+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOT CANADA.......

JOLTBOLT

Jul 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, I have received a request to send my passport for visa stamping. Although this seems like good news, I am very apprehensive after doing a little bit of research on the job and employment prospects in Canada. I found far more forums and articals that are negative than that are actually positive.Like this for example www.notcanada.com .

I was wondering what other members of this forum think about this issue. Please post your thoughts.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
that's old news.
best thing to do is get your visa, go to canada and see for yourself. if you don't like it there, you can always go back to your country.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
buddy,

don't you think the name of the website itself is negative??? why should a forum be negative from it's name itself.. it should be neutral...

you've gotto take your own call... do some research yourself about your trade...

UAE

Star Member
Feb 24, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-jul-2009
Doc's Request.
02-oct-2009
My dear friend you have to thank god that you reached in final level of getting your visa,
Many peoples are waiting for years to get pr and you’re simply thinking if you go or not my question is to you why you applied in first place?

Thank you

JOLTBOLT

Jul 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear UAE,

I have waited for 5 years myself and contrary to what you may think, it was not a walk in the park for me.

With all due respect, I believe that me being so concerned and worried reflects on the fact of how serious I am in my effort towards
getting a better life for in Canada.

I hope you dont have to wait too long and that everything works out for you.

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
It's a genuine concern. Most people think that once they land in Canada things will be smooth. For some that's not the case.

People leave good and somewhat luxurious life back home only to find themselves struggle to survive in Canada. High-class and middle-class in their native homes suddenly find themselves in poor class in Canada. It's that setback that is most damaging.

There are some who are lucky enough to get support from close relatives and find their way through. Overall I would say starting a new life is a mix of challenges, opportunities, setbacks, frustrations and hopes. Life in Canada comes as a package: it includes the good and the bad.

bkuper

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Having had a look at the website, it is negative, but it is a reality of how the world is today. Five years ago when you applied, the world was not in a recession like now and opportunities would have been more plentiful. You raise a good issue here and people should really think long and hard about how they will fare as immigrants in general. I think that there are many people who have applied who have not even travelled out of their own country and are going to find it a real shock when they get there.

For myself, I have moved from South Africa to UK and then Australia. I can tell you guys, you have no idea how hard it can be to set up a new life, let alone compete for a job in a recession. It is going to be tough for almost everyone who goes and many will simply sink under the stress of it all.

Before people apply, they should really do a massive amount of research - don't just believe that there are jobs out there. Get onto Canadian employment web sites and search them thoroughly - if you can't find at least half a dozen positions that are relevant to you, believe me - they are not going to be there when you land.

I am fortunate to be an Australian citizen and if I do get the visa, it is only another option for me, and not one that I HAVE to take at the end of the day. If there are no jobs then I'm not going to go, even if I've got the visa. That's how people should view it - just because you have the visa, doesn't mean that you are obliged to go!

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think it's worth moving there. but everything depends on ur home country and ur situation there. i m from india and i want to move to canada 4 better life 4 my family and a sense of security. i have read somewhere that canada was voted best place to live in by united nations for 3 consecutive years. my cousin bro is married in canada and according to him situation is not that bad. problem is that people who r working in prime positions find it difficult there if they don't get a job of their choice for any reason. i think we have to be prepared to do any job we get in the initial period of stay there.

vamsi001

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
Dear bkuper,
thanks for your honest/sincere and candid advise.
most of us are indebted to you for being honest with your personal experience.
remain blessed my man.

bkuper

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Just further to my previous posting.....

Everyone on this forum is going to need to be able to find work over there and the reality is that most of us are going to be competing for the same jobs in the same cities - after all there are only 38 professions that Canada wants! Wanting a better environment for your kids and better security is not enough - we all want those things, but those desires won't create jobs out of thin air.

My suggestion is this - take yourself over on a visit to check it out, even if it's just for a week. For those of you who immediately think - "I haven't got the money/time to do that" then you are really going to struggle financially and mentally over there. Going to visit a place that you have committed so much time and energy into is sensible and will give you a better feeling of what you are letting yourself in for. It's a bit like buying a house - its a huge undertaking and you wouldn't spend all that time and money without seeing it first!

For those people such as JOLTBOLT who are having reservations, I would strongly suggest you head over there first and check it out before you spend thousands of dollars packing up and moving.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
bkuper said:
Just further to my previous posting.....

Everyone on this forum is going to need to be able to find work over there and the reality is that most of us are going to be competing for the same jobs in the same cities - after all there are only 38 professions that Canada wants! Wanting a better environment for your kids and better security is not enough - we all want those things, but those desires won't create jobs out of thin air.

My suggestion is this - take yourself over on a visit to check it out, even if it's just for a week. For those of you who immediately think - "I haven't got the money/time to do that" then you are really going to struggle financially and mentally over there. Going to visit a place that you have committed so much time and energy into is sensible and will give you a better feeling of what you are letting yourself in for. It's a bit like buying a house - its a huge undertaking and you wouldn't spend all that time and money without seeing it first!

For those people such as JOLTBOLT who are having reservations, I would strongly suggest you head over there first and check it out before you spend thousands of dollars packing up and moving.
BINGO... agreed...

UAE

Star Member
Feb 24, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-jul-2009
Doc's Request.
02-oct-2009
JOLTBOLT said:
Dear UAE,

I have waited for 5 years myself and contrary to what you may think, it was not a walk in the park for me.

With all due respect, I believe that me being so concerned and worried reflects on the fact of how serious I am in my effort towards
getting a better life for in Canada.

I hope you dont have to wait too long and that everything works out for you.
plz i am sorry don't understand me wrong i didnt mean what u understand i ddint mean you get it easily ,just i was encouraging you to go to Canada don't worry Canada is best country in living and working..
so be happy and enjoy wish you all the best
and thank you to for wishing for me the best
god bless you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
notcanada is old news. Do a search on this board and you will find probably about 5 threads about it, some of them very long.

Reality check: When you move to another country, unless you have a job lined up already, you have no idea what you are getting into. Maybe you will get lucky and find a good job right away it's more likely that you will start below your ability and have to prove yourself and work your way up at that company or another one.

Once you get your PR visa, you don't have to land right away, you can apply for jobs online (which by the way is a lot easier if you can say you are already PR and don't need a work permit). If you get a couple of offers, it may be a good idea to go and land and do some interviews to see if it looks like a good position. If not, you have to land before your visa expires but you can keep applying online and go to Canada every year on vacation and look for jobs in person. If you never find a job to your liking but you have a good job at home, you don't have to move to Canada and your PR will expire once you spend 3 years outside after your landing.

Picking a city and moving there without a job lined up is a leap of faith. For some people, it's worked out. Some people have had to relocate with added costs after they found out that the city they had settled in did not necessarily have any jobs for them. For other people, it's not worked out at all so they spend all their savings, write a post to notcanada.com and use their last money for a ticket home.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Most of these people if not all who complain about Canada can afford $1500 ticket back home. I wonder why they haven't gone back home if it is so bad in Canada. In life, we sometimes can't have it equal to someone else but we should strive to improve our situation. So I may not have it the same in the US as an American (I live in the US) because my taxes are slightly higher (I don't get some tax breaks as a non-resident alien) BUT if it was so bad here, guess what, I have the money to go back home and I wouldn't think twice about it. The fact is that being worse in the US is probably better than being good in a lot of countries. It is the same with Canada.

The fact that you did look at NOTCANADA makes you a bit more wiser and would probably help you make decisions when you do land in Canada.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
Better to listen to no one, live your experience in Canada, then be the judge.