+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

debysousa

May 13, 2014
Now mine is making me anxious :-X I haven't had any updates (but then again, my test was updated a week AFTER I had done it...) On my interview agent told me I had a finger print request..she said it was all normal procedure just because mine was expired and wouldn't add more than 2 weeks to my process. I did the FP next day and according to RCMP they submitted it to CIC on Septh 24th...
I did get pre test RQ (nowhere on my timeline its mentioned but I sent it to them in April), the agent didn't show any concern at all during my interview, she barely asked me anything, she just checked my passport with residency calculator and was done in 5 minutes (I probably got it cause I am self employed and do travel a lot but I have waaaay more days than they request as I've been a PR for over 9 years). She was all "happy happy" its all done, no worries wont take long attitude..
So anyway...I know not a lot of time has gone by yet... I guess I just got my expectations a little high ;D

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 24, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 12, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on March 2, 2015.
4. We sent you a notice on July 31, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 18, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you correspondence on August 17, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgarians,
Anyone got oath invitation letter? recently this week

Please share

CalgaryBD

Jun 8, 2015
Hi,

Following are my application details:

1.Received application: January 26, 2015.
2.Sent correspondence acknowledging receipt: March 5, 2015.
3.Started processing : March 12, 2015.
4.Test : September 2, 2015

ECAS changed from In Process to Decision Made September 28th, 2015

Hope will get oath invitation before vote.... 8)

Amir75

Jun 25, 2015
Here is my timeline, if anyone has taken their test around the same date and receive any update pls let me know and I'll keep you guys posted as well.

-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 10, 2015.
-We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 9, 2015.
-We started processing your application on April 16, 2015.
-We sent you a notice on September 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 16, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Zaraben

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Interview........
11-08-205
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
CalgaryBD said:
Hi,

Following are my application details:

1.Received application: January 26, 2015.
2.Sent correspondence acknowledging receipt: March 5, 2015.
3.Started processing : March 12, 2015.
4.Test : September 2, 2015

ECAS changed from In Process to Decision Made September 28th, 2015

Hope will get oath invitation before vote.... 8)
I had my exam August 8 and still waiting for the invitation ??? :eek: I want to vote too!!

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
friends,

Is the citizenship test a Single Choice or Multiple Choice test??

Also can someone kindly help me with URLs of the best
online Practice Tests I can take, which match the
actual test.

Thanks in advance for the help and guidance.

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
godhelp said:
friends,

Is the citizenship test a Single Choice or Multiple Choice test??

Also can someone kindly help me with URLs of the best
online Practice Tests I can take, which match the
actual test.

Thanks in advance for the help and guidance.

mostly multiple choice questions and sometime true/ false
here are few links to go through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C97qwulQlQc

www.citizenshipsupport.ca
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship
I hope it will help.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Thanks Mehwish for the very useful information.

But all the Practise test I am seeing,
they only have one correct answer. So how
is it a multiple choice???

Thanks,

SSV70

Jun 17, 2015
Hi Zaraben

This is what I found from this forum someone got: "Yup I got mine for Oct 2nd , applied Sept 24th 2014, test August 6th"

I also see in the CIC website that there is Oath ceremony on 5th Oct2015. Probably in a weeks time you might get.

I have done my test on the 27th Aug2015 and expecting Oath around mid or end of Oct2015 based on the current timing from this forum.

All the best to all, Cheers

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgarians,
Is anyone got Oath invitation to appear after Oct 5th ? if yes, please share your timelines

debysousa

May 13, 2014
The website don't show any ceremony after the 5th yet... I think, "us" waiting for the letters are waiting for new dates to be set, should begin to come soon *hopefully*