered that he was also faculty at Dalhousie University (which is normal for medical schools, they have large numbers of normal doctors appointed as occasional instructors) and accused him of making everything up, etc. etc. All of this was done in the rudest manner, and showed a small group of people who were simply unable to believe a normal, happy story, and were ignorant of how the educational system works in North America.

There was another person who mentioned how he went to school in Canada and the States, graduated with a PhD, and got a good job in Canada that paid more than the U.S. (I think it was about $80,000). The regulars at Not Canada couldn't believe that this was an entry-level salary for a PhD (in fact, it's rather high), and spent their time making fun of the person for wasting his time getting an education and a good job in a field that he loved.

In other words, the people at Not Canada don't really understand how things work, there. They don't understand Western educational institutions, or what is possible and realistic. On or two of them actually brag that they didn't waste their time getting a Masters degree in Canada. They can't believe that people would do something that doesn't make them rich, probably because they went to Canada expecting to become wealthy. Don't go to Canada to get rich, go there to be comfortable and to enjoy the equality of education and opportunity that you and your children will receive. They can't accept that many immigrants are successful in Canada -- I don't know why this is, because I don't know them myself. I have no doubt at all that there is racism and discrimination in Canada, it's not a perfect country. Many people will go there and fail, or feel like they fail. But at the same time, it accepts huge numbers of immigrants, it gives them health insurance, free language training, counseling for credential licensing, and much, much, more. A former Premier of British Columbia was born in the Punjab and lived there until he was 18 or so. He arrived in Canada as an adult and worked as a manual laborer. Now he's in the national government. How many of us can say our country would have a man, or woman, like that in charge of one of its largest provinces, or as a minister?

I certainly can't.

Ra00

May 29, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the purpose of this site is to discourage immigrants....
they fool didn't even know that economy bases on growth rate and due to less growth rate Canadian Officials are allowing immigrants... accumulating multi-nation talent...

sridas

Jul 18, 2009
those at notcanada thought that they will get wealth in canada by JUST TURNING SNOW AND ICE. These people should be disposed of their PR. they r a burden for the canadian govt. a lot of people r really interested to work hard for a better future in canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have heard about notcanada that they delete positive stories but I don't really know for sure. What little I have read there, they were expecting somebody to wait for them at the airport with a red carpet.

valioiko

Star Member
Jul 27, 2008
Leon said:
I have heard about notcanada that they delete positive stories but I don't really know for sure. What little I have read there, they were expecting somebody to wait for them at the airport with a red carpet.
VOILA!

Hot-Lier

May 27, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-4-2012
AOR Received.
17-4-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2011
Med's Request
07-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-09-2012
@ Simplesimon...As for Racism, one needs also to look at one self and see what have I done to integrate myself into the society that I have chosen to adopt ?

First of all we also have to analyze that what is our attitude in our current social circle towards miniorties and etc. I am not pro western society but still have sure that they are more flexible to accept others. The same justice that you do with miniorities in your land that you will face as a minority, somewhere else.

hellovn

Jul 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all we also have to analyze that what is our attitude in our current social circle towards miniorties and etc. I am not pro western society but still have sure that they are more flexible to accept others. The same justice that you do with miniorities in your land that you will face as a minority, somewhere else.
Racism is everywhere. In my country, xxx, it is worse. The people in a village do not like other people in other villages. The people in a city don't like the people in other cities. The people in the north do not like the people in the south. For the arabic country, the racist is worse as my friends telling me.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think that the website notcanada is getting so much attention here, which it does not deserve at all. why r we wasting our time to discuss about something we don't care. u will find people all around the world who r jealous of other people's achievements. and we don't even know that people who r regularly posting in the notcanada actually live in canada or not. maybe they r a bunch of some failures, who now want to discourage others.

racism is a reality and we have to live with that. but then at least nobody in canada will ask me o nybody else his/her caste/religion. and if we work hard and become succesfull, they will surely respect us. that is what i have heard from my relatives, who live in canada. and they r there from more than 20 years. i have never heard them saying anything negative about canada.

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Please check the website notcanada.com carefully. It has got green card of USA advertised all over and if you click any of these advertisements it will take you to usafis.org. This is a consultancy where you can register for US green card lottery for a hefty fee. However, one can participate in this lottery through www.uscis.gov for absolutely free. Any agency/lawyer/ consultancy is of NO USE for this lottery system as no one can make you qualify for this if you actually don't. No matter how much money you pay.
I know everything about this as I have been to USA for some time, moreover, my mother-in-law, who stays is Sanjose applied for our GC.
To my understanding, this is just a technique to promote usafis.org, as process for Canadian PR is much simple, easy and faster than US GC.
Nothing in this world comes free. We all have to work hard for most of the good things to happen.

Regards
joy

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
That was a great piece of thought joy. Thank you.

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
One more update. just checked the website www.notcanada.com
All negetive stuffs has diappeared. It's full of different kinds of advertisements. Very fishy indeed!

Regards
joy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It looks to me they just have google ads. It looks like google has picked for them some different immigration sites, including Canada and UK immigration.

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Check several times and you will notice the difference. I checked the site 4/5 times and found different things everytime. Last time all of their forums and articles vanished.

Regards
joy

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Leon said:
I hope the site is not closed.
Unfortunately, there'll always be people who are expecting red carpet and NOTCANADA did serve its purpose to warn such people, the risks of immigration.