+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my citizenship exam yesterday in Calgary. Cleared it!! Wondering how long will I have to wait for the oath ceremony?

freetorch99

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now I'm a bit confused, I thought RQs or fingerprints are asked before the test or during the process, how come they are now asking this after the test, is this included in the new rules? Thanks.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abidcro said:
Hello I passed my test today but officer gave me finger print request (letter was typed and dated 10 June)

Now my questions are
Is my application non routine now ?
How long it takes for RSMP to send result to cic ?

My application details

Application received - 29 sep 2014
lOT - 18 dec 2014
Test passed and got finger print request- 18 jun 2015
Office - calgary

Your responses will be highly appreciated

Thanks
What is a non-routine application?
An application is considered non-routine if any one of the following has occurred:

you are asked to provide a residence questionnaire, documents proving residence in Canada, fingerprints, or any other additional documents;
we have not received all the necessary documents or the correct fees;
it is unclear whether you meet the residence requirements;
it is unclear whether you are subject to any immigration, security or criminal prohibitions;
you do not meet the language requirements for citizenship;
you fail or are unable to write the knowledge-of-Canada test (citizenship test); and
you require a hearing with a citizenship judge.

Your application may be considered non-routine or may be not. All depends why they requested the finger prints.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello every one, I'm very glad to write in this topic and participate in this topic because I need some advices if you could help me
first of all , I'm permanent resident of Canada , I landed in Canada in June 2010 , I stayed living in Montreal till august 2011 after that I went visit my family at my back home country it was a vacation for 45 days , I came back to Canada in September 2011 and moved to Calgary , I 'm still living in Calgary . I applied for my citizenship from Calgary in September 2013 . after that I went to visit my family at my home country, it was in October 2013 . I stayed in my home country till march 2014 it was long visit because my mom was sick. unfortunately , during my last visit to my country I lost all of my documents including my PR card , my social insurance number , my master card , my debit card , my Canadian driving license , my passport , my medical card and some other documents. I went to the police station in my country and I got a report that I lost all of my documents that was in February 2014, I applied for travel document to come back to Canada and I got it in march 2014, so I have now new passport of my country it is issued in February 2014 and I was lucky to come back to Canada in march 2014. when I came to Canada they sent me Rq in march 2014 and I filled it out and sent it to Cic in April 2014 , they needed it maximum 1 month to send it. but they need my old passport with stamps that I lost it but I sent with Rq some support document like police report from my home country, my medical report , my flights tickets, my study course record , taxes assessment and some other documents. my time line is application sent September 2013 , started processing January 2014 , Rq received march 2014 , Rq sent April 2014 . I'm now 21 month ago when I applied , I called Cic and they told me that I'm non routine application 36 month. I got cbsa report 2 month ago and some other documents to proof my residence in Canada from June 2010 till September 2013, I got some other documents from airlines company , my travel record from home country and I will send all of these document to support my file.
I would like to ask some questions
1 - lost of passport can affect my file and get refuse ? I tried to get all of documents to verify and prove my residence in Canada and I'm honest and truthful

2- I will be 36 month non routine application in September 2016 till this time I think I will meet with the Calgary judge but if I will pass the exam and the judge doesn't accept all of this proof and he refused my application what procedure can I take , I just expect the worst scenario?
3 proof like ( police report from my country , air line tickets , cbsa report, medical record , taxes report, study record, travel record from my home country, t4 , t5,lease of rent, bank statement , credit statements) all of these documents are not enough to convince cic officer or agent and the judge?
4- what I could do in case of the judge will refuse my application ? I should apply with the new law after 4 years?
I will be glad if you will answer me and give me some advices , I'm very patient and very glad to see your replies
kind regards

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
jeune

It is a possibility that your citizenship application might be turned because you can't prove that you resided in Canada for the required number of days because you "lost" all your documents. If that happens you just need to apply again and as hopefully you won't have lost your new passport etc you would then be able to prove you meet the residency requirements and would then be granted citizenship.

You could hire a lawyer but if you are living in Canada its probably easier to just apply again IF your application is turned down.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paw339 said:
jeune

It is a possibility that your citizenship application might be turned because you can't prove that you resided in Canada for the required number of days because you "lost" all your documents. If that happens you just need to apply again and as hopefully you won't have lost your new passport etc you would then be able to prove you meet the residency requirements and would then be granted citizenship.

You could hire a lawyer but if you are living in Canada its probably easier to just apply again IF your application is turned down.
thank you so much paw 339 for your replay

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeune said:
thank you so much paw 339 for your replay
why don't u get ur entry n exit report from ur country and Canada? It will show ur travel movements n it can help , though loosing everything sound suspicious , n if u came as refugee can be more tricky but all the best.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeune said:
hello every one, I'm very glad to write in this topic and participate in this topic because I need some advices if you could help me
first of all , I'm permanent resident of Canada , I landed in Canada in June 2010 , I stayed living in Montreal till august 2011 after that I went visit my family at my back home country it was a vacation for 45 days , I came back to Canada in September 2011 and moved to Calgary , I 'm still living in Calgary . I applied for my citizenship from Calgary in September 2013 . after that I went to visit my family at my home country, it was in October 2013 . I stayed in my home country till march 2014 it was long visit because my mom was sick. unfortunately , during my last visit to my country I lost all of my documents including my PR card , my social insurance number , my master card , my debit card , my Canadian driving license , my passport , my medical card and some other documents. I went to the police station in my country and I got a report that I lost all of my documents that was in February 2014, I applied for travel document to come back to Canada and I got it in march 2014, so I have now new passport of my country it is issued in February 2014 and I was lucky to come back to Canada in march 2014. when I came to Canada they sent me Rq in march 2014 and I filled it out and sent it to Cic in April 2014 , they needed it maximum 1 month to send it. but they need my old passport with stamps that I lost it but I sent with Rq some support document like police report from my home country, my medical report , my flights tickets, my study course record , taxes assessment and some other documents. my time line is application sent September 2013 , started processing January 2014 , Rq received march 2014 , Rq sent April 2014 . I'm now 21 month ago when I applied , I called Cic and they told me that I'm non routine application 36 month. I got cbsa report 2 month ago and some other documents to proof my residence in Canada from June 2010 till September 2013, I got some other documents from airlines company , my travel record from home country and I will send all of these document to support my file.
I would like to ask some questions
1 - lost of passport can affect my file and get refuse ? I tried to get all of documents to verify and prove my residence in Canada and I'm honest and truthful

2- I will be 36 month non routine application in September 2016 till this time I think I will meet with the Calgary judge but if I will pass the exam and the judge doesn't accept all of this proof and he refused my application what procedure can I take , I just expect the worst scenario?
3 proof like ( police report from my country , air line tickets , cbsa report, medical record , taxes report, study record, travel record from my home country, t4 , t5,lease of rent, bank statement , credit statements) all of these documents are not enough to convince cic officer or agent and the judge?
4- what I could do in case of the judge will refuse my application ? I should apply with the new law after 4 years?
I will be glad if you will answer me and give me some advices , I'm very patient and very glad to see your replies
kind regards
Your lost passports are not the only proof of time you stayed in Canada. If you have other solid proofs that show you are in Canada, then you don't have to be worried. E.g your Health records clearly indicates the dates you visited your doctor. Your records of employment, your credit card bills etc. Your boarding passes clearly indicates the dates you travel.

To have piece of mind, just visit any good immigration lawyer like Raj Sharma with all the proofs you have and take advise.

omnisap

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chinga,

I wrote the exam on Jun 8 and waiting for oath letter. Hope I don't get RQd at this stage.

Did you get any updates? My ecas says in processing.

N

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yesterday1234 said:
i am going to the oath ceremony22-6-2015 8:00am in calgary tomorrow :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Congrats, when was your test.

Chingas

Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omnisap said:
Chinga,

I wrote the exam on Jun 8 and waiting for oath letter. Hope I don't get RQd at this stage.

Did you get any updates? My ecas says in processing.

N
I wrote mine on June 9 and also waiting. My ECAs hasn't updated with anything, not even the test invite. All it says is in process and the last line is when they started processing my application. Let's hope everything goes smooth from here on